Billy Campbell, who plays troubled mayoral candidate Darren Richmond on AMC’s The Killing, is signing on for more killing. He has been set to play Abraham Lincoln in National Geographic Channel‘s Killing Lincoln, the two-hour docu-drama based on Bill O’Reilly and Martin Dugard’s book that chronicles the conspiracy behind Lincoln’s assassination. Scott Free Productions and Herzog & Co are producing the telefilm, which Erik Jendresen is showrunning and Adrian Moat (the same companies’ Emmy-nominated Gettysburg) is directing. Ridley and Tony Scott are executive producing along with O’Reilly, David Zucker, Mary Lisio, and Mark Herzog. The shoot is scheduled to begin this month in Richmond, VA. Campbell, who launched his career starring opposite Jennifer Connelly in 1991’s The Rocketeer, most recently was seen on the big screen in Matthew Lilard’s SXSW winner Fat Kid Rules The World.
'The Killing's Billy Campbell To Play Abraham Lincoln In Nat Geo's 'Killing Lincoln'
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Expendables 4' Muscles Up: Sylvester Stallone Action Pic & 'Rambo 5' Sell To China In Eight-Figure Co-Fi Deal
Billboard Music Awards Ratings Hit Low, 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine' Finale Rises, NBA Up With Warriors' Win
Mario Batali Under Criminal Investigation By NYPD For Sexual Assault Allegations; B&B HG Sever Ties With Chef - Update
Latest TV News
- Seth Meyers Blasts Donald Trump’s Claim FBI Spied On White House
- Stephen Colbert Looks At Leakin’ Donald Trump
- ‘Peppa Pig’ & TV Content Drive Entertainment One Results But Movie Revenues Slow
- ‘Dancing With The Stars: Athletes’ Edition Names Its Winner
- Gina Rodriguez And David Thewlis Join Pubescent Animated Comedy ‘Big Mouth’
- Inspiring Dave Annable Post Sheds Light On Agony Of Network Series Recastings