TNT‘s sci-fi drama series Falling Skies, which launched as basic cable’s No. 1 new series in adults 18-49 last year, returned for its second season last night with 4.5 million total viewers, down 24% from its series debut. In adults 18-49, it drew 1.9 million viewers, down from 2.6 million last year. Falling Skies faced stiff competition last night from the strong NBA Finals, which also took a toll on USA Network’s Suits‘ second-season premiere last week as well as the season finales of AMC’s The Killing, Showtime’s The Borgias and HBO’s Girls, among others. Falling Skies‘ ratings result was potent enough to make a third season renewal very likely.
TNT's 'Falling Skies' Down In Season Debut
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Netflix Nabs Judd Apatow Comedy Series With 2-Season Order; Paul Rust & Gillian Jacobs To Star, Legendary TV To Produce
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Stephnie Weir Bank Comedy
- Fox Developing Drama About Airline Crew Moonlighting As Robbers
- Betsy Thomas Set As New 'Bad Judge' Showrunner
- Sam Richardson Upped To Regular On 'Veep'
- Nathan Parsons To Topline Amazon Pilot 'Point Of Honor', Luke Benward To Co-Star
- Rob Golenberg and Alon Aranya's Scripted World Inks First-Look Deal With Fox 21