Cisco supplies set-top boxes to distributors like Verizon and Time Warner Cable that TiVo claims infringe on its patented DVR technology. The suit was filed in Texas federal court after Cisco filed a pre-emptive suit May 30 in California asking a judge to rule that it isn’t infringing on four TiVo patents. It’s just the latest patent fight for TiVo, which has won against AT&T, Microsoft and most recently Dish Network after a years-long court battle. It currently is in litigation against Verizon, Motorola Mobility and a separate case against Time Warner Cable.
TiVo Adds Cisco To Lawsuit List
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Team
- Loretta Devine Joins Jerrod Carmichael Comedy Pilot; Hemky Madera In 'Queen Of The South'
- Fox Business Network Will Receive 'Strange Inheritance' In January
- Charlie Sheen To Reprise His 'Ferris Bueller's Day Off' Role On 'The Goldbergs'
- Hulu Inks Streaming Deal For FX Series, Including 'Tyrant', 'The Strain' & 'AHS'
- Byron Pitts Replacing Dan Abrams As 'Nightline' Anchor
- 'Orphan Black' Season 3: “This Is War” — Video