Endemol Studios has signed a deal with French fiction producers Tetra Media Studio and Macondo to adapt the French political-themed, character-driven hit series Les Hommes De L’Ombre for U.S. television. Les Hommes De L’Ombre was created by Dan Frank (co-writer of Carlos), Frédéric Tellier, Charline de Lépine, Emmanuel Daucé and stars Nathalie Baye, Bruno Wolkowich and Gregory Fitoussi. The political thriller pulls the audience into the center of a tension-filled campaign between two political communications advisors who will do anything to see their candidate win. The acquisition builds further momentum for Endemol with the recent primetime series pick up for Red Widow at ABC and a pilot order for Low Winter Sun at AMC – both Endemol-scripted adaptations. Les Hommes De L’Ombre will be adapted for the U.S. by Endemol Studios under the working title Kingmakers.
U.S.-Based Endemol Studios Acquires First Third-Party Scripted Format 'Les Hommes De L'Ombre'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- R.I.P. Music Executive & Producer David Anderle
- History's 'Houdini' Locks Up 3.7M On First Night; 'Saved By The Bell' Pic Soft
- HBO Miniseries 'Show Me A Hero' Adds Cast
- CeeLo Green's 'The Good Life' Gets Ax From TBS
- Venice: Grindstone Acquires Modern-Day 'Cymbeline' With Ethan Hawke & Ed Harris
- HBO Ups Sara Bernstein & Jacqueline Glover To SVP Documentary Films