ABC has pulled new improv comedy series Trust Us With Your Life after two weeks on the air. The series was hosted by Fred Willard, and the move comes two weeks after his arrest for lewd contact. Insiders insist that the two incidents are not related. Indeed, unlike PBS, which fired Willard as the as the voice of Market Warriors right after the alleged incident, ABC kept Trust Us on the air last week as scheduled. Willard himself tweeted about that, “I was not fired from “TUWYL,” so B sure 2 watch,” he wrote last Tuesday. But the controversy didn’t translate to a ratings bump, with Trust Me tumbling 33% from its anemic premiere to a 0.6/2 in adults 18-49 and less than 2 million viewers to become ABC’s lowest-rated telecast of the summer. The network will replace the remaining episodes of Trust Me with Wipeout repeats.
ABC Pulls Fred Willard-Hosted Improv Show 'Trust Us With Your Life' Off The Schedule
What's Hot on Deadline
Earth Will Feel The Power Of The Force Again: Disney's 'Rogue One' On Course For $280M-$350M Global Opening - Preview
'Moana' Pushes 'Office Christmas Party' Off Her Turf; 'La La Land' Hits High Notes - Early AM B.O. Update
'Spider-Man: Homecoming 2' Shoots Web Around Independence Day 2019; 'Bad Boys 4' Moves To Memorial Day
Donald Trump On Role In 'Celebrity Apprentice': "Zero Time" But "Big Stake"; Slams CNN As "Fake News"
Latest TV News
- ‘Breaking Bad’s Walter White For DEA, Says Baldwin-Free ‘SNL’ Cold Open
- Dwayne Johnson & Jimmy Fallon Reunite Military Family On ‘Tonight Show’; Real Tears Ensue
- New ‘Sherlock’ S4 Trailer: “What’s The Very Worst Thing You Can Do To Your Very Best Friends?”
- ‘Blue Bloods’ Ratings Top Night, ’20/20′ Falls, ‘Exorcist’ & ‘Crazy Ex’ Even
- Arrested ‘Silicon Valley’ Star T.J. Miller Keeps Critics’ Choice Hosting Gig
- Donald Trump On Role In ‘Celebrity Apprentice’: “Zero Time” But “Big Stake”; Slams CNN As “Fake News”…