Along with TV programs from the past season, the Critics’ Choice Television Awards — an offshoot of the Critics’ Choice Awards for movies — recognizes new shows that premiere after June 1. This year’s five Most Exciting New Series honorees include three broadcast and two cable series: The Following (Fox/Warner Bros), The Mindy Project (Fox/Universal), Nashville (ABC/Lionsgate), The Newsroom (HBO) and Political Animals (USA/Warner Bros). The inaugural Critics’ Choice TV Awards last year honored eight shows in the category, half of them coming back and half gone after one season: Alcatraz, Apartment 23, Awake, Falling Skies, New Girl, Ringer, Smash and Terra Nova.
'The Newsroom' & 'Political Animals' Among Critics' Choice TV Awards' New Series Picks
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- ‘Little Big Shots’: NBC Orders ‘Forever Young’ Spinoff Series Featuring Seniors From Ellen DeGeneres…
- Garret Dillahunt To Topline Rod Lurie’s TNT Drama Pilot 'Monsters of God'
- Alfred Hitchcock Anthology Series In The Works By Universal Cable Prods & Vermilion
- ‘Damnation’: Lead Aden Young Exits USA Pilot
- ‘She’s Gotta Have It’: ‘Hamilton’s Anthony Ramos Cast In Spike Lee Netflix Series
- Dance Drama From Jennifer Beals, Kenny Ortega & ‘Hit The Floor’ Creator Set At Fox