After airing behind TNT’s flagship drama The Closer for its first two seasons, Rizzoli & Isles did well in its first outing in the anchor 9 PM position. The third-season premiere of the female procedural drew 5.62 million total viewers last night, down 13% from the Season 2 opener in the Monday 10 PM slot but ranking as basic cable’s No. 1 Tuesday premiere ever for an original scripted drama series. Rizzoli & Isles was followed by the second-season debut of Franklin & Bash (3.1 million), which was up 12% vs. the series premiere last year when the show aired on Wednesday at 9 PM with no original lead-in. In adults 18-49, both Rizzoli & Isles and Franklin & Bash actually matched their premiere performances last year with 1.5 million and 1.1 million viewers, respectively.
TNT's 'Rizzoli & Isles' Slightly Down, 'Franklin & Bash' Slightly Up In Return
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
More From Andreeva
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par With Host Amy Adams
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'