Martin Weiss is the Hollywood talent manager whose company repped child actors that had landed roles on such series as Nickelodeon’s iCarly and Disney’s Good Luck Charlie as well as on network shows and movies. Today in Van Nuys, CA he pleaded no contest during a pretrail hearing to two charges of oral copulation with a child under the age of 14. He was sentenced to a year in jail and five years probation; the sentence was suspended for time served, and he will be released today. Weiss must register as a sex offender and enter a treatment program. and he is not permitted to be in the presence of anyone under 18 without another adult present. Weiss was arrested last November after the victim and former client told police in an affidavit he was sexually assaulted by Weiss 30-40 times over a three-year period when the boy was 11 or 12 years old. Police searched his apartment at the time of Weiss’ arrest and set bail at triple the normal amount because they suspected there could be more victims. Weiss dissolved his company soon after.
Youth Talent Manager Martin Weiss Pleads No Contest, Sentenced In Molestation Case
What's Hot on Deadline
DC Digital Service To Launch With 'Titans' Series From Greg Berlanti & Akiva Goldsman And 'Young Justice: Outsiders'
Latest Film News
- ‘Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales’ To World Premiere In Shanghai
- Deadline Studio at Tribeca 2017 – Day 5 – Milo Ventimiglia, Cobie Smulders, Justin Long, Martin Landau & More
- Jeff Goldblum Books Trip To ‘Jurassic World’ Sequel
- WGA Contract Talks Over For The Day, Will Resume Wednesday – Update
- Universal’s ‘Half To Death’ & ‘The Snowman’ Swap Slots; ‘Insidious: Chapter 4’ Moves Off 2017 Schedule…
- Netflix Picks Up Alfre Woodard-Starring Drama ‘Juanita’