Endemol Studios has signed a deal with French fiction producers Tetra Media Studio and Macondo to adapt the French political-themed, character-driven hit series Les Hommes De L’Ombre for U.S. television. Les Hommes De L’Ombre was created by Dan Frank (co-writer of Carlos), Frédéric Tellier, Charline de Lépine, Emmanuel Daucé and stars Nathalie Baye, Bruno Wolkowich and Gregory Fitoussi. The political thriller pulls the audience into the center of a tension-filled campaign between two political communications advisors who will do anything to see their candidate win. The acquisition builds further momentum for Endemol with the recent primetime series pick up for Red Widow at ABC and a pilot order for Low Winter Sun at AMC – both Endemol-scripted adaptations. Les Hommes De L’Ombre will be adapted for the U.S. by Endemol Studios under the working title Kingmakers.
U.S.-Based Endemol Studios Acquires First Third-Party Scripted Format 'Les Hommes De L'Ombre'
What's Hot on Deadline
Nicholas Hoult, Luke Evans & Henry Cavill Suit Up For War Drama ‘Sand Castle’; Mark Gordon Co, Treehouse Producing
Latest TV News
- ABC Buys Paul Lieberstein Legal Dramedy
- Ernie Hudson Joins Epix Comedy Series ‘Graves’; Ari Graynor In Showtime’s ‘I’m Dying Up Here…
- ‘Jay Leno’s Garage’ Opens And 916K Watch On CNBC
- NBC Developing Dramedy Inspired By Former Texas Senator Wendy Davis
- Vin Scully To Miss Dodgers Postseason After Medical Procedure
- Trevor Noah First Week Hosting ‘The Daily Show’: 1.02M Viewers