Endemol Studios has signed a deal with French fiction producers Tetra Media Studio and Macondo to adapt the French political-themed, character-driven hit series Les Hommes De L’Ombre for U.S. television. Les Hommes De L’Ombre was created by Dan Frank (co-writer of Carlos), Frédéric Tellier, Charline de Lépine, Emmanuel Daucé and stars Nathalie Baye, Bruno Wolkowich and Gregory Fitoussi. The political thriller pulls the audience into the center of a tension-filled campaign between two political communications advisors who will do anything to see their candidate win. The acquisition builds further momentum for Endemol with the recent primetime series pick up for Red Widow at ABC and a pilot order for Low Winter Sun at AMC – both Endemol-scripted adaptations. Les Hommes De L’Ombre will be adapted for the U.S. by Endemol Studios under the working title Kingmakers.
U.S.-Based Endemol Studios Acquires First Third-Party Scripted Format 'Les Hommes De L'Ombre'
What's Hot on Deadline
'X-Men: Apocalypse' Dawns With $101.5M; 'Angry Birds' Sings With $55.5M, 'Zootopia' #4 Animated Pic Ever Worldwide - Intl Box Office Final
‘The Man In The High Castle’ EP Frank Spotnitz Addresses Stepping Down As Showrunner From Amazon Series
Latest TV News
- CBS To Sweep TV Season As Networks Kick Around Super Bowl Impact
- Paul Shaffer Signs With Don Buchwald & Associates
- Chiwetel Ejiofor, Tony Hale, Margot Robbie & More Join NBC’s ‘Red Nose Day Special’
- ITV Studios America Taps Michael Azzolino As EVP Creative Affairs
- Bill Cosby To Face Trial Over 2004 Alleged Rape, Judge Rules
- ‘The Bachelorette’ Solid In Return, All Season Finale Ratings Down Vs. Last Year