Billy Campbell, who plays troubled mayoral candidate Darren Richmond on AMC’s The Killing, is signing on for more killing. He has been set to play Abraham Lincoln in National Geographic Channel‘s Killing Lincoln, the two-hour docu-drama based on Bill O’Reilly and Martin Dugard’s book that chronicles the conspiracy behind Lincoln’s assassination. Scott Free Productions and Herzog & Co are producing the telefilm, which Erik Jendresen is showrunning and Adrian Moat (the same companies’ Emmy-nominated Gettysburg) is directing. Ridley and Tony Scott are executive producing along with O’Reilly, David Zucker, Mary Lisio, and Mark Herzog. The shoot is scheduled to begin this month in Richmond, VA. Campbell, who launched his career starring opposite Jennifer Connelly in 1991’s The Rocketeer, most recently was seen on the big screen in Matthew Lilard’s SXSW winner Fat Kid Rules The World.
'The Killing's Billy Campbell To Play Abraham Lincoln In Nat Geo's 'Killing Lincoln'
What's Hot on Deadline
White House Reporter Dares To Stream Audio Of White House Press Briefing Live; Republic Still Standing
Latest TV News
- Comic-Con: ‘Battlestar Galactica’ Reunion Features Richard Hatch Tribute
- SAG-AFTRA Flooded Producers With Contract Claims To Use As Bargaining Chip In Talks
- David Cronenberg Novel ‘Consumed’ To Be Developed As TV Series By ‘FTWD’s Dave Erickson & ‘Lucifer’s Sheri Elwood…
- Comic-Con: ‘Teen Wolf’ Cast Takes A Walk Down Memory Lane, Debuts New Trailer For Final Season
- Comic-Con: ‘Exorcist’ Star Alfonso Herrera On Season 2 & ‘Sense8’ Finale
- Johnny Depp’s Ex-Biz Managers Cite More Examples Of Actor’s Overspending In New Court Docs