Gaumont International TV said last month that it planned to turn the iconic Barbarella character into a series, much the same way it did in producing Hannibal that has been picked up by NBC and Hemlock Grove which is at Netflix. Now fellow European-based studio Canal Plus has joined in on the TV project, which is being executive produced by Martha De Laurentiis and Nicolas Winding Refn (Drive), who also is directing. The character made famous by Jane Fonda in the 1968 sci-fi movie produced by Dino De Laurentiis came from Jean-Claude Forest’s graphic novel about a sexpot tasked with finding and stopping the evil weapons inventor. Forest’s son Julien Forest and Hollywood Comics principal Jean-Marc Lofficier are co-exec producing the TV project.
Canal Plus Comes Aboard 'Barbarella' TV Series
What's Hot on Deadline
Shania Twain Clarifies Comments On Supporting Trump, Says She's "Passionately Against Discrimination"
Stormy Daniels' Lawyer Says Relationship Between Cohen And Hannity "Far More Extensive" Than People Believe
'Fast & Furious' Animated Series Set At Netflix Based On Universal Movies As Deal With DreamWorks Animation TV Expands
Latest International News
- Hot Cannes Title: BLOOM To Sell International On Julius Onah-Helmed ‘Luce’
- ‘The Bridge’ Heads To Asia After Endemol Shine Strikes Deal With SVOD Service Viu
- Saudi Arabia Moviegoing: Studio Distrib & Exhibition Bosses Debate Ticket Prices, Taxes & More At CinemaCon
- White House Mum On Possible Michael Cohen Pardon, EPA Chief Scott Pruitt Fate
- Ben Silverman & Howard T. Owens' Propagate Invests In Edouard De Vesinne’s French Production Firm Incognita
- Tencent To Co-Fi Skydance’s ‘Terminator’ Reboot, Takes Chinese Distribution