In a rare occurrence for an American exec — even one with dual U.S./UK citizenship — Josh Berger was named Commander of the Order of the British Empire this weekend on the annual Queen’s Birthday Honours list. The Warner Bros Entertainment UK president and managing director was appointed CBE for his services to the creative industries. All of the Harry Potter movies were made during his tenure, and Warner just opened a £100M+ studio facility outside London. A 23-year Warner vet, London-based Berger is responsible for Warner’s UK business activities, including Warner Bros Pictures, Warner Home Video, Warner Bros International Television Distribution, Warner Bros Interactive Entertainment, Warner Bros Digital Distribution and Warner Bros Consumer Products. Among other Americans to hold the title, Harvey Weinstein became an honorary CBE in 2004.
Warner Bros UK's Josh Berger To Receive CBE Honor From The Queen
What's Hot on Deadline
Fox Knew About Bill O'Reilly's Big Sexual Harassment Settlement When They Renewed His Contract - Update
Latest Film News
- Josh Brolin Opens Up About Death Of ‘Deadpool 2’ Stuntwoman Joi “SJ” Harris
- Sex Abuse Silence Is Over, But Even The Academy Is Entitled To A Defense
- ‘Straight Outta Compton’ Director Received Multiple Threats From Suge Knight, Court Records Claim
- ‘Boo 2! A Madea Halloween’ Reaps $21M+ During October Dumping Ground At The B.O.
- Harvey Weinstein Has “Different Recollection” Of Events In Lupita Nyong’o Op-Ed
- APA Agent Tyler Grasham Fired From Agency Following Sexual Assault Allegations