EXCLUSIVE: Sarah Wayne Callies has signed on for the untitled Steve Quale tornado thriller at New Line. The Walking Dead actress will play the character of “Allison Stone” in the found-footage natural disaster film. Callies is not leaving Walking Dead, but instead will juggle the AMC series and the movie. Directed by Quale, (Final Destination 5 and second unit director on Avatar), the film was formerly known as Category 6. John Swetnam wrote the screenplay. Todd Garner is producing. Alycia Debnam-Carey also recently joined the film, which follows a group of high school teens dealing with the aftermath of a devastating tornado, as one of the female leads. Sarah Wayne Callies is repped by Paradigm with the firm of Sloane, Offer, Weber & Dern as her attorneys.
'Walking Dead’s' Sarah Wayne Callies Joins Steve Quale Tornado Film
What's Hot on Deadline
'Beauty And The Beast' Nears $700M WW; 'Kong' Has Mighty $72M China Bow, Tops $250M Offshore - International Box Office
'American Horror Story' At Paley Fest: Is Sarah Paulson's Supreme 'Coven' Character Returning In Season 7?
Family-Branded Films On Fire: 'Beauty And The Beast' Headed To $90M+; 'Power Rangers' Mighty With $40M+
Latest Film News
- Jim Gianopulos Takes Reins Of Paramount As Chairman & CEO
- MGM & Annapurna Seal Multi-Year Movie Distribution Deal
- Fox Lands Pharrell Williams-Inspired Musical Movie Pitch
- Huayi Brothers CEO Eyes Expansion Of STX Entertainment Relationship
- ‘Beauty And The Beast’ Nears $700M WW; ‘Kong’ Has Mighty $72M China Bow, Tops $250M Offshore – International…
- Family-Branded Films On Fire: ‘Beauty And The Beast’ Headed To $90M+; ‘Power Rangers’ Mighty…