Billy Campbell, who plays troubled mayoral candidate Darren Richmond on AMC’s The Killing, is signing on for more killing. He has been set to play Abraham Lincoln in National Geographic Channel‘s Killing Lincoln, the two-hour docu-drama based on Bill O’Reilly and Martin Dugard’s book that chronicles the conspiracy behind Lincoln’s assassination. Scott Free Productions and Herzog & Co are producing the telefilm, which Erik Jendresen is showrunning and Adrian Moat (the same companies’ Emmy-nominated Gettysburg) is directing. Ridley and Tony Scott are executive producing along with O’Reilly, David Zucker, Mary Lisio, and Mark Herzog. The shoot is scheduled to begin this month in Richmond, VA. Campbell, who launched his career starring opposite Jennifer Connelly in 1991’s The Rocketeer, most recently was seen on the big screen in Matthew Lilard’s SXSW winner Fat Kid Rules The World.
'The Killing's Billy Campbell To Play Abraham Lincoln In Nat Geo's 'Killing Lincoln'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $285M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
Latest TV News
- Video: Harrison Ford’s Close Call At California Airport
- AwesomenessTV Founder & CEO Brian Robbins Exits
- Jimmy Fallon’s Donald Trump Unveils “112% Factual” Trump News Network
- Bill Maher Takes Credit For Yiannopoulos Downfall, Calls Him “Emotionally Needy Ann Coulter Wannabe”
- Joe Scarborough: Donald Trump’s “Erratic Behavior” Has Republicans Worried
- ITV Closure Of London Studios Irks Union; China’s iQiyi Raises $1.5B – Global Briefs