For the record, Anderson Cooper finally decided to come out publicly about being gay. The CNN anchor and syndicated talk show host told the Daily Beast’s Andrew Sullivan via a letter to Sullivan that Sullivan posted on his blog this morning. “I have found that sometimes the less an interview subject knows about me, the better I can safely and effectively do my job as a journalist,” Cooper wrote, adding later that he decided to come out to show he never intended to give the impression he was hiding anything. He adds: “I’ve always believed that who a reporter votes for, what religion they are, who they love, should not be something they have to discuss publicly. As long as a journalist shows fairness and honesty in his or her work, their private life shouldn’t matter.”
Anderson Cooper Publicly Announces That He's Gay
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Team
- David Muir Asks Obama If He Will Visit Cuba In ABC News Exclusive - Video
- Legendary Options Andrew Pyper's 'The Damned'
- Channing Tatum, Craig Zadan & Neil Meron Launch 'Team Oscar'
- Bryan Singer Sex Abuse Accuser Indicted For Fraud
- FilmBuff To Bow Matthew Gray Gubler & Kat Dennings Starrer 'Suburban Gothic'
- Shonda Rhimes To Receive WGA West's 2015 Paddy Chayefsky Laurel Award For TV