Jolie Hunt will report to CEO Tim Armstrong in the newly created job of Chief Marketing and Communications Officer. She’ll oversee AOL’s global communications strategy, including internal and external communications; social media; corporate social responsibility and cause-related initiatives; and corporate events. The company says she’ll also handle global brand development, partnerships and consumer marketing initiatives. Hunt comes to AOL From Thomson Reuters, where she was Global Head of Brand and Public Relations. Prior to that she served stints at IBM and the Financial Times. But those outside the industry may know Hunt as the writer of The Daily Beast‘s “Gal With a Suitcase” travel column, which Reuters also syndicates. She’s on the board of social innovation think tank PopTech and the Civilian Public Affairs Council for West Point Military Academy. “AOL makes a real difference in peoples’ lives and this is an opportunity to solidify the company’s place as the premier source of trusted content,” she says.
AOL Taps Jolie Hunt To Oversee Marketing And Communications
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Lieberman
- Now That He's At Carmike, Can Bud Mayo Lead Theaters' Alternative Content Revolution?
- Cable Milestone: Operators Have More Broadband Subs Than TV Ones
- Look Out Gannett: Carl Icahn Buys 6.6% Stake
- Warren Buffett Sends A Mixed Message To John Malone As He Buys Into Charter But Unloads Starz
- Citing “Insulting” Criticism, Comcast And Time Warner Cable Withdraw Funding For Dinner Honoring FCC Commissioner
- Televisa Partners With MiTu To Develop Spanish-Language Digital Content