TNT‘s sci-fi drama series Falling Skies, which launched as basic cable’s No. 1 new series in adults 18-49 last year, returned for its second season last night with 4.5 million total viewers, down 24% from its series debut. In adults 18-49, it drew 1.9 million viewers, down from 2.6 million last year. Falling Skies faced stiff competition last night from the strong NBA Finals, which also took a toll on USA Network’s Suits‘ second-season premiere last week as well as the season finales of AMC’s The Killing, Showtime’s The Borgias and HBO’s Girls, among others. Falling Skies‘ ratings result was potent enough to make a third season renewal very likely.
TNT's 'Falling Skies' Down In Season Debut
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Last Jedi' Now Opening To $219M+: How Disney Continues To Win With The 'Star Wars' Franchise - Update
Harvey Weinstein Again Denies Blackballing Actresses: Says He Wanted Ashley Judd For 'Good Will Hunting'
Latest TV News
- Sam Rockwell To Host ‘Saturday Night Live’ In January
- ‘SNL’: Alec Baldwin Ends War On Christmas As Omarosa Begs Forgiveness
- Gretchen Carlson To Former Fox Colleague Bill O’Reilly: “Who Are U Fooling?”
- XFL Return Rumored As WWE Head Vince McMahon Forms New Investment Venture
- ‘SNL’ Cast Member Pete Davidson Shows Off Hillary Clinton Tattoo
- Agent Olivia Metzger Leaving CAA; Clients Include Jeff Glor, Hoda Kotb: Report