Under a new sales and distribution deal, Universal Pictures International Italy will handle theatrical distribution of producer Aurelio De Laurentiis’ films. The deal starts with Colpi Di Fulmine in December. The comedy is a reteam for De Laurentiis and director Neri Parenti who’ve worked together on the long-running series of Natale (Christmas) movies. De Laurentiis’ recent producing credits include 2011 hits Vacanze Di Natale A Cortina and Ages Of Love, with Robert De Niro and Monica Bellucci. Despite difficulties in the Italian business, year-on-year box office is on the rise with local comedies performing well including Bienvenuti Al Nord, the Italian remake of Pathé’s Welcome To The Sticks and Filmauro’s Posti In Piedi In Paradiso at the top of the charts.
UPI Italy In Three-Year Output Deal With Aurelio De Laurentiis' Filmauro
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland,' 'Pitch Perfect' Compete As 'Mad Max' Holds Strong; 'Ultron' To Cross $400M - Box Office Friday
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Jurassic World' Tracking Like 'Man Of Steel' - But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In Summer 2015?
Latest International News
- Studiocanal & Switzerland’s Impuls Enter Output Deal – Cannes
- Directors’ Fortnight Winners: ‘My Golden Days’, ‘Mustang’, ‘Serpent’ – Cannes
- Giuseppe Tornatore Composing Ennio Morricone Documentary – Cannes
- Meryl Streep & Hugh Grant In ‘Florence Foster Jenkins’ – First-Look Photo
- Cohen Media Group Acquires Cannes Opening Night Film ‘Standing Tall’
- amfAR Raises €30M At Glittery Cannes Gala; Harvey Weinstein Salutes France