Travis Fimmel (The Beast, Baytown Outlaws) and Jessalyn Gilsig (Glee, Heroes, CSI: NY) are among the new cast members announced today for History’s upcoming scripted series Vikings. Fimmel will play the role of Viking leader Ragnar; Gilsig has been tapped for the role of Siggy, the wife of Earl Haraldson played by the previously announced Gabriel Byrne. Also announced today: Gustaf Skarsgard (The Way Back) as Floki, Clive Standen (Camelot, Robin Hood) as Rollo, and Katheryn Winnick (Stand Up Guys) as Lagertha. The previously announced George Blagden will play the role of Athelstan, an Anglo-Saxon monk captured by Ragnar on his first raid on England. Vikings follows the adventures of Ragnar Lothbrok, his band of Viking brothers and his family as he rises to become King of the Viking tribes. Johan Renck and Ken Girotti are slated to direct multiple episodes of the series, which premieres next year.
Five New Cast Members Join History's 'Vikings'
What's Hot on Deadline
Venice Film Festival Sets Lido Launch For Aronofsky, Clooney, Del Toro, Payne & More As Awards Buzz Begins - Full List
Netflix 'Triple Frontier' Eyes August Start; Mark Wahlberg, Charlie Hunnam, Garrett Hedlund, Pedro Pascal In Talks
James Franco & Maggie Gyllenhaal 1970s Porn HBO Series 'The Deuce': It's Not Misogyny, It's Business - TCA
Latest TV News
- ‘Future Man’ Cast And Creators Discusses Death Of Glenne Headly At TCA
- Jennifer Aniston, Reese Witherspoon Partner To Star In TV Series
- ‘Faith Under Fire’: Toni Braxton To Topline Lifetime Movie About Georgia Elementary School Gunman
- Emmys: TV Academy Unveils Category List
- Boy Scouts Boss Apologizes For Donald Trump’s “Political Rhetoric” In Jamboree Speech
- ‘Harlots’ Renewed For Season 2 On Hulu – TCA