Gaumont International TV said last month that it planned to turn the iconic Barbarella character into a series, much the same way it did in producing Hannibal that has been picked up by NBC and Hemlock Grove which is at Netflix. Now fellow European-based studio Canal Plus has joined in on the TV project, which is being executive produced by Martha De Laurentiis and Nicolas Winding Refn (Drive), who also is directing. The character made famous by Jane Fonda in the 1968 sci-fi movie produced by Dino De Laurentiis came from Jean-Claude Forest’s graphic novel about a sexpot tasked with finding and stopping the evil weapons inventor. Forest’s son Julien Forest and Hollywood Comics principal Jean-Marc Lofficier are co-exec producing the TV project.
Canal Plus Comes Aboard 'Barbarella' TV Series
What's Hot on Deadline
Matt Groening Netflix Animated Comedy A Go With 20-Episode Order, Abbi Jacobson, Nat Faxon & Eric Andre Lead Voice Cast
Latest International News
- ‘Valerian’ And The City Of A Thousand Misconceptions: Who’s On The Hook?
- Wanda Boss Says Company Is Putting The Brakes On Hollywood Investments
- Protagonist Pictures Ups Dave Bishop To CEO After Mike Goodridge Exit
- Toronto Film Festival 2017 Unveils Strong Slate
- Rosemarie DeWitt & Danny Huston Join Johnny Depp In ‘Richard Says Goodbye’
- Venice Days Lineup Includes Works From Chloe Sevigny, Kim Nguyen & China’s Pengfei