Comedy Central UK has acquired exclusive British broadcast rights to the Charlie Sheen-starring series Anger Management. The news comes a week after the series’s U.S. premiere on FX drew 5.47 million viewers, becoming cable’s most-watched primetime scripted comedy series premiere in total viewers and the adults 18-49 demo. The deal was reached with Lionsgate International, which is selling the show overseas and already has made deals in Canada, Latin America, Germany, Scandinavia, Benelux, Australia, New Zealand and Poland. It is one of two shows announced for the fall on Comedy Central UK, which already airs Sheen’s former series Two And A Half Men and fellow U.S. shows 30 Rock, South Park, The Office, Friends and The Daily Show With Jon Stewart. Anger Management is produced by Lionsgate Television in conjunction with Revolution Studios, Evolution Entertainment, Mohawk Productions and Estevez Sheen Productions.
Charlie Sheen's 'Anger Management' To Air On Comedy Central UK
Trending Now on Deadline
'Dancing With The Stars' Finale Ratings Hit 4-Season High, 'The Voice' Down, 'Flash' & 'Mindy Project' Even
More From Team
- Jon Lindstrom Joins 'True Detective'; Dan Buran Boards TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot
- 'Unfinished Business' Redband Trailer: Vince Vaughn And Company Invade Europe
- 'Late Late Show' Guest Hosts Include Drew Carey & Judd Apatow Ahead Of Corden Debut
- Richard Linklater To Receive Palm Springs Visionary Award For 'Boyhood'
- MPTF's Night Before Oscar Fundraiser Setting Up Shop On Fox Lot