Travis Fimmel (The Beast, Baytown Outlaws) and Jessalyn Gilsig (Glee, Heroes, CSI: NY) are among the new cast members announced today for History’s upcoming scripted series Vikings. Fimmel will play the role of Viking leader Ragnar; Gilsig has been tapped for the role of Siggy, the wife of Earl Haraldson played by the previously announced Gabriel Byrne. Also announced today: Gustaf Skarsgard (The Way Back) as Floki, Clive Standen (Camelot, Robin Hood) as Rollo, and Katheryn Winnick (Stand Up Guys) as Lagertha. The previously announced George Blagden will play the role of Athelstan, an Anglo-Saxon monk captured by Ragnar on his first raid on England. Vikings follows the adventures of Ragnar Lothbrok, his band of Viking brothers and his family as he rises to become King of the Viking tribes. Johan Renck and Ken Girotti are slated to direct multiple episodes of the series, which premieres next year.
Five New Cast Members Join History's 'Vikings'
What's Hot on Deadline
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
'The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon' Showrunner Josh Lieb Departs For Uni TV Overall Deal, Trio Promoted To Run Show
Latest TV News
- ‘Nashville’ Adds ‘Harry Potter’ Alum Christian Coulson As Recurring
- Kwame Patterson Joins TNT Pilot ‘Monsters Of God’
- Wendi McLendon-Covey Teams With ‘The McCarthys’ Creator For ABC Hotel Comedy Based On Her Experiences
- Nielsen Set To Measure Out-Of-Home TV Viewing For First Time
- ‘Red Oaks’ Appropriately Channels The ’80s In Faux TV Promo
- Donald Trump’s Debate 3 Performance Outstrips Cubs Game To Win Social Race