Tribeca Film bought U.S. rights to War Witch, a film shot in the Congo that won Best Actress for its star Rachel Mwanza at the Tribeca Film Festival, and the same award at Berlin. The Kim Nguyen-directed film tells the story of a young girl who’s kidnapped by African rebels at age 12, is forced at gunpoint to murder her parents and fight as a child soldier. An ability to see ghosts that warn her of approaching enemies, she is called War Witch by the leader of the rebels, but her challenge is to escape her fate and resolve her brutality of her past. A multi-platform release is planned for 2013.
Tribeca Film Acquires 'War Witch'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- John Carpenter To Exec Produce New ‘Halloween’ For Miramax, Trancas & Blumhouse
- Guns N’ Roses Docu Gets 50-City Theatrical Preview From XLrator
- Alicia Coppola Joins ‘Cowgirl’s Story’; Johnathon Schaech Lands Roles In ‘Philly Fury’, ‘Day Of The Dead…
- DreamWorks Animation Hires Exec From Paramount As New Head Of Development
- Sony Acquires Thriller Pitch From Scribe Lori Evans Taylor For Akiva Goldsman To Produce
- SAG-AFTRA Files Unfair Labor Charges Against Ad Giant Grey Global