After airing behind TNT’s flagship drama The Closer for its first two seasons, Rizzoli & Isles did well in its first outing in the anchor 9 PM position. The third-season premiere of the female procedural drew 5.62 million total viewers last night, down 13% from the Season 2 opener in the Monday 10 PM slot but ranking as basic cable’s No. 1 Tuesday premiere ever for an original scripted drama series. Rizzoli & Isles was followed by the second-season debut of Franklin & Bash (3.1 million), which was up 12% vs. the series premiere last year when the show aired on Wednesday at 9 PM with no original lead-in. In adults 18-49, both Rizzoli & Isles and Franklin & Bash actually matched their premiere performances last year with 1.5 million and 1.1 million viewers, respectively.
TNT's 'Rizzoli & Isles' Slightly Down, 'Franklin & Bash' Slightly Up In Return
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland' Bows Overseas With $27.5M, 'Ultron' Dominates With $46.4M, 'Mad Max' Adds $38.2M, 'Spy' Nabs $12.5M
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
Cannes Winners: The French Did Well, The Italians Didn't - But Who's Complaining After Cinema's World Cup?
Latest TV News
- Max Greenfield Makes Reservation For ‘American Horror Story: Hotel’
- NASCAR 600 Ratings Slow Down, ‘Battle Creek’ Ends Even, ‘A.D.’ Ratings Dip
- Charter Nears $55B Deal To Buy Time Warner Cable: Reports
- Netflix Rumored To Want Gerard Depardieu For French ‘House Of Cards’
- Anne Meara Dies; Actress, Comedian Of Stiller Family Was 85
- Marty Pasetta Dies: Longtime Director Of Academy Awards Telecasts Was 82