Under a new sales and distribution deal, Universal Pictures International Italy will handle theatrical distribution of producer Aurelio De Laurentiis’ films. The deal starts with Colpi Di Fulmine in December. The comedy is a reteam for De Laurentiis and director Neri Parenti who’ve worked together on the long-running series of Natale (Christmas) movies. De Laurentiis’ recent producing credits include 2011 hits Vacanze Di Natale A Cortina and Ages Of Love, with Robert De Niro and Monica Bellucci. Despite difficulties in the Italian business, year-on-year box office is on the rise with local comedies performing well including Bienvenuti Al Nord, the Italian remake of Pathé’s Welcome To The Sticks and Filmauro’s Posti In Piedi In Paradiso at the top of the charts.
UPI Italy In Three-Year Output Deal With Aurelio De Laurentiis' Filmauro
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- Kristin Scott Thomas Crowned Queen For New West End Run Of 'The Audience'
- Sony Posts Wider Q2 Loss, Beats Estimates On Strong PlayStation4 Sales
- Bette Midler Wings Way To First UK TV Special; ITV To Feature Songs & Sit-Down
- Alex Garland's 'Ex Machina' Gives New Life To Artificial Intelligence: Hot Trailer
- Undaunted, Hong Kong Stars Court China Ire With Occupy Central Support