Billy Campbell, who plays troubled mayoral candidate Darren Richmond on AMC’s The Killing, is signing on for more killing. He has been set to play Abraham Lincoln in National Geographic Channel‘s Killing Lincoln, the two-hour docu-drama based on Bill O’Reilly and Martin Dugard’s book that chronicles the conspiracy behind Lincoln’s assassination. Scott Free Productions and Herzog & Co are producing the telefilm, which Erik Jendresen is showrunning and Adrian Moat (the same companies’ Emmy-nominated Gettysburg) is directing. Ridley and Tony Scott are executive producing along with O’Reilly, David Zucker, Mary Lisio, and Mark Herzog. The shoot is scheduled to begin this month in Richmond, VA. Campbell, who launched his career starring opposite Jennifer Connelly in 1991’s The Rocketeer, most recently was seen on the big screen in Matthew Lilard’s SXSW winner Fat Kid Rules The World.
'The Killing's Billy Campbell To Play Abraham Lincoln In Nat Geo's 'Killing Lincoln'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- ‘Real Time’: Janice Min Says Weinstein Frenzy Fueled Partly By Trump Anger
- Pentatonix Christmas Special Returns, Joined By Jennifer Hudson, Jay Leno, Darci Lynne Farmer
- Ben Bates Dies: ‘Gunsmoke’ Stunt Double was 84
- Jimmy Kimmel And Matt Damon To Raffle Off Dysfunctional Dinner For Jon Stewart Fundraiser
- Nikki Toscano Sells Dramas With Matt Reeves & Craig Brewer To Fox With Penalty
- ‘Magnum P.I.’ Reboot In the Works At CBS