Jolie Hunt will report to CEO Tim Armstrong in the newly created job of Chief Marketing and Communications Officer. She’ll oversee AOL’s global communications strategy, including internal and external communications; social media; corporate social responsibility and cause-related initiatives; and corporate events. The company says she’ll also handle global brand development, partnerships and consumer marketing initiatives. Hunt comes to AOL From Thomson Reuters, where she was Global Head of Brand and Public Relations. Prior to that she served stints at IBM and the Financial Times. But those outside the industry may know Hunt as the writer of The Daily Beast‘s “Gal With a Suitcase” travel column, which Reuters also syndicates. She’s on the board of social innovation think tank PopTech and the Civilian Public Affairs Council for West Point Military Academy. “AOL makes a real difference in peoples’ lives and this is an opportunity to solidify the company’s place as the premier source of trusted content,” she says.
AOL Taps Jolie Hunt To Oversee Marketing And Communications
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Last Jedi' Now Opening To $219M+: How Disney Continues To Win With The 'Star Wars' Franchise - Update
Harvey Weinstein Again Denies Blackballing Actresses: Says He Wanted Ashley Judd For 'Good Will Hunting'
Latest Film News
- Harvey Weinstein Again Denies Blackballing Actresses: Says He Wanted Ashley Judd For ‘Good Will Hunting’
- ‘The Room’ Filmmaker Tommy Wiseau Pitched Himself For Next ‘Star Wars’ Movie
- ‘Darkest Hour’ Is Gary Oldman’s “Man On A Mission” Movie
- Jake Gyllenhaal’s Fight To Mount ‘Stronger’ And Play A Real-Life Superhero
- Director Terry Zwigoff Joins Peter Jackson, Mira Sorvino & Ashley Judd In Claiming Weinstein Blacklist; Hollywood Reacts
- Paul Haggis Denies Rape Claims By Publicist; Calls It “Public Hanging”