EXCLUSIVE: Writer-comedian Harris Wittels has signed a two-year overall deal with Universal TV. Under the pact, he will be upped to supervising producer on the studio’s NBC comedy series Parks & Recreation, on which he has been since Season 1, working as a writer and occasional guest star playing Harris, the Animal Control guy, in a handful of episodes. Additionally, Wittels will develop new projects for the studio, with 3 Arts attached to produce. Wittels, who got his break as a writer when Sarah Silverman saw him perform standup in 2006 and gave him a writing job on her Comedy Central series, has several projects in the works. He is writing a comedy for HBO with Scott Rudin and Mike White producing, co-writing with Armen Weitzmana a feature for Rudin and writing another feature, Big Time, at Universal with Aziz Ansari attached to star. Additionally, Wittels, repped by CAA, 3 Arts and attorney Jared Levine, is writing a book based off his Twitter feed Humblebrag, which is being published by Grand Central and set for a fall release.
Writer Harris Wittels Inks Overall Deal With Universal TV, Will Continue On 'Parks & Rec'
What's Hot on Deadline
How 'Pirates' & 'Baywatch' Are Casualties Of Summer Franchise Fatigue At The Domestic B.O. — Sunday AM
Cannes: 'The Square' Takes Palme D'Or; Sofia Coppola Best Director; Acting Honors For Joaquin Phoenix & Diane Kruger
How Lynne Ramsay Got Over 'Jane Got A Gun' & Embraced Joaquin Phoenix Noir 'You Were Never Really Here' - Cannes
Latest TV News
- Donald Trump Comes Home, Fires Up Twitter, Rips Media & New Normal Resumes
- With ‘Empire’ And ‘Star,’ Lee Daniels Continues To Tell The Untold Stories Of The Marginalized…
- A-Rod Signs With ABC News, Expanding TV Presence Beyond Sports
- Ryan Murphy On The Risk And Reward Of Setting His Own Path – Deadline Disruptors
- Donald Trump Gets ‘Bachelor’ Bashed By California Lt. Governor Over Paris Accord
- Zbigniew Brzezinski Dies: Jimmy Carter’s National Security Adviser & MSNBC Host Mika Brzezinski’s Father…