EXCLUSIVE: WWE Studios and Troika Pictures are teaming to co-produce and co-finance The Hive, starring Halle Berry and Abigail Breslin. The thriller, to be directed by Brad Anderson (The Machinist, Transsiberian), was written by Rich D’Ovidio (Exit Wounds, Thir13en Ghosts) and based on a story by Rich D’Ovidio, Nicole D’Ovidio and Jon Bokencamp. In the film, an emergency call center operator (Berry) takes a call from a teenage girl (Breslin) who has been abducted and carried away in the trunk of a car. The kidnapping plays out in real time as Jordan and Casey work together to track down the killer. The Hive is being produced by Troika’s Michael Helfant, Robert Stein and Bradley Gallo, WWE Studios’ Michael Luisi and Jeff Graup. William Gallo, Philip M. Cohen and Chip Rosenbloom are executive producers. Principal photography is scheduled to begin July 6 in and around Los Angeles.
WWE Studios, Troika Pictures Join Halle Berry Thriller 'The Hive'
What's Hot on Deadline
ABC Orders Drama Pilots 'The Good Doctor' & 'Doomsday' From David Shore, Daniel Dae Kim & Carol Mendesohn
Latest Film News
- Oscar Nominee & EGOT Contender Lin-Manuel Miranda Staying Put In “The Heights”
- ‘La La’, Diversity, Meryl, Mel & Lots Of Worthy Movies Overshadow Academy’s Weird Oscar Nomination…
- ‘Patti Cake$’ Spits Rhymes, Beguiles Park City, Readies For Big Time – Sundance Studio
- Alfre Woodard On “Universal Story” Of ‘Burning Sands’ & Netflix Barrier Breaking – Sundance…
- ‘Patti Cake$’ Near Deal To Fox Searchlight For $10.5M – Sundance
- Oscars: ‘Tanna’ Marks First Foreign Language Nomination For Australia