Endemol Studios has signed a deal with French fiction producers Tetra Media Studio and Macondo to adapt the French political-themed, character-driven hit series Les Hommes De L’Ombre for U.S. television. Les Hommes De L’Ombre was created by Dan Frank (co-writer of Carlos), Frédéric Tellier, Charline de Lépine, Emmanuel Daucé and stars Nathalie Baye, Bruno Wolkowich and Gregory Fitoussi. The political thriller pulls the audience into the center of a tension-filled campaign between two political communications advisors who will do anything to see their candidate win. The acquisition builds further momentum for Endemol with the recent primetime series pick up for Red Widow at ABC and a pilot order for Low Winter Sun at AMC – both Endemol-scripted adaptations. Les Hommes De L’Ombre will be adapted for the U.S. by Endemol Studios under the working title Kingmakers.
U.S.-Based Endemol Studios Acquires First Third-Party Scripted Format 'Les Hommes De L'Ombre'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Madea' Scares Off 'Jack Reacher' For No. 1 As Saturday Battle Brews; 'Joneses' Opening Lower Than 'Masterminds' - Sat. AM Update
Leonardo DiCaprio To Play Music Pioneer Sam Phillips; Launched Elvis, Howlin' Wolf, Johnny Cash & Jerry Lee Lewis
Latest TV News
- Steve Dillion Dies: Comic Artist And ‘Preacher’ Co-Creator Was 54
- ‘Vampire Diaries’ Ratings Down In Final Premiere, ‘Exorcist’ Up, ‘MacGyver’ Even
- Report: AT&T Reaches $80B+ Deal To Acquire Time Warner; Announcement Could Come As Early As Tonight
- Donald Trump Would Nix AT&T’s $85B Acquisition Of Time Warner; Says Such Deals “Destroy Democracy”
- Kevin Meaney Dies: Veteran Comic And Actor Was 60
- Ex-State Sen. Ron Calderon Sentenced In Film Incentives Bribe Case