EXCLUSIVE: Justin Bartha has joined the cast of CBGB. The Hangover star will play Stiv Bators, lead singer of the Dead Boys. CBGB was the club in New York’s Bowery district that saw the birth of punk with bands like the Dead Boys, the Ramones, Blondie, and Television. Bators died in 1990. Randall Miller is directing and writing the indie punk film, which is starting to crank some cast volume. Malin Akerman, who rocks out with Tom Cruise in the upcoming Rock Of Ages, will play Blondie’s Debbie Harry. Alan Rickman will play the East Side bar’s proprietor Hily Kristal. Twilight Saga’s Ashley Greene will play Kristal’s daughter. The Big Bang Theory’s Johnny Galecki is playing band manager Terry Ork. Foo Fighters’ drummer Taylor Hawkins will play the original punk rocker Iggy Pop. And Harry Potter’s Rupert Grint will play Dead Boys guitarist Cheetah Chrome. The film begins shooting next month in Savannah, Ga., before moving to NYC. Bartha, who is appearing in NBC’s upcoming The New Normal, is repped by CAA and Management 360.
'Hangover’s Justin Bartha Joins 'CBGB'
What's Hot on Deadline
Peter Bart: Donald Trump's Nightmare, Stormy Daniels Has A Secret Side As Prolific Film Director With Skills
Latest Film News
- Lantern’s Bid For The Weinstein Co. Is $310M In Cash, $450M Including Fees And Assumption Of Liabilities
- Emily Lu Aldrich Joins Shelter PR As It Ramps Up New Film And TV Division
- Josh Lucas Cast In Fox’s Faith-Based Drama ‘The Impossible’
- Universal Wins ‘Good Boys:’ Edgy Comedy Stars Jacob Tremblay With Eisenberg & Stupnitsky Directing
- Gunpowder & Sky Nabs Brett Haley’s Sundance Closer ‘Hearts Beat Loud; June Release Set
- ‘Tag’ Trailer: Five Adult Friends, One Epic Kids Game, No Holds Barred