A&E Network is checking into Bates Motel without even ordering a pilot, it was announced today. The network is putting in a 10-episode order of the Alfred Hitchcock Psycho-inspired series from Universal Television, with a 2013 premiere planned. Carlton Cuse and Kerry Ehrin will serve as executive producers. Cuse wrote almost three dozen episodes of Lost and served as executive produce on the show. Ehrin was a writer and producer recently on Parenthood and Friday Night Lights. Roy Lee, John Middleton Jr, and producer Mark Wolper originally put Bates Motel together. As A&E announced earlier this year, the series goes into the story before Psycho. With a contemporary touch, Bates Motel looks at the twisted relationship between serial killer-to-be Norman Bates and his mother Norma.
A&E Network Orders Carlton Cuse Series 'Bates Motel' Direct To Series
What's Hot on Deadline
DC Digital Service To Launch With 'Titans' Series From Greg Berlanti & Akiva Goldsman And 'Young Justice: Outsiders'
Latest TV News
- ‘The Handmaid’s Tale’ Review: Elisabeth Moss-Led Adaptation Is Gripping, Chilling
- ‘Prison Break’ Revival Kills Off Major Character
- Stephen Colbert Likens Sean Spicer’s Press Briefings To Soap Opera ‘The Bold And The Babbling’
- Mark Consuelos Joins ‘Riverdale’ For Season 2; ‘Suits’ Casts Dulé Hill
- WGA Contract Talks Over For The Day, Will Resume Wednesday – Update
- Fox News Strike Back At “Copycat” Racial Discrimination Suits From Staff – Update