Liz Tigelaar’s ABC Studios drama pilot The Joneses, which was originally developed at ABC, has been picked up by Bravo for development — marking one of the network’s first stabs at a scripted project. It’s based on the 2009 indie film of the same name that starred Demi Moore and David Duchovny. The pilot from Life Unexpected creator/executive producer Tigelaar reunited that series’ executive producers Gary Fleder and Mary Beth Basile (via their Mojo Films) and was in the works at ABC. The trio are still attached to produce, and the original film’s production company Echo Lake is also aboard. The show was described as a family drama that follows the All-American Joneses, who’ve just moved into an upscale suburb to start a new life. But they have a secret they must keep from their new friends and neighbors — they aren’t a real family at all. (In the movie, they turn out to be guns-for-hire cast to play family members and do stealth product marketing among their neighbors.)
Bravo To Develop Liz Tigelaar's Former ABC Pilot 'The Joneses'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Breaks More Records: $108M Second Weekend Is Second-Best Ever As Marvel Movie Heads For $400M
CNN's Brian Stelter Blasts Pirro-President Chat As "Fantasyland", Glenn Beck Calls Tapper's Town Hall "Grotesque"
'Black Panther' Runs Past $300M Offshore, $700M WW; 'Operation Red Sea' Rises In China - International Box Office
Berlin Film Festival Winners: 'Touch Me Not' Is Golden Bear; Wes Anderson Takes Best Director For 'Isle Of Dogs' - Full List
Latest TV News
- CNN’s Brian Stelter Blasts Pirro-President Chat As “Fantasyland”, Glenn Beck Calls Tapper’s Town Hall “Grotesque”…
- Regan Arts Sells Story Of California’s Leading Abortionist For TV Development
- Olympics Ratings Slide To Icy 2018 Low, Slightly Up From Sochi 2014 On Last Night
- Top BBC Presenter Claims Class Pay Gap As Wide As Gender Pay Gap
- ‘The Simpsons’ Predicted USA’s Olympic Gold Medal Win In Curling Eight Years Ago
- Omarosa Talks About Writing A Tell-All on ‘Celebrity Big Brother’, Says She Has To “Tell Her Truth”