Veteran comedy writer-producer Tim Doyle (Rules Of Engagement) has joined ABC’s comedy series Last Man Standing as executive producer/showrunner for its upcoming second season. Kevin Abbott, who held the post for most of last season stepping in for creator Jack Burditt, will continue to serve as an executive producer and will remain integral to Last Man Standing but non-exclusive; his pilot, ABC’s Malibu Country, was picked up to series. (Abbott serves as executive producer/showrunner on Malibu Country, which he’d had in development prior to coming aboard Last Man Standing.) On LMS, which will be paired with Malibu Country on Fridays in the fall, Doyle and Abbott will executive produce alongside Marty Adelstein, Becky Clements, Shawn Levy, Tim Allen, Kevin Hench, Rick Baker, and Richard Messina. In addition to the behind-the-scene showrunner change, there will be an on-screen one too on LMS next season. As our sister site TVLine first reported, Alexandra Krosney, who played the eldest daughter of Tim Allen’s Mike and Nancy Travis’ Vanessa, won’t return, with the role likely recast. Doyle’s credits also include Roseanne, Grace Under Fire, and Ellen. Doyle and Abbott are with CAA.
Tim Doyle Joins ABC's 'Last Man Standing' As New Showrunner
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: 2nd Best Sunday $59M+; 3-Day $201M+; 4-Day To Shred 'Jurassic World' & Possibly 'Last Jedi'
Latest TV News
- David Attenborough’s New Wildlife Series Leads BBC Showcase Deals
- Fergie’s National Anthem Performance Panned At NBA’S All-Star Game
- BBC Studios Scores Non-Scripted Orders From Viacom’s C5 – BBC Showcase
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Exec Producer Frank Doelger Launches Drama Firm
- Donald Trump Taunts Oprah At End Of Manic Weekend Of Tweets And TV News Watching
- John Oliver Joins Parkland Students “Calling Bullsh*t” On “Too Soon To Talk About” Gun Laws Blather