Produced by Kinetic Content, The Taste will be hosted by no-holds-barred chef Anthony Bourdain and British food star Nigella Lawson. Four culinary experts will each mentor a team of competing pro and amateur cooks as they vie to turn out the tastiest dish. The groups will face team and individual challenges through elimination rounds. ABC has ordered 8 episodes from Seven One International, the international sales arm of Red Arrow Entertainment Group which backs Santa Monica-based Kinetic. In June, the network posted a casting notice for the then-untitled show saying it was on a “nationwide search for all types of cooks from all backgrounds with range of cooking styles.” Bourdain is also readying a new weekend program for CNN that he’ll host in 2013.
ABC Orders Cooking Competition 'The Taste' With Anthony Bourdain And Nigella Lawson
What's Hot on Deadline
Red Nose Day Actually: 'Love Actually' Short-Film Sequel With Hugh Grant, Keira Knightley, Bill Nighy & More
Latest TV News
- Donald Trump Son-In Law Jared Kushner Discussed Secret Communication Channel With Russia: Report
- Stephen Colbert Explains How Donald Trump Alpha-Dogged His Way Through NATO Summit
- ‘The Simpsons’: Donald Trump Gets A Thank-You From Richard Nixon’s Ghost
- Viacom’s Great Program Migration: Guide To Which Show Moved Where
- MSNBC President Phil Griffin Signs New Deal; Whither Goest Lawrence O’Donnell?
- ‘The 100’ Ups Tasya Teles To Regular; ‘Supergirl’s Floriana Lima To Return As Recurring