TNT‘s sci-fi drama series Falling Skies, which launched as basic cable’s No. 1 new series in adults 18-49 last year, returned for its second season last night with 4.5 million total viewers, down 24% from its series debut. In adults 18-49, it drew 1.9 million viewers, down from 2.6 million last year. Falling Skies faced stiff competition last night from the strong NBA Finals, which also took a toll on USA Network’s Suits‘ second-season premiere last week as well as the season finales of AMC’s The Killing, Showtime’s The Borgias and HBO’s Girls, among others. Falling Skies‘ ratings result was potent enough to make a third season renewal very likely.
TNT's 'Falling Skies' Down In Season Debut
What's Hot on Deadline
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Ant-Man' Scribes Andrew Barrer & Gabriel Ferrari Join 'Transformers' Writers Room: Cybertron Pic In Offing?
Latest TV News
- FIFA President Sepp Blatter Targeted As Visa, Coke Turn Up Pressure
- ABC Signs Talent Deal With NBA Pilot Star Blondy Baruti
- Kate Shepherd Named EVP Content At Contend
- Sky To Invest $20M In Milan Hub For Arts; Fremantle Picks Up Jude Law’s ‘The Young Pope': Global Briefs
- Former MTV Exec Joins CMT As SVP Communications
- ‘Halt And Catch Fire’ Season 2 Review: Series About Dawn Of Digital Era Returns With Way More RAM