Along with TV programs from the past season, the Critics’ Choice Television Awards — an offshoot of the Critics’ Choice Awards for movies — recognizes new shows that premiere after June 1. This year’s five Most Exciting New Series honorees include three broadcast and two cable series: The Following (Fox/Warner Bros), The Mindy Project (Fox/Universal), Nashville (ABC/Lionsgate), The Newsroom (HBO) and Political Animals (USA/Warner Bros). The inaugural Critics’ Choice TV Awards last year honored eight shows in the category, half of them coming back and half gone after one season: Alcatraz, Apartment 23, Awake, Falling Skies, New Girl, Ringer, Smash and Terra Nova.
'The Newsroom' & 'Political Animals' Among Critics' Choice TV Awards' New Series Picks
What's Hot on Deadline
'Transformers: The Last Knight' Running Out Of Gas With $15M Opening Day; 5-Day Outlook Now At $63M-$65M
'Quantico': Priyanka Chopra Among 4 Cast Members Returning For Season 3, Michael Seitzman Set As New Showrunner
Latest TV News
- ‘Downton Abbey’ Movie To Start Production In 2018
- Samantha Bee Looks For All The Words Donald Trump And His Team Are Hiding
- ‘Really?! With Seth & Amy’: Meyers & Poehler Trash Trump/Caesar Protests On ‘Late Night’
- 'Fargo' EP Noah Hawley On Open-Ended Finale, Potential Season 4 & 'Cat's Cradle'
- ‘Marvel’s The Defenders’: First Poster Brings The Solitary Superheroes Together
- ‘Queen Sugar’ Ratings Score Core Demo Series High With Season 2 Premiere