Johnny Galecki is going to CBGB, with The Big Bang Theory star playing band manager Terry Ork in the indie punk rock movie. The real CBGB, which stood for “Country, BlueGrass and Blues”, was the legendary New York club where American punk rock and New Wave got its start in the mid-1970s, when bands like the Ramones, Blondie, Television and the Dead Boys took the tiny stage. Malin Akerman, who stars in the upcoming Rock Of Ages with Tom Cruise, has signed to play Blondie lead singer Debbie Harry. Alan Rickman will play the East Side bar’s proprietor Hily Kristal. Harry Potter’s Rupert Grint will play Dead Boys’ guitarist Cheetah Chrome. The film begins shooting in July in Savannah, Ga. Galecki is repped by CAA and Untitled Entertainment.
'Big Bang's Johnny Galecki To Do 'CBGB' Movie
What's Hot on Deadline
Venice Film Festival Sets Lido Launch For Aronofsky, Clooney, Del Toro, Payne & More As Awards Buzz Begins - Full List
James Franco & Maggie Gyllenhaal 1970s Porn HBO Series 'The Deuce': It's Not Misogyny, It's Business - TCA
Netflix 'Triple Frontier' Eyes August Start; Mark Wahlberg, Charlie Hunnam, Garrett Hedlund, Pedro Pascal In Talks
Trevor Noah Discusses Donald Trump Transgender Troop Firing With Two Army Veterans On 'The Daily Show'
Latest Film News
- ‘Suburbicon’ Trailer: Matt Damon & The Mob In George Clooney’s Venice-Bound Noir
- NBCU’s Steve Burke Is “Skeptical” About OTT, Crows About Upfront Sales
- Venice Film Festival Sets Lido Launch For Aronofsky, Clooney, Del Toro, Payne & More As Awards Buzz Begins…
- ‘Fate Of The Furious’ Helps Comcast Top Q2 Earnings Expectations, Video Subs Lag
- ‘Ghost In The Shell’ Star Chin Han To Scale ‘Skyscraper’ With Dwayne Johnson
- Netflix ‘Triple Frontier’ Eyes August Start; Mark Wahlberg, Charlie Hunnam, Garrett Hedlund, Pedro Pascal…