Veteran comedy writer-producer Tim Doyle (Rules Of Engagement) has joined ABC’s comedy series Last Man Standing as executive producer/showrunner for its upcoming second season. Kevin Abbott, who held the post for most of last season stepping in for creator Jack Burditt, will continue to serve as an executive producer and will remain integral to Last Man Standing but non-exclusive; his pilot, ABC’s Malibu Country, was picked up to series. (Abbott serves as executive producer/showrunner on Malibu Country, which he’d had in development prior to coming aboard Last Man Standing.) On LMS, which will be paired with Malibu Country on Fridays in the fall, Doyle and Abbott will executive produce alongside Marty Adelstein, Becky Clements, Shawn Levy, Tim Allen, Kevin Hench, Rick Baker, and Richard Messina. In addition to the behind-the-scene showrunner change, there will be an on-screen one too on LMS next season. As our sister site TVLine first reported, Alexandra Krosney, who played the eldest daughter of Tim Allen’s Mike and Nancy Travis’ Vanessa, won’t return, with the role likely recast. Doyle’s credits also include Roseanne, Grace Under Fire, and Ellen. Doyle and Abbott are with CAA.
Tim Doyle Joins ABC's 'Last Man Standing' As New Showrunner
What's Hot on Deadline
Jimmy Kimmel Defends Florida Students Under Attack From Far Right Wingnuts Ted Nugent, Donald Trump Jr.
Latest TV News
- ‘Nashville’ Gets Midseason Return & Series Finale Dates On CMT; New Characters Added – Watch Promo
- ‘Abby’s’: Natalie Morales To Star In NBC Comedy Pilot
- Stephen Colbert Lampoons Marco Rubio’s Remarks At CNN Gun Violence Town Hall
- ‘In Between Lives’: Harriet Dyer To Topline NBC Clairvoyance Crime Drama Pilot
- Hollywood Activists Join In Pressuring Amazon To Drop NRA TV From Streaming Service
- Television Academy Revises Its Code of Conduct For #MeToo Era