Along with TV programs from the past season, the Critics’ Choice Television Awards — an offshoot of the Critics’ Choice Awards for movies — recognizes new shows that premiere after June 1. This year’s five Most Exciting New Series honorees include three broadcast and two cable series: The Following (Fox/Warner Bros), The Mindy Project (Fox/Universal), Nashville (ABC/Lionsgate), The Newsroom (HBO) and Political Animals (USA/Warner Bros). The inaugural Critics’ Choice TV Awards last year honored eight shows in the category, half of them coming back and half gone after one season: Alcatraz, Apartment 23, Awake, Falling Skies, New Girl, Ringer, Smash and Terra Nova.
'The Newsroom' & 'Political Animals' Among Critics' Choice TV Awards' New Series Picks
What's Hot on Deadline
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
Actress Accuses 'Girls' EP Murray Miller Of Sexual Assault; Showrunners Lena Dunham & Jenni Konner Defend Him - Update
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest TV News
- Malcolm Young Dies: AC/DC Guitarist Rocked Charts & TV-Film Soundtracks
- Bill Maher: Don’t Lump Al Franken With Weinstein, Spacey & Donald Trump
- Wendy Pepper Dies: Contestant On First Season Of ‘Project Runway’ Was 53
- Vice Forms All-Female Advisory In Wake Of Exec’s Conduct Suspension
- ‘True Detective’: Carmen Ejogo To Star In Season 3 Of HBO Anthology Series
- AT&T-Time Warner Merger Antitrust Review Casting Pall Over Fox Talks