Cisco supplies set-top boxes to distributors like Verizon and Time Warner Cable that TiVo claims infringe on its patented DVR technology. The suit was filed in Texas federal court after Cisco filed a pre-emptive suit May 30 in California asking a judge to rule that it isn’t infringing on four TiVo patents. It’s just the latest patent fight for TiVo, which has won against AT&T, Microsoft and most recently Dish Network after a years-long court battle. It currently is in litigation against Verizon, Motorola Mobility and a separate case against Time Warner Cable.
TiVo Adds Cisco To Lawsuit List
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- 'Madam Secretary' Coming To U.K. On Sky Living; NBCUniversal International Television Production Pacts With TV3 Group Ireland…
- 'High Profits': New CNN Series Profiles Colorado Pot Business Owners
- Mary McCormack & Alicia Witt Join 'House Of Lies'; Lindsey Gort In 'Self Promotion'
- Courtney Love To Guest Star In Fox's 'Empire'
- 'Good Morning America' Ratings Lead Morning Infotainment Race
- Zachary Booth, Bill Irwin, Six More Round Out 'South Of Hell' Cast On WE TV