UTA TV literary agent Elise Henderson is leaving the agency for a job as head of the television division of Nicholas Sparks Productions. Sparks, who is a UTA client, and his publishing agent and creative partner Theresa Park launched the company in April with a two-year, first-look deal at Warner Horizon Television. Henderson will oversee all development of series and other TV projects based on Sparks’ novels. “We are absolutely thrilled by Elise’s decision to shepherd our brand-new television venture,” Sparks said. “Her energy, skills and wide-ranging industry relationships are already yielding incredible opportunities for NSP in the world of television.” Henderson joined the TV lit department of UTA in 2009. Before that she was a rising TV agent at William Morris Agency but was caught in the wave of layoffs following the WMA-Endeavor merger. “Elise will be a terrific steward of the Nicholas Sparks brand in television,” said Jay Sures, managing director of UTA, “She’s been a great part of the UTA team, and fortunately it won’t feel like she has traveled far.”
TV Lit Agent Elise Henderson Leaves UTA To Run TV For Nicholas Sparks' Company
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
Jennifer Aniston May Be On The Fast Track To Oscar As Awards Groups Shower Her With Best Actress Nominations
More From Andreeva
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'
- Christina Aguilera-Produced Dramedy, Twitter-Based Comedy, Shakespeare-Themed Drama On Prospect Park's Slate