Comedy Central UK has acquired exclusive British broadcast rights to the Charlie Sheen-starring series Anger Management. The news comes a week after the series’s U.S. premiere on FX drew 5.47 million viewers, becoming cable’s most-watched primetime scripted comedy series premiere in total viewers and the adults 18-49 demo. The deal was reached with Lionsgate International, which is selling the show overseas and already has made deals in Canada, Latin America, Germany, Scandinavia, Benelux, Australia, New Zealand and Poland. It is one of two shows announced for the fall on Comedy Central UK, which already airs Sheen’s former series Two And A Half Men and fellow U.S. shows 30 Rock, South Park, The Office, Friends and The Daily Show With Jon Stewart. Anger Management is produced by Lionsgate Television in conjunction with Revolution Studios, Evolution Entertainment, Mohawk Productions and Estevez Sheen Productions.
Charlie Sheen's 'Anger Management' To Air On Comedy Central UK
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- MTV Greenlights Two Unscripted Series For 2015 – 'Broke A$$ Game Show' & 'Todrick'
- Bunim/Murray Opens NYC Office, 'Project Runway' Producer Bagshaw To Head Ops
- 'Hedwig' Producer David Binder Attaches To London Stage Fest
- Ben Bradlee Dead At 93, Washington Post Editor During Watergate Era — Update
- 'American Dad!' Moves to TBS; 2.5 Million Follow
- 'Law & Order: SVU' Tackles Sports And Domestic Violence