Tribeca Film bought U.S. rights to War Witch, a film shot in the Congo that won Best Actress for its star Rachel Mwanza at the Tribeca Film Festival, and the same award at Berlin. The Kim Nguyen-directed film tells the story of a young girl who’s kidnapped by African rebels at age 12, is forced at gunpoint to murder her parents and fight as a child soldier. An ability to see ghosts that warn her of approaching enemies, she is called War Witch by the leader of the rebels, but her challenge is to escape her fate and resolve her brutality of her past. A multi-platform release is planned for 2013.
Tribeca Film Acquires 'War Witch'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Anne Hathaway, Julie Taymor Spin Bleak Magic In Searing Drone Drama ‘Grounded’
- ‘Cinderella’ Scores In Japan; ‘Home’ Lands In China: More International Box Office
- How ‘Ex Machina’ Seduced Crowds And Is Poised To Be Summer’s Sleeper Hit
- ‘Avengers: Age Of Ultron’ Opens To Mighty $201.2M Overseas; Sets IMAX Record
- “Kurt Cobain: Montage of Heck’ Rocks Specialty Box Office
- No Sunday Column