For the record, Anderson Cooper finally decided to come out publicly about being gay. The CNN anchor and syndicated talk show host told the Daily Beast’s Andrew Sullivan via a letter to Sullivan that Sullivan posted on his blog this morning. “I have found that sometimes the less an interview subject knows about me, the better I can safely and effectively do my job as a journalist,” Cooper wrote, adding later that he decided to come out to show he never intended to give the impression he was hiding anything. He adds: “I’ve always believed that who a reporter votes for, what religion they are, who they love, should not be something they have to discuss publicly. As long as a journalist shows fairness and honesty in his or her work, their private life shouldn’t matter.”
Anderson Cooper Publicly Announces That He's Gay
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Film Arcade And Paramount Team On Romantic Comedy 'Love, Rosie'
- Pete Hammond's Telluride Q&A With Makers Of 'The Imitation Game' (Video)
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Remains In Serious Condition Following Thursday Cardiac Arrest
- UPDATE: Abrams Artists & 'Ghost Adventures' Producer End Commissions Dispute
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'