The co-lead of the Ed Zwick-directed The Great Wall is between True Blood‘s Alexander Skarsgard and Benjamin Walker, who stars in the upcoming Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter. The Legendary Pictures film already has Man of Steel’s Henry Cavill set to star in an adventure film about British warriors traveling through 15th Century China and happen upon the hurried construction of the massive wall. As night falls, the warriors realize that the haste in building the wall isn’t just to keep out the Mongols. There is something inhuman and more dangerous. The picture, based on an idea by Legendary CEO Thomas Tull and Max Brooks, is being made through the Hong Kong-based Legendary East.
Will Alexander Skarsgard Or Benjamin Walker Scale 'The Great Wall?'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Captain America: Civil War' Grabs $200.4M In Debut; 'Jungle Book' A Beast, And With 'Zootopia' Disney Has $1.24B From Three Titles - Int'l Box Office Final
Larry Wilmore Savages Media, Ignites Controversy During White House Correspondents' Dinner Skewering
Latest Film News
- Tracy Scott Dies: Veteran Script Supervisor On Four Best Picture Oscar Nominees Was 46
- Patti Davis Novel ‘The Earth Breaks In Colors’ To Be Adapted As Movie By ‘Mr. Church’ Writer
- ‘Bad Moms’ Red Band Trailer: Team Mila Kunis Vs. Christina Applegate In Maternal Death Match
- Studio 54 Docu In Works From ‘Valentino’ Helmer & ‘Listen To Me Marlon’ Producer
- Blumhouse.com Launching Podcast Network With ‘Shock Waves’ From ‘Killer POV’ Team
- Sony’s Stage 6 Films Acquires Worldwide Rights To Vera Farmiga-Christopher Plummer Road Trip Pic ‘Boundaries’