Along with TV programs from the past season, the Critics’ Choice Television Awards — an offshoot of the Critics’ Choice Awards for movies — recognizes new shows that premiere after June 1. This year’s five Most Exciting New Series honorees include three broadcast and two cable series: The Following (Fox/Warner Bros), The Mindy Project (Fox/Universal), Nashville (ABC/Lionsgate), The Newsroom (HBO) and Political Animals (USA/Warner Bros). The inaugural Critics’ Choice TV Awards last year honored eight shows in the category, half of them coming back and half gone after one season: Alcatraz, Apartment 23, Awake, Falling Skies, New Girl, Ringer, Smash and Terra Nova.
'The Newsroom' & 'Political Animals' Among Critics' Choice TV Awards' New Series Picks
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill O'Reilly To Matt Lauer On His Firing From Fox News & Sexual Harassment Claims: "This Was A Hit Job"
Tucker Carlson Blasts Emmys; Calls It A "Remarkable Triumph Of Identity Politics Over Art & Entertainment"
Latest TV News
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Unveils Season 8 Key Art & It’s “All Out War”
- ‘Saturday Night Live’ To Continue Airing Live Coast To Coast
- ‘The Deuce’ Renewed For Season 2 At HBO
- Aidan Gillen To Play Dave Allen For BBC; HBO Nordic Orders ‘Gosta’; Anna Friel Flits To ITV’s ‘Butterfly’ – Global…
- Herb Scannell Tapped To Be CEO Of Mitú, Latino-Focused Video Producer
- Amazon Studios Inks Overall Deal With ‘Stranger Things’ Writer Justin Doble