EXCLUSIVE: Justin Bartha has joined the cast of CBGB. The Hangover star will play Stiv Bators, lead singer of the Dead Boys. CBGB was the club in New York’s Bowery district that saw the birth of punk with bands like the Dead Boys, the Ramones, Blondie, and Television. Bators died in 1990. Randall Miller is directing and writing the indie punk film, which is starting to crank some cast volume. Malin Akerman, who rocks out with Tom Cruise in the upcoming Rock Of Ages, will play Blondie’s Debbie Harry. Alan Rickman will play the East Side bar’s proprietor Hily Kristal. Twilight Saga’s Ashley Greene will play Kristal’s daughter. The Big Bang Theory’s Johnny Galecki is playing band manager Terry Ork. Foo Fighters’ drummer Taylor Hawkins will play the original punk rocker Iggy Pop. And Harry Potter’s Rupert Grint will play Dead Boys guitarist Cheetah Chrome. The film begins shooting next month in Savannah, Ga., before moving to NYC. Bartha, who is appearing in NBC’s upcoming The New Normal, is repped by CAA and Management 360.
'Hangover’s Justin Bartha Joins 'CBGB'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Luc Besson’s EuropaCorp Reports $136M Loss; Will Re-Focus On Action, Sci-Fi
- Michelle Rodriguez Tells ‘Fast’ Folks To “Show Some Love” To Female Characters Or Else
- Elizabeth Gillies Cast In Untitled Arizona Project Comedy
- Lena Dunham & Jenni Konner In Talks To Pen ‘Toni Erdmann’ Redo
- Chris Miller Channels Han Solo In Twitter Return
- Gail Mancuso Set To Direct DreamWorks’ Comedy ‘Besties’