After airing behind TNT’s flagship drama The Closer for its first two seasons, Rizzoli & Isles did well in its first outing in the anchor 9 PM position. The third-season premiere of the female procedural drew 5.62 million total viewers last night, down 13% from the Season 2 opener in the Monday 10 PM slot but ranking as basic cable’s No. 1 Tuesday premiere ever for an original scripted drama series. Rizzoli & Isles was followed by the second-season debut of Franklin & Bash (3.1 million), which was up 12% vs. the series premiere last year when the show aired on Wednesday at 9 PM with no original lead-in. In adults 18-49, both Rizzoli & Isles and Franklin & Bash actually matched their premiere performances last year with 1.5 million and 1.1 million viewers, respectively.
TNT's 'Rizzoli & Isles' Slightly Down, 'Franklin & Bash' Slightly Up In Return
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill O'Reilly To Matt Lauer On His Firing From Fox News & Sexual Harassment Claims: "This Was A Hit Job"
Latest TV News
- ‘Oscar Pistorius: Blade Runner Killer’ Movie Set On Lifetime For Fall Premiere
- ‘Being Mary Jane’ Showrunner Erica Shelton Kodish Inks Overall Deal With CBS TV Studios
- NBC Claims Fourth Consecutive 52-Week Demo Ratings Win
- ‘Younger’ Season 4 Is Highest-Rated In Series History In Live+3
- Syfy Moves ‘Happy!’ Premiere Date Back A Week
- ABC Buys Fertility Workplace Comedy From Annie Neal & Doug Robinson