EXCLUSIVE: Writer-comedian Harris Wittels has signed a two-year overall deal with Universal TV. Under the pact, he will be upped to supervising producer on the studio’s NBC comedy series Parks & Recreation, on which he has been since Season 1, working as a writer and occasional guest star playing Harris, the Animal Control guy, in a handful of episodes. Additionally, Wittels will develop new projects for the studio, with 3 Arts attached to produce. Wittels, who got his break as a writer when Sarah Silverman saw him perform standup in 2006 and gave him a writing job on her Comedy Central series, has several projects in the works. He is writing a comedy for HBO with Scott Rudin and Mike White producing, co-writing with Armen Weitzmana a feature for Rudin and writing another feature, Big Time, at Universal with Aziz Ansari attached to star. Additionally, Wittels, repped by CAA, 3 Arts and attorney Jared Levine, is writing a book based off his Twitter feed Humblebrag, which is being published by Grand Central and set for a fall release.
Writer Harris Wittels Inks Overall Deal With Universal TV, Will Continue On 'Parks & Rec'
What's Hot on Deadline
Tom Rothman Takes A Shot At Netflix As He Reveals The "New Sony"; Plus 'Spiderman' Interview - CinemaCon
Sony CinemaCon Presentation: 'Spider-Man: Homecoming', 'Blade Runner 2049', 'Dark Tower', 'Emoji Movie' & More - Live
Latest TV News
- ‘Humans’ Renewed For Season 3 By AMC
- WGA West's Board Votes To Send Strike-Authorization Ballots To Members
- Stephen Colbert: Donald Trump Puts Jared Kushner In Charge Of Bureau Of Obvious Nepotism
- ‘Spaced Out’: Matt Shively & Christine Woods To Topline NBC Comedy Pilot
- Harry Connick Jr. Talk Show Renewed For Season 2
- ‘Fargo’ Season 3 Extended Trailer: “The Gloves Are Off Now” – You Betcha