Cisco supplies set-top boxes to distributors like Verizon and Time Warner Cable that TiVo claims infringe on its patented DVR technology. The suit was filed in Texas federal court after Cisco filed a pre-emptive suit May 30 in California asking a judge to rule that it isn’t infringing on four TiVo patents. It’s just the latest patent fight for TiVo, which has won against AT&T, Microsoft and most recently Dish Network after a years-long court battle. It currently is in litigation against Verizon, Motorola Mobility and a separate case against Time Warner Cable.
TiVo Adds Cisco To Lawsuit List
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office Friday: 'If I Stay' Sinks, 'Sin City 2' Bombs, 'Game' Scrambles As 'Guardians' Steps Up To No. 1
More From Team
- Holliday Grainger Toplines 'Lady Chatterley's Lover' For BBC One; Levi Meadon Joins Syfy's 'Olympus'
- SAG-AFTRA Members Ratify TV/Theatrical Contract
- Hot TV Clip: 'The Unauthorized Saved By The Bell Story'
- Repped By SAG-AFTRA, KPCC Gets First Union Contract
- Alicia Witt Signs With Innovative Artists & The Schiff Company