Gaumont International TV said last month that it planned to turn the iconic Barbarella character into a series, much the same way it did in producing Hannibal that has been picked up by NBC and Hemlock Grove which is at Netflix. Now fellow European-based studio Canal Plus has joined in on the TV project, which is being executive produced by Martha De Laurentiis and Nicolas Winding Refn (Drive), who also is directing. The character made famous by Jane Fonda in the 1968 sci-fi movie produced by Dino De Laurentiis came from Jean-Claude Forest’s graphic novel about a sexpot tasked with finding and stopping the evil weapons inventor. Forest’s son Julien Forest and Hollywood Comics principal Jean-Marc Lofficier are co-exec producing the TV project.
Canal Plus Comes Aboard 'Barbarella' TV Series
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland's $74.7M Global Bow; 'Pitch Perfect 2' Singing $190.4M Cume; 'Mad Max' Smokin' $227.7M - Wwide B.O. Update
Latest International News
- ‘Tomorrowland’s $74.7M Global Bow; ‘Pitch Perfect 2′ Singing $190.4M Cume; ‘Mad Max’ Smokin’ $227.7M – Wwide…
- ITV Walking Away From Weinstein Co. TV Deal; What Now For Bob And Harvey?
- Michael Gambon Is Winston Churchill In ITV Drama Headed To PBS’ Masterpiece
- Netflix Rumored To Want Gerard Depardieu For French ‘House Of Cards’
- Cannes: Audiard’s ‘Dheepan’ Wins Palme D’Or At Emotional, Musical Ceremony – Update
- Aishwarya Rai On Return To Film With ‘Jazbaa’ Helmer Sanjay Gupta – Video