BREAKING: Longtime Universal Pictures vice chairman and COO Rick Finkelstein will be transitioning out of that role as he heads for retirement in two years. He’ll work on special projects, with Ron Meyer, until he exits the studio upon retiring. Finkelstein, a 35-year vet who has spent the last 13 years at Universal, has held the vice chairman role since 2006, and in 2009 was given an enhanced advisory role when Adam Fogelson was appointed chairman and Donna Langley co-chairman. He has been responsible for overseeing worldwide home entertainment, TV and digital distribution and strategic alliances. Fogelson is beginning to search for a successor for Finkelstein, looking for execs with a variety of skill sets. Finkelstein stays in his role until they find someone to perform the functions of his post. It’s unclear if the new hire will get that vice chair/COO title.
Universal Vice Chairman & COO Rick Finkelstein Transitions Toward Retirement
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Hot Red Band Trailer: 'Nightcrawler'
- Warner Bros To Remake 'Who Am I'; Pic Is German Box Office Sensation
- Jesse Eisenberg's Lex Luthor Joining DC Comics Pic 'Suicide Squad'?
- 'Act Of Killing' Helmer Joshua Oppenheimer Signs With UTA
- Sebastian Stan Joins 'The Martian' And 'Ricki And The Flash'
- Chiwetel Ejiofor Lands On 'The Martian'