Travis Fimmel (The Beast, Baytown Outlaws) and Jessalyn Gilsig (Glee, Heroes, CSI: NY) are among the new cast members announced today for History’s upcoming scripted series Vikings. Fimmel will play the role of Viking leader Ragnar; Gilsig has been tapped for the role of Siggy, the wife of Earl Haraldson played by the previously announced Gabriel Byrne. Also announced today: Gustaf Skarsgard (The Way Back) as Floki, Clive Standen (Camelot, Robin Hood) as Rollo, and Katheryn Winnick (Stand Up Guys) as Lagertha. The previously announced George Blagden will play the role of Athelstan, an Anglo-Saxon monk captured by Ragnar on his first raid on England. Vikings follows the adventures of Ragnar Lothbrok, his band of Viking brothers and his family as he rises to become King of the Viking tribes. Johan Renck and Ken Girotti are slated to direct multiple episodes of the series, which premieres next year.
Five New Cast Members Join History's 'Vikings'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- ‘White Dave’ Comedy From David Talbert, LeBron James & Gabrielle Union Set At ABC
- The Lonely Island’s ‘Alone Together’ Gets Season 2 Renewal Ahead Of January Premiere On Freeform
- Francie Calfo Promoted To Chairman of Imagine Television Group
- Zac Brown Bands Together With Propagate For Film & TV Deal, Eyes Reality Series
- CBS Directors Initiative Sets 2017-18 Class
- David Zaslav Talks Scripps, Skinny Bundles & Going Direct-To-Consumer – Mipcom