EXCLUSIVE: I’m hearing that Warner Bros is pumping the brakes on The Thin Man, the remake that Johnny Depp plans to star in for director Rob Marshall. The film hadn’t been green lit yet, and they hadn’t got to the point where they set an actress to play Nora to Depp’s Nick. But I’ve heard that Marshall will likely move on and direct Into The Woods as his next film at Disney. Marshall has also been working on that film for some time. A budget for The Thin Man was just submitted, and I’m told there isn’t a big rush here because Depp wants to take some time between films. But Warner Bros can’t have been too happy with the performance of Dark Shadows, another quirky remake of a period piece with Depp. The studio hasn’t been shy about pulling back on films like Arthur & Lancelot and Akira over budget and redeveloping them for cost. Word is that this budget came in north of $100 million, and that it was a factor. The original plan was to start production in late November, but that will change as Marshall eyes Into the Woods next and The Thin Man after. WB tells me the film wasn’t green lit and the studio denies there is any drama going on.
Warner Bros Pumping The Brakes On 'The Thin Man' Remake?
What's Hot on Deadline
'Westworld' Team On The Series' Super-Engaged Fan Base, Music Hints & Being Part Of The Solution - PaleyFest
Latest Film News
- Family-Branded Films On Fire At The B.O.: ‘Beauty And The Beast’ Embraces $89M+; ‘Power Rangers’ Mighty…
- Dan Aykroyd, Griffin Dunne Remember Carrie & Debbie, “Beloved Showboats”
- Watch Public Memorial For Debbie Reynolds & Carrie Fisher Livestreamed Here – Update
- Richard A. Roth Dies: ‘Summer Of ’42’ Producer Was 76
- ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’ Posters: Tom Holland Slings Through New York
- ‘Queen of the Desert’ Trailer: Nicole Kidman Defies An Empire