ABC has pulled new improv comedy series Trust Us With Your Life after two weeks on the air. The series was hosted by Fred Willard, and the move comes two weeks after his arrest for lewd contact. Insiders insist that the two incidents are not related. Indeed, unlike PBS, which fired Willard as the as the voice of Market Warriors right after the alleged incident, ABC kept Trust Us on the air last week as scheduled. Willard himself tweeted about that, “I was not fired from “TUWYL,” so B sure 2 watch,” he wrote last Tuesday. But the controversy didn’t translate to a ratings bump, with Trust Me tumbling 33% from its anemic premiere to a 0.6/2 in adults 18-49 and less than 2 million viewers to become ABC’s lowest-rated telecast of the summer. The network will replace the remaining episodes of Trust Me with Wipeout repeats.
ABC Pulls Fred Willard-Hosted Improv Show 'Trust Us With Your Life' Off The Schedule
What's Hot on Deadline
Matt Groening Netflix Animated Comedy A Go With 20-Episode Order, Abbi Jacobson, Nat Faxon & Eric Andre Lead Voice Cast
'Feud' Lawsuit Feud Escalates As Fox Refutes Olivia de Havilland's Legal Move Against Ryan Murphy & FX - Update
David Letterman Talks The Changing Late-Night Landscape, His Talk Show Return On 'Norm Macdonald Live'
Latest TV News
- ‘America’s Got Talent’ Ratings Rise On Another Encore Heavy Tuesday
- Judge Throws Out Racial Bias Suit Against Time Warmer, CNN & TBS
- ‘Queen Sugar’ Renewed For Season 3 By OWN As Ava DuVernay Inks First-Look Deal With Oprah Winfrey’s Harpo…
- Dan Rather: Donald Trump’s Boy Scout Jamboree Speech “Disgusting”
- Stephen Colbert: Donald Trump Tells Boy Scouts Their Government Is Festering River Of Human Waste
- ‘Feud’ Lawsuit Feud Escalates As Fox Refutes Olivia de Havilland’s Legal Move Against Ryan Murphy & FX…