EXCLUSIVE: Writer-comedian Harris Wittels has signed a two-year overall deal with Universal TV. Under the pact, he will be upped to supervising producer on the studio’s NBC comedy series Parks & Recreation, on which he has been since Season 1, working as a writer and occasional guest star playing Harris, the Animal Control guy, in a handful of episodes. Additionally, Wittels will develop new projects for the studio, with 3 Arts attached to produce. Wittels, who got his break as a writer when Sarah Silverman saw him perform standup in 2006 and gave him a writing job on her Comedy Central series, has several projects in the works. He is writing a comedy for HBO with Scott Rudin and Mike White producing, co-writing with Armen Weitzmana a feature for Rudin and writing another feature, Big Time, at Universal with Aziz Ansari attached to star. Additionally, Wittels, repped by CAA, 3 Arts and attorney Jared Levine, is writing a book based off his Twitter feed Humblebrag, which is being published by Grand Central and set for a fall release.
Writer Harris Wittels Inks Overall Deal With Universal TV, Will Continue On 'Parks & Rec'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: 2nd Best Sunday $60M+; 3-Day $201M+; 4-Day To Shred 'Jurassic World' & Possibly 'Last Jedi'
Olympic Curling Medalist From Russia Busted For Doping; Wardrobe Malfunction Leaves French Ice Dancer Exposed
Roy Wood Jr. To Star In Parole Officer Comedy From Trevor Noah & Aaron McGruder In Works At Comedy Central
Latest TV News
- ‘Luther’, ‘Mistresses’ & ‘Life On Mars’ Getting Korean Remakes – BBC Showcase
- Fox News Launching Standalone Subscription Service Fox Nation
- SAG-AFTRA Closes “Wigging” Probe, Says It “Remains Committed” To Ending Practice Of Men Doubling…
- Fergie Apologizes For NBA All-Star Game National Anthem That “Didn’t Strike The Intended Tone”
- Donald Trump Will Attend This Year’s Gridiron Dinner; Still A “Maybe” On White House Correspondents…
- David Parfitt Accuses Harvey Weinstein Of Assaulting Him On ‘My Week With Marilyn’