This could be a significant change for Apple: So far it has only made iTunes and Netflix available to Apple TV users who wanted to order movies and TV shows. Strangely, the companies aren’t saying much about the decision. There’s no press release with grandiose statements from execs — just this mention on the Hulu blog with instructions for Apple TV users who want to access the $7.99 a month service. But Apple’s desire to limit consumers’ choices seemed to put Apple TV at a competitive disadvantage to rivals including game consoles (such as Microsoft’s Xbox and Sony’s PS3) and Roku boxes that provide gateways to other video services including Amazon Prime. Hulu Plus streams a variety of TV shows including current and old series from ABC, NBC, FOX, The CW and Univision.
Apple TV Relents And Offers Its Users Access To Hulu Plus
What's Hot on Deadline
'Latin Lover' Gets More Love Thursday Night Than Emma Watson-Tom Hanks Thriller 'The Circle' - Box Office
M Night Shyamalan Unveils 'Glass': 'Unbreakable' & 'Split' Sequel To Star Bruce Willis, Samuel L Jackson, James McAvoy
Bravo Unveils Unscripted Slate With 6 New & 18 Returning Series; More 'Real Housewives' & 'Vanderpump Rules'
Latest Film News
- Director Jim Sheridan’s Next: ‘H-Block’ Coming Together With Cillian Murphy, Jamie Dornan, Pierce Brosnan
- Rami Malek On The Run In 'Buster's Mal Heart'; Noomi Rapace Kidnapped In 'Rupture' – Specialty B.O. Preview
- MTV Movie & TV Awards Set To Honor ‘Fast & Furious’ Franchise
- Sony’s Pictures Division Reports Loss Of $719M; Company’s Overall Net Profit Takes 50% Hit
- ‘Firestarter’: Stephen King Classic Reignites With Universal, Blumhouse & Akiva Goldsman Directing
- Tribeca Film Festival Winners: ‘Keep The Change’, ‘Bobbi Jene’ Tops