Travis Fimmel (The Beast, Baytown Outlaws) and Jessalyn Gilsig (Glee, Heroes, CSI: NY) are among the new cast members announced today for History’s upcoming scripted series Vikings. Fimmel will play the role of Viking leader Ragnar; Gilsig has been tapped for the role of Siggy, the wife of Earl Haraldson played by the previously announced Gabriel Byrne. Also announced today: Gustaf Skarsgard (The Way Back) as Floki, Clive Standen (Camelot, Robin Hood) as Rollo, and Katheryn Winnick (Stand Up Guys) as Lagertha. The previously announced George Blagden will play the role of Athelstan, an Anglo-Saxon monk captured by Ragnar on his first raid on England. Vikings follows the adventures of Ragnar Lothbrok, his band of Viking brothers and his family as he rises to become King of the Viking tribes. Johan Renck and Ken Girotti are slated to direct multiple episodes of the series, which premieres next year.
Five New Cast Members Join History's 'Vikings'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $285M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
Latest TV News
- ‘Mayans MC’: John Ortiz Cast In FX’s ‘Sons Of Anarchy’ Spinoff Pilot
- Judd Hirsch Signs With TalentWorks
- Ana Ortiz To Star In 'Charlie Foxtrot' ABC Comedy Pilot
- ‘When We Rise’ Review: ABC’s Ambitious LGBTQ Rights Miniseries Too Dense
- ‘Suits’ Spinoff Starring Gina Torres Eyed By USA
- ‘Jack Ryan’ Adds Marie-Josée Croze; Emayatzy Corinealdi Joins HBO’s ‘Ballers’