Gaumont International TV said last month that it planned to turn the iconic Barbarella character into a series, much the same way it did in producing Hannibal that has been picked up by NBC and Hemlock Grove which is at Netflix. Now fellow European-based studio Canal Plus has joined in on the TV project, which is being executive produced by Martha De Laurentiis and Nicolas Winding Refn (Drive), who also is directing. The character made famous by Jane Fonda in the 1968 sci-fi movie produced by Dino De Laurentiis came from Jean-Claude Forest’s graphic novel about a sexpot tasked with finding and stopping the evil weapons inventor. Forest’s son Julien Forest and Hollywood Comics principal Jean-Marc Lofficier are co-exec producing the TV project.
Canal Plus Comes Aboard 'Barbarella' TV Series
What's Hot on Deadline
Robert Redford Sanguine About Donald Trump But "Depressed" About Partisan Politics At Sundance Opening Presser
'Split' Soars To Mid-$30M After Solid $2M Start; 'xXx,' $1.2M, 'Founder,' $105K In Previews As 'Hidden Figures' Stays Strong - Friday - UPDATE
Hollywood Reacts To Trump Inauguration: "Country Is Lost", Tweets Alec Baldwin; Scott Baio Proud To Be "Deplorable"
Paramount Gets China Infusion: $1 Billion, 3-Year Slate Co-Financing Deal With Shanghai Film Group & Huahua Media
Latest International News
- ‘Axolotl Overkill’ Clip: Reckless Teen In Hot Water With School Principal — Sundance
- Global Media Gloms On To Donald Trump’s Inauguration; China? Not So Much
- Wanda Says Thomas Tull Not Fired From Legendary Over ‘The Great Wall’
- Berlin Sets Lineup, Adds Stanley Tucci’s ‘Final Portrait’ & Catherine Deneuve Starrer ‘Midwife’
- Prescience Rebrands To Hindsight, Restructures Management
- Lennie James’ ‘Gone’ Heads To Sky Atlantic; ‘The Tunnel: Vengeance’ Returns For Final Series