This could be a significant change for Apple: So far it has only made iTunes and Netflix available to Apple TV users who wanted to order movies and TV shows. Strangely, the companies aren’t saying much about the decision. There’s no press release with grandiose statements from execs — just this mention on the Hulu blog with instructions for Apple TV users who want to access the $7.99 a month service. But Apple’s desire to limit consumers’ choices seemed to put Apple TV at a competitive disadvantage to rivals including game consoles (such as Microsoft’s Xbox and Sony’s PS3) and Roku boxes that provide gateways to other video services including Amazon Prime. Hulu Plus streams a variety of TV shows including current and old series from ABC, NBC, FOX, The CW and Univision.
Apple TV Relents And Offers Its Users Access To Hulu Plus
What's Hot on Deadline
How My Struggle As A Survivor Of Sexual Abuse Became 'The Tale', A Movie I Hope Will Change The World - Guest Column
Latest Film News
- Kate Bosworth, Michael Polish Launch Montana Art School; Night Fox To Produce Horror Pic ‘Streetwalkers’…
- Deadpool’s Thank You Vs. ‘Golden Girls’ Opening Theme: Who Swore It Better?
- How My Struggle As A Survivor Of Sexual Abuse Became ‘The Tale’, A Movie I Hope Will Change The World…
- The Week In Deadline Videos & Podcasts: Ron Howard, Will Yun Lee & Natalie Dormer
- ‘Insidious: The Last Key’ Locks Up $100M+ Overseas For Franchise First
- Hollywood Tweets On Bailed Weinstein: “We Were All Silent For So Long”