Under a new sales and distribution deal, Universal Pictures International Italy will handle theatrical distribution of producer Aurelio De Laurentiis’ films. The deal starts with Colpi Di Fulmine in December. The comedy is a reteam for De Laurentiis and director Neri Parenti who’ve worked together on the long-running series of Natale (Christmas) movies. De Laurentiis’ recent producing credits include 2011 hits Vacanze Di Natale A Cortina and Ages Of Love, with Robert De Niro and Monica Bellucci. Despite difficulties in the Italian business, year-on-year box office is on the rise with local comedies performing well including Bienvenuti Al Nord, the Italian remake of Pathé’s Welcome To The Sticks and Filmauro’s Posti In Piedi In Paradiso at the top of the charts.
UPI Italy In Three-Year Output Deal With Aurelio De Laurentiis' Filmauro
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- Scottish Independence Vote: If The Ayes Have It, What Happens For Film & TV Biz?
- ITV Closes Curtain On 'Rising Star'; UK Version Will Not Go Forward
- Global Showbiz Briefs: Rome Film Festival Reveals First 5 English-Language Titles; Soda Pictures Bringing 'Phoenix' To UK; More
- 'Help! I Can't Cook' Serves Up Record Debut In Israel; Is Keshet In The Sweet Spot Again?
- China: Understanding & Respect Key To Massive Market, But Does Anybody Know Anything?
- Global Showbiz Briefs: BBC's Hugh Bonneville Starrer 'W1A' Back For Season 2; Denmark's TDC Group Paying $2.15B For Norwegian…