Johnny Galecki is going to CBGB, with The Big Bang Theory star playing band manager Terry Ork in the indie punk rock movie. The real CBGB, which stood for “Country, BlueGrass and Blues”, was the legendary New York club where American punk rock and New Wave got its start in the mid-1970s, when bands like the Ramones, Blondie, Television and the Dead Boys took the tiny stage. Malin Akerman, who stars in the upcoming Rock Of Ages with Tom Cruise, has signed to play Blondie lead singer Debbie Harry. Alan Rickman will play the East Side bar’s proprietor Hily Kristal. Harry Potter’s Rupert Grint will play Dead Boys’ guitarist Cheetah Chrome. The film begins shooting in July in Savannah, Ga. Galecki is repped by CAA and Untitled Entertainment.
'Big Bang's Johnny Galecki To Do 'CBGB' Movie
What's Hot on Deadline
Universal Lands Hot Novel 'The Girl Before'; Ron Howard To Direct, Brian Grazer & Michael De Luca To Produce
Pete Hammond's Notes On The Season: Eddie Redmayne Dines Out, Sly Stallone Trusts In Youth, And Leonardo Di Caprio Deserves The Medal Of Honor
Latest Film News
- Deadline’s The Contenders: ‘Son Of Saul’ Director László Nemes & Star Géza Röhrig Discuss The Harrowing Cannes Winner’s Journey…
- What Is This ‘Project Delirium’ Jennifer Lawrence Wants To Direct?
- Universal Lands Hot Novel ‘The Girl Before’; Ron Howard To Direct, Brian Grazer & Michael De Luca To Produce
- Lionsgate And ‘Gods Of Egypt’ Director Alex Proyas Apologize For Film’s Lack Of Diversity
- Roman Polanski Will Not Be Extradited To The U.S. From Poland
- ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Facebook Clip: Snoke Signals, Han Shoots First