Jolie Hunt will report to CEO Tim Armstrong in the newly created job of Chief Marketing and Communications Officer. She’ll oversee AOL’s global communications strategy, including internal and external communications; social media; corporate social responsibility and cause-related initiatives; and corporate events. The company says she’ll also handle global brand development, partnerships and consumer marketing initiatives. Hunt comes to AOL From Thomson Reuters, where she was Global Head of Brand and Public Relations. Prior to that she served stints at IBM and the Financial Times. But those outside the industry may know Hunt as the writer of The Daily Beast‘s “Gal With a Suitcase” travel column, which Reuters also syndicates. She’s on the board of social innovation think tank PopTech and the Civilian Public Affairs Council for West Point Military Academy. “AOL makes a real difference in peoples’ lives and this is an opportunity to solidify the company’s place as the premier source of trusted content,” she says.
AOL Taps Jolie Hunt To Oversee Marketing And Communications
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Lieberman
- UPDATE: Comcast Says HBO And CBS Online Plans Won't Upset TV Ecosystem: Live Blog
- Streaming Cash: Redbox Reports Losses From Its Joint Venture With Verizon
- Cable Programmers, Citing Privacy Concerns, Hold Up FCC's Review Of Comcast And DirecTV Deals
- Layer3 TV Taps Lindsay Gardner To Lead Programming And Content Acquisition
- Yahoo Shares Rise As Mobile Revenues Help It Beat Q3 Earnings Expectations
- Will Time Warner Feel A Bruise From Its Battle With Dish Network?