Liz Tigelaar’s ABC Studios drama pilot The Joneses, which was originally developed at ABC, has been picked up by Bravo for development — marking one of the network’s first stabs at a scripted project. It’s based on the 2009 indie film of the same name that starred Demi Moore and David Duchovny. The pilot from Life Unexpected creator/executive producer Tigelaar reunited that series’ executive producers Gary Fleder and Mary Beth Basile (via their Mojo Films) and was in the works at ABC. The trio are still attached to produce, and the original film’s production company Echo Lake is also aboard. The show was described as a family drama that follows the All-American Joneses, who’ve just moved into an upscale suburb to start a new life. But they have a secret they must keep from their new friends and neighbors — they aren’t a real family at all. (In the movie, they turn out to be guns-for-hire cast to play family members and do stealth product marketing among their neighbors.)
Bravo To Develop Liz Tigelaar's Former ABC Pilot 'The Joneses'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Napa Valley Film Fest Says “The Show Must Go On” Despite Quakes, Sets Lineup
- Keith OIbermann's ESPN2 Program Moving; He'll Anchor Some 'SportsCenter' Shows (Video)
- Hot Trailer: 'The Pyramid'
- Lionsgate Nabs Schwarzenegger Starrer 'Maggie'; Oscilloscope Rocks With 'Jingle Bell' Docu
- Kathryn Prescott Joins CBS Miniseries 'The Dovekeepers'
- Hot TV Teaser: 'The Affair'