EXCLUSIVE: Abigail Breslin is set to be Julia Roberts’ daughter in August: Osage County. The Oscar nominee will play Jean Fordham, the 14-year old angry and acerbic pot smoking child of Roberts’ Barbara character in the family drama. Roberts and Meryl Streep have already been cast in the film as has, as Deadline reported, Juliette Lewis. Based on Tracy Letts’ Pulitzer- and Tony-winning play, August: Osage County chronicles several summer weeks in the life of a severely dysfunctional Oklahoma family and the crisis that gathers them back together. John Wells is directing and Letts is writing the adaptation of his play. George Clooney and Grant Heslov are producing along with Jean Doumanian and Steve Traxler. The Weinstein Co. is financing and distributing August: Osage County. Filming is scheduled to start in the fall in Oklahoma. Breslin will also appear in the big screen adaptation of the futuristic classic Ender’s Game next year, as well as in The Hive with Halle Berry and play the lead in the thriller Final Girl. Breslin is repped by ICM Partners and managed by Untitled Entertainment,
Abigail Breslin Heading To 'August: Osage County'
What's Hot on Deadline
Bruce Lee-Inspired Crime Drama ‘Warrior’ From Justin Lin & 'Banshee' Co-Creator Gets Cinemax Pilot Order
Latest Film News
- Participant Media Wins Auction For Rupert Wyatt’s ‘Captive State’
- Emma Stone Hopes ‘La La Land’ Will Inspire Young People To Ditch Cynicism – Venice
- Venice: 'La La Land' Dazzles Lido As Film Festival Kicks Off With A Twirl
- ‘La La Land’ Venice Review: A Gorgeous Musical Romance For This Age – And The Ages
- WME Vet Cliff Roberts Exiting; Will He End Up At CAA?
- Josh Hartnett In Talks To Star In Indie ‘A Moment To Remember’