Travis Fimmel (The Beast, Baytown Outlaws) and Jessalyn Gilsig (Glee, Heroes, CSI: NY) are among the new cast members announced today for History’s upcoming scripted series Vikings. Fimmel will play the role of Viking leader Ragnar; Gilsig has been tapped for the role of Siggy, the wife of Earl Haraldson played by the previously announced Gabriel Byrne. Also announced today: Gustaf Skarsgard (The Way Back) as Floki, Clive Standen (Camelot, Robin Hood) as Rollo, and Katheryn Winnick (Stand Up Guys) as Lagertha. The previously announced George Blagden will play the role of Athelstan, an Anglo-Saxon monk captured by Ragnar on his first raid on England. Vikings follows the adventures of Ragnar Lothbrok, his band of Viking brothers and his family as he rises to become King of the Viking tribes. Johan Renck and Ken Girotti are slated to direct multiple episodes of the series, which premieres next year.
Five New Cast Members Join History's 'Vikings'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Empire' Ratings Fall To Low As Dolly Parton Movie Wins In Viewers; 'Arrow' Hits Season Highs With Mega-Crossover
'Supergirl'-'Flash'-'Arrow'-'Legends' Crossover Review: CW's Latest Team-Up Strongest & Most Ambitious Yet
Latest TV News
- Kathleen Robertson Sells ‘Swimming With Sharks’ Series Adaptation To E!, Dramedy Starring Christina Applegate…
- High Noon Entertainment Ups Five In Creative Team
- ‘Celebrity Name Game’ Hosted By Craig Ferguson Canceled After 3 Seasons
- ‘Good Girls Revolt’: No Season 2 At Amazon, Will Be Shopped Elsewhere
- Bloomberg Election-Cycle Series ‘With All Due Respect’ Reaches End Of Road Today
- Diversity Touted At 34th Annual Caucus For Producers, Writers & Directors Awards Dinner