Computer-generated and hand-drawn animation come together in Walt Disney Animation Studios’ short Paperman which the studio confirmed will debut in front of the arcade-hopping adventure Wreck-It-Ralph that opens November 2. The minimalist black-and-white short also screens Sunday with the family friendly indie Crazy & Thief as part of the short films lineup at the Los Angeles Film Festival. Paperman is directed by John Kahrs. It follows the story of a lonely young man in mid-century New York City whose destiny takes an unexpected turn after a chance meeting with a beautiful woman during his morning commute. Convinced the girl of his dreams is gone forever, he gets a second chance when he spots her in a skyscraper window across the avenue from his office.
B&W ‘Paperman’ To Front ‘Wreck-It-Ralph’
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- 'Bone Tomahawk' Adds Five To Cast; Kristina Lauren Anderson To Adapt YA Novel 'Invisibility'
- TV Academy's Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen From Hall Of Fame Plaza
- SoftBank Eyes Stake In Legendary Pictures As DreamWorks Animation Talks Cool
- 'Inherent Vice' Trailer: Joaquin Phoenix Stars In Paul Thomas Anderson's Latest
- Naomi Campbell To Recur On Fox's 'Empire'; Tina Casciani Joins CW's 'Jane The Virgin'
- Fox Searchlight Promotes Ray Strache To SVP Acquisitions & Co-Productions