Liz Tigelaar’s ABC Studios drama pilot The Joneses, which was originally developed at ABC, has been picked up by Bravo for development — marking one of the network’s first stabs at a scripted project. It’s based on the 2009 indie film of the same name that starred Demi Moore and David Duchovny. The pilot from Life Unexpected creator/executive producer Tigelaar reunited that series’ executive producers Gary Fleder and Mary Beth Basile (via their Mojo Films) and was in the works at ABC. The trio are still attached to produce, and the original film’s production company Echo Lake is also aboard. The show was described as a family drama that follows the All-American Joneses, who’ve just moved into an upscale suburb to start a new life. But they have a secret they must keep from their new friends and neighbors — they aren’t a real family at all. (In the movie, they turn out to be guns-for-hire cast to play family members and do stealth product marketing among their neighbors.)
Bravo To Develop Liz Tigelaar's Former ABC Pilot 'The Joneses'
What's Hot on Deadline
Billy Bob Thornton, Carla Juri & Charlie Hunnam Join Aaron Taylor-Johnson In 'A Million Little Pieces'
Latest TV News
- Peter Mayle Dies; ‘A Year In Provence’ & ‘A Good Year’ Author Was 78
- Israeli Drama ‘In A Heartbeat’ & Irish Crime Thriller ‘Costigan’ Lead Berlin Co-Pro Lineup
- BBC Worldwide Content Chief Helen Jackson To Depart After 31 Years
- Sony Pictures Television Sets Up UK-Based Non-Scripted Label Human
- Bradford Dillman Dies: Star Of Broadway, Film And TV Was 87
- Freeform Unveils New Logo & “A Little Forward” Tagline