Billy Campbell, who plays troubled mayoral candidate Darren Richmond on AMC’s The Killing, is signing on for more killing. He has been set to play Abraham Lincoln in National Geographic Channel‘s Killing Lincoln, the two-hour docu-drama based on Bill O’Reilly and Martin Dugard’s book that chronicles the conspiracy behind Lincoln’s assassination. Scott Free Productions and Herzog & Co are producing the telefilm, which Erik Jendresen is showrunning and Adrian Moat (the same companies’ Emmy-nominated Gettysburg) is directing. Ridley and Tony Scott are executive producing along with O’Reilly, David Zucker, Mary Lisio, and Mark Herzog. The shoot is scheduled to begin this month in Richmond, VA. Campbell, who launched his career starring opposite Jennifer Connelly in 1991’s The Rocketeer, most recently was seen on the big screen in Matthew Lilard’s SXSW winner Fat Kid Rules The World.
'The Killing's Billy Campbell To Play Abraham Lincoln In Nat Geo's 'Killing Lincoln'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Breaks More Records: $108M Second Weekend Is Second-Best Ever As Marvel Movie Heads For $400M
Berlin Film Festival Winners: 'Touch Me Not' Is Golden Bear; Wes Anderson Takes Best Director For 'Isle Of Dogs' - Full List
Latest TV News
- Top BBC Presenter Claims Class Pay Gap As Wide As Gender Pay Gap
- ‘The Simpsons’ Predicted USA’s Olympic Gold Medal Win In Curling Eight Years Ago
- Omarosa Talks About Writing A Tell-All on ‘Celebrity Big Brother’, Says She Has To “Tell Her Truth”
- MSNBC Analyst Michael Steele To Conservative Honcho: “I’ve Taken Crap You Have No Idea About”
- Fox News To Air Live Donald Trump Interview With Jeanine Pirro Tonight
- CNN Claims Father Of School Shooting Hero May Have Altered Email To Fuel “Fake News” Charges