EXCLUSIVE: Writer-comedian Harris Wittels has signed a two-year overall deal with Universal TV. Under the pact, he will be upped to supervising producer on the studio’s NBC comedy series Parks & Recreation, on which he has been since Season 1, working as a writer and occasional guest star playing Harris, the Animal Control guy, in a handful of episodes. Additionally, Wittels will develop new projects for the studio, with 3 Arts attached to produce. Wittels, who got his break as a writer when Sarah Silverman saw him perform standup in 2006 and gave him a writing job on her Comedy Central series, has several projects in the works. He is writing a comedy for HBO with Scott Rudin and Mike White producing, co-writing with Armen Weitzmana a feature for Rudin and writing another feature, Big Time, at Universal with Aziz Ansari attached to star. Additionally, Wittels, repped by CAA, 3 Arts and attorney Jared Levine, is writing a book based off his Twitter feed Humblebrag, which is being published by Grand Central and set for a fall release.
Writer Harris Wittels Inks Overall Deal With Universal TV, Will Continue On 'Parks & Rec'
What's Hot on Deadline
Divorce Comedy With Royal Family Twist From Meghan Markle's Ex-Husband Trevor Engelson Set At Fox With Big Commitment
Latest TV News
- Divorce Comedy With Royal Family Twist From Meghan Markle’s Ex-Husband Trevor Engelson Set At Fox With Big Commitment
- ‘Fast N’ Loud’ Gets Season 5 Premiere Date & New Promo
- ‘Chicago P.D.’ USA Network & Oxygen Acquire Off-Network Rights To NBC Series
- Bill Clinton & James Patterson’s Novel 'The President Is Missing' Lands At Showtime For TV Series Adaptation
- ‘Carnival Row’: David Gyasi, Karla Crome, Indira Varma & Tamzin Merchant Join Amazon’s Fantasy…
- Rob Reiner Confuses Tucker Carlson Over Russia Investigation; Fox Host Slams Hollywood’s Embrace Of China