After airing behind TNT’s flagship drama The Closer for its first two seasons, Rizzoli & Isles did well in its first outing in the anchor 9 PM position. The third-season premiere of the female procedural drew 5.62 million total viewers last night, down 13% from the Season 2 opener in the Monday 10 PM slot but ranking as basic cable’s No. 1 Tuesday premiere ever for an original scripted drama series. Rizzoli & Isles was followed by the second-season debut of Franklin & Bash (3.1 million), which was up 12% vs. the series premiere last year when the show aired on Wednesday at 9 PM with no original lead-in. In adults 18-49, both Rizzoli & Isles and Franklin & Bash actually matched their premiere performances last year with 1.5 million and 1.1 million viewers, respectively.
TNT's 'Rizzoli & Isles' Slightly Down, 'Franklin & Bash' Slightly Up In Return
What's Hot on Deadline
Cloris Leachman On Gene Wilder & The 'Young Frankenstein' Scene That Cracked Him Up: "We Had To Do It 14 Times"
Latest TV News
- Modern VideoFilm Founder Sues New Owner For $100 Million
- Latest Creative Arts Emmys Presenters Include Chris Hardwick, Margo Martindale & Gloria Steinem – Update
- ABC Nabs ‘Start Up’ Comedy Starring & Directed By Zach Braff As Put Pilot
- IATSE Offers To Help ‘Sausage Party’ Animators & Fight “Untenable” VFX Working Conditions
- ‘Splitting Up Together’ Comedy From Emily Kapnek & Ellen DeGeneres Gets ABC Put Pilot Commitment
- Donald Trump: Abedin-Weiner Split Exposes Possible National Security Risk In Clinton Campaign