Along with TV programs from the past season, the Critics’ Choice Television Awards — an offshoot of the Critics’ Choice Awards for movies — recognizes new shows that premiere after June 1. This year’s five Most Exciting New Series honorees include three broadcast and two cable series: The Following (Fox/Warner Bros), The Mindy Project (Fox/Universal), Nashville (ABC/Lionsgate), The Newsroom (HBO) and Political Animals (USA/Warner Bros). The inaugural Critics’ Choice TV Awards last year honored eight shows in the category, half of them coming back and half gone after one season: Alcatraz, Apartment 23, Awake, Falling Skies, New Girl, Ringer, Smash and Terra Nova.
'The Newsroom' & 'Political Animals' Among Critics' Choice TV Awards' New Series Picks
What's Hot on Deadline
'Show Dogs' Getting Re-Cut By Global Road In Response To Concerns Over Inappropriate Sex Abuse Message
Jason Bateman Apologizes To Jessica Walter Over 'Arrested Development' Interview Comments: "I Was Wrong Here"
'Outlander's Sam Heughan Joins Vin Diesel In Sony's 'Bloodshot'; Eiza Gonzalez, Michael Sheen Also Aboard
Latest TV News
- Actors’ Equity Re-Elects Kate Shindle As President
- ‘Floribama Shore’ Gets Season 2 Premiere Date On MTV; First Teaser
- TV Talk Podcast: No Nicole Kidman Or Jessica Lange Leaves Best Actress Limited Series Wide Open For Emmys
- TV Series Based On Japan’s Rent-A-Relative Business In Works At Anonymous Content, Paramount TV & Condé Nast
- ‘Claws’ Showrunner Janine Sherman Barrois Inks New Overall Deal With WBTV
- ‘Hair’ Will Be NBC’s 2019 Spring Musical; Craig Zadan & Neil Meron Producing