Under a new sales and distribution deal, Universal Pictures International Italy will handle theatrical distribution of producer Aurelio De Laurentiis’ films. The deal starts with Colpi Di Fulmine in December. The comedy is a reteam for De Laurentiis and director Neri Parenti who’ve worked together on the long-running series of Natale (Christmas) movies. De Laurentiis’ recent producing credits include 2011 hits Vacanze Di Natale A Cortina and Ages Of Love, with Robert De Niro and Monica Bellucci. Despite difficulties in the Italian business, year-on-year box office is on the rise with local comedies performing well including Bienvenuti Al Nord, the Italian remake of Pathé’s Welcome To The Sticks and Filmauro’s Posti In Piedi In Paradiso at the top of the charts.
UPI Italy In Three-Year Output Deal With Aurelio De Laurentiis' Filmauro
What's Hot on Deadline
'Creed' Sets Tuesday Preview Record As Thanksgiving B.O. Heats Up, 'The Good Dinosaur' Isn't Far Behind
Latest International News
- ‘Star Wars’ An Art House Movie? Some French Exhibs Think So, Stoking Indie Producers’ Ire
- Archery Pictures Rolls With Fiona Cummins’ Hot Book ‘Rattle’
- The Sony Hack One Year Later: Just Who Are The Guardians Of Peace?
- 'The Martian' Closing In On $500M Global: How Fox Marketers Brought Ridley Scott’s Cool Science To The Masses
- ‘Spanish Affairs 2’ Is Latest In Euro Culture-Clash Smashes, So Why No Hwd Remakes? – Intl B.O. Postmortem
- Chiwetel Ejiofor To Receive BIFA’s Richard Harris Award