EXCLUSIVE: Justin Bartha has joined the cast of CBGB. The Hangover star will play Stiv Bators, lead singer of the Dead Boys. CBGB was the club in New York’s Bowery district that saw the birth of punk with bands like the Dead Boys, the Ramones, Blondie, and Television. Bators died in 1990. Randall Miller is directing and writing the indie punk film, which is starting to crank some cast volume. Malin Akerman, who rocks out with Tom Cruise in the upcoming Rock Of Ages, will play Blondie’s Debbie Harry. Alan Rickman will play the East Side bar’s proprietor Hily Kristal. Twilight Saga’s Ashley Greene will play Kristal’s daughter. The Big Bang Theory’s Johnny Galecki is playing band manager Terry Ork. Foo Fighters’ drummer Taylor Hawkins will play the original punk rocker Iggy Pop. And Harry Potter’s Rupert Grint will play Dead Boys guitarist Cheetah Chrome. The film begins shooting next month in Savannah, Ga., before moving to NYC. Bartha, who is appearing in NBC’s upcoming The New Normal, is repped by CAA and Management 360.
'Hangover’s Justin Bartha Joins 'CBGB'
What's Hot on Deadline
Bart & Fleming: What Leo Plays In Tarantino Film; Why Gender Argument On Wahlberg/Williams Was Wrong
Latest Film News
- Andrea Riseborough On “Insane” 4-Movie Sundance Trip And Her Move To Producing To Elevate Female Voices…
- See-Saw Films Signs Three-Year, First Look Deal With New Regency
- Netflix Cooks Up ‘Ugly Delicious’ Docuseries From Chef David Chang & Oscar Winner Morgan Neville
- Breaking Glass Pictures Acquires Yan England’s ‘1:54’ For U.S. Theatrical Release
- Lionsgate Stock Pops After Report Of Active Merger Talks
- ‘Science Fair’ Trailer: Brilliant & Quirky Teens Face-Off In Sundance Docu