EXCLUSIVE: WWE Studios and Troika Pictures are teaming to co-produce and co-finance The Hive, starring Halle Berry and Abigail Breslin. The thriller, to be directed by Brad Anderson (The Machinist, Transsiberian), was written by Rich D’Ovidio (Exit Wounds, Thir13en Ghosts) and based on a story by Rich D’Ovidio, Nicole D’Ovidio and Jon Bokencamp. In the film, an emergency call center operator (Berry) takes a call from a teenage girl (Breslin) who has been abducted and carried away in the trunk of a car. The kidnapping plays out in real time as Jordan and Casey work together to track down the killer. The Hive is being produced by Troika’s Michael Helfant, Robert Stein and Bradley Gallo, WWE Studios’ Michael Luisi and Jeff Graup. William Gallo, Philip M. Cohen and Chip Rosenbloom are executive producers. Principal photography is scheduled to begin July 6 in and around Los Angeles.
WWE Studios, Troika Pictures Join Halle Berry Thriller 'The Hive'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Film Arcade And Paramount Team On Romantic Comedy 'Love, Rosie'
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Remains In Serious Condition Following Thursday Cardiac Arrest
- UPDATE: Abrams Artists & 'Ghost Adventures' Producer End Commissions Dispute
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'