EXCLUSIVE: WWE Studios and Troika Pictures are teaming to co-produce and co-finance The Hive, starring Halle Berry and Abigail Breslin. The thriller, to be directed by Brad Anderson (The Machinist, Transsiberian), was written by Rich D’Ovidio (Exit Wounds, Thir13en Ghosts) and based on a story by Rich D’Ovidio, Nicole D’Ovidio and Jon Bokencamp. In the film, an emergency call center operator (Berry) takes a call from a teenage girl (Breslin) who has been abducted and carried away in the trunk of a car. The kidnapping plays out in real time as Jordan and Casey work together to track down the killer. The Hive is being produced by Troika’s Michael Helfant, Robert Stein and Bradley Gallo, WWE Studios’ Michael Luisi and Jeff Graup. William Gallo, Philip M. Cohen and Chip Rosenbloom are executive producers. Principal photography is scheduled to begin July 6 in and around Los Angeles.
WWE Studios, Troika Pictures Join Halle Berry Thriller 'The Hive'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Maddie Hasson & Cameron Monaghan Join Stephenie Meyer’s ‘Anna Dressed In Blood’ – Cannes
- Disney Swingin’ As ‘The Jungle Book’ Beats $700M Global; ‘Captain America: Civil War’ Rises To…
- Jack Huston & Emilia Clarke To Star In Phillip Noyce’s ‘Above Suspicion’ – Cannes
- SXSW Pic ‘Rainbow Time’ Lands At The Orchard
- Skydance Media Buys Game Developer The Workshop And Launches Interactive Division
- Financiers Spark To Edison-Westinghouse Pic ‘The Last Days Of Night’; Graham Moore & Morten Tyldum To Reteam