Billy Campbell, who plays troubled mayoral candidate Darren Richmond on AMC’s The Killing, is signing on for more killing. He has been set to play Abraham Lincoln in National Geographic Channel‘s Killing Lincoln, the two-hour docu-drama based on Bill O’Reilly and Martin Dugard’s book that chronicles the conspiracy behind Lincoln’s assassination. Scott Free Productions and Herzog & Co are producing the telefilm, which Erik Jendresen is showrunning and Adrian Moat (the same companies’ Emmy-nominated Gettysburg) is directing. Ridley and Tony Scott are executive producing along with O’Reilly, David Zucker, Mary Lisio, and Mark Herzog. The shoot is scheduled to begin this month in Richmond, VA. Campbell, who launched his career starring opposite Jennifer Connelly in 1991’s The Rocketeer, most recently was seen on the big screen in Matthew Lilard’s SXSW winner Fat Kid Rules The World.
'The Killing's Billy Campbell To Play Abraham Lincoln In Nat Geo's 'Killing Lincoln'
What's Hot on Deadline
John Oliver: Donald Trump's Tape Admission "Extraordinarily Stupid" Confirmation Of James Comey Testimony
Why 'Transformers' Is Screaming For Reboot After $69M Start; 'Wonder Woman' & 'Cars 3' Fight Over 2nd Place - Sunday AM
Latest TV News
- Spike Lee’s ‘She’s Gotta Have It’ Netflix Series Gets Premiere Date, Unveils Teaser
- ‘Marvel’s Inhumans’ Gets Premiere Date On ABC
- Amazon Greenlights Tour De France Docuseries Inspired By Hannah Grant Book
- ABC's 2017 Talent Competition Kicks Off; Expands To UK
- BET Awards Winners: Beyoncé, Bruno Mars, Chance The Rapper Lead Way
- Report Exonerates SAG-AFTRA Execs Accused Of Miseeds