Computer-generated and hand-drawn animation come together in Walt Disney Animation Studios’ short Paperman which the studio confirmed will debut in front of the arcade-hopping adventure Wreck-It-Ralph that opens November 2. The minimalist black-and-white short also screens Sunday with the family friendly indie Crazy & Thief as part of the short films lineup at the Los Angeles Film Festival. Paperman is directed by John Kahrs. It follows the story of a lonely young man in mid-century New York City whose destiny takes an unexpected turn after a chance meeting with a beautiful woman during his morning commute. Convinced the girl of his dreams is gone forever, he gets a second chance when he spots her in a skyscraper window across the avenue from his office.
B&W ‘Paperman’ To Front ‘Wreck-It-Ralph’
Trending Now on Deadline
'Dancing With The Stars' Finale Ratings Hit 4-Season High, 'The Voice' Down, 'Flash' & 'Mindy Project' Even
More From Team
- Jon Lindstrom Joins 'True Detective'; Dan Buran Boards TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot
- 'Unfinished Business' Redband Trailer: Vince Vaughn And Company Invade Europe
- 'Late Late Show' Guest Hosts Include Drew Carey & Judd Apatow Ahead Of Corden Debut
- Richard Linklater To Receive Palm Springs Visionary Award For 'Boyhood'
- MPTF's Night Before Oscar Fundraiser Setting Up Shop On Fox Lot
- Matt Barr Joins TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot; Katie Sarife In 'The Michelle Knight Story'