Jolie Hunt will report to CEO Tim Armstrong in the newly created job of Chief Marketing and Communications Officer. She’ll oversee AOL’s global communications strategy, including internal and external communications; social media; corporate social responsibility and cause-related initiatives; and corporate events. The company says she’ll also handle global brand development, partnerships and consumer marketing initiatives. Hunt comes to AOL From Thomson Reuters, where she was Global Head of Brand and Public Relations. Prior to that she served stints at IBM and the Financial Times. But those outside the industry may know Hunt as the writer of The Daily Beast‘s “Gal With a Suitcase” travel column, which Reuters also syndicates. She’s on the board of social innovation think tank PopTech and the Civilian Public Affairs Council for West Point Military Academy. “AOL makes a real difference in peoples’ lives and this is an opportunity to solidify the company’s place as the premier source of trusted content,” she says.
AOL Taps Jolie Hunt To Oversee Marketing And Communications
What's Hot on Deadline
'Justice League' Currently Stumbling With $97M+ Opening: Are 'Wonder' & 'Thor' Cutting Into Business?
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Actress Accuses 'Girls' EP Murray Miller Of Sexual Assault; Showrunners Lena Dunham & Jenni Konner Defend Him - Update
Latest Film News
- Vice Forms All-Female Advisory In Wake Of Exec’s Conduct Suspension
- AT&T-Time Warner Merger Antitrust Review Casting Pall Over Fox Talks
- Pete Hammond’s Notes On The Season: WGA Nixes ‘Three Billboards’; Bleecker Puts Lumps Of Coal In Critics’ Stockings; ‘Get Out…
- ‘Get Out’s Jordan Peele Responds To Golden Globes Category
- Douglas Booth In Talks To Play Nikki Sixx In Motley Crue Biopic ‘The Dirt’
- New Regency Lands ‘The Skies Belong To Us’ Based On Story Of Historic Hijacking