EXCLUSIVE: Sarah Wayne Callies has signed on for the untitled Steve Quale tornado thriller at New Line. The Walking Dead actress will play the character of “Allison Stone” in the found-footage natural disaster film. Callies is not leaving Walking Dead, but instead will juggle the AMC series and the movie. Directed by Quale, (Final Destination 5 and second unit director on Avatar), the film was formerly known as Category 6. John Swetnam wrote the screenplay. Todd Garner is producing. Alycia Debnam-Carey also recently joined the film, which follows a group of high school teens dealing with the aftermath of a devastating tornado, as one of the female leads. Sarah Wayne Callies is repped by Paradigm with the firm of Sloane, Offer, Weber & Dern as her attorneys.
'Walking Dead’s' Sarah Wayne Callies Joins Steve Quale Tornado Film
What's Hot on Deadline
M Night Shyamalan Unveils 'Glass': 'Unbreakable' & 'Split' Sequel To Star Bruce Willis, Samuel L Jackson, James McAvoy
Bravo Unveils Unscripted Slate With 6 New & 18 Returning Series; More 'Real Housewives' & 'Vanderpump Rules'
Latest Film News
- Sony’s Pictures Division Reports Loss Of $719M; Company’s Overall Net Profit Takes 50% Hit
- ‘Firestarter’: Stephen King Classic Reignites With Universal, Blumhouse & Akiva Goldsman Directing
- Tribeca Film Festival Winners: ‘Keep The Change’, ‘Bobbi Jene’ Tops
- Broad Green Pictures Hires Four Execs In Marketing & Legal Departments
- ‘Little Prince’s Mark Osborne & Scribe Adam Kline Link With Fox Animation For Two New Projects
- ‘3 Generations’: Weinstein Co. & MPAA Agree On PG-13 Rating, With GLAAD’s Backing & Some Cuts