TNT‘s sci-fi drama series Falling Skies, which launched as basic cable’s No. 1 new series in adults 18-49 last year, returned for its second season last night with 4.5 million total viewers, down 24% from its series debut. In adults 18-49, it drew 1.9 million viewers, down from 2.6 million last year. Falling Skies faced stiff competition last night from the strong NBA Finals, which also took a toll on USA Network’s Suits‘ second-season premiere last week as well as the season finales of AMC’s The Killing, Showtime’s The Borgias and HBO’s Girls, among others. Falling Skies‘ ratings result was potent enough to make a third season renewal very likely.
TNT's 'Falling Skies' Down In Season Debut
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
UPDATE: 'Cops' Bryce Dion Killed By Friendly Fire In Omaha While Filming Response To Wendy's Robbery
More From Andreeva
- Fox Buys 'Nod' Sci-Fi Drama From Jason Richman & Chernin Co.
- Rila Fukushima Joins 'Arrow', Riley Voelkel Cast In 'Point Of Honor'
- Fox Buys College Comedy From Weezer Frontman Rivers Cuomo & 'Psych' Creator Steve Franks As Put Pilot
- Jason Bateman's Aggregate Films Reups Film & TV Deal With Universal, Hires Executive
- Zach Galifianakis & Louis C.K.'s Comedy 'Baskets' Gets FX Series Order
- Daniel Dae Kim To Produce Adaptation Of Korean Medical Drama 'Good Doctor' For CBS