Johnny Galecki is going to CBGB, with The Big Bang Theory star playing band manager Terry Ork in the indie punk rock movie. The real CBGB, which stood for “Country, BlueGrass and Blues”, was the legendary New York club where American punk rock and New Wave got its start in the mid-1970s, when bands like the Ramones, Blondie, Television and the Dead Boys took the tiny stage. Malin Akerman, who stars in the upcoming Rock Of Ages with Tom Cruise, has signed to play Blondie lead singer Debbie Harry. Alan Rickman will play the East Side bar’s proprietor Hily Kristal. Harry Potter’s Rupert Grint will play Dead Boys’ guitarist Cheetah Chrome. The film begins shooting in July in Savannah, Ga. Galecki is repped by CAA and Untitled Entertainment.
'Big Bang's Johnny Galecki To Do 'CBGB' Movie
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland' Bows Overseas With $27.5M, 'Ultron' Dominates With $46.4M, 'Mad Max' Adds $38.2M, 'Spy' Nabs $12.5M
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
Cannes Winners: The French Did Well, The Italians Didn't - But Who's Complaining After Cinema's World Cup?
Latest Film News
- ‘Dope’ Red Band Trailer: Still Lives Up To Its Name
- Director Cary Fukunaga No Longer With Stephen King’s ‘It’
- New ‘When Marnie Was There,’ Holdover ‘Dreams’ Solid – Specialty B.O.
- No Heat At Memorial Day B.O.: ‘Tomorrowland’s Rocket Runs Outta Gas With $41.7M Bow – Monday Update
- 6;Tomorrowland’ Bows Overseas With $27.5M, ‘Ultron’ Dominates With $46.4M, ‘Mad Max’ Adds $38.2M, ‘Spy…
- First Six ‘Star Wars’ Pix To Play Shanghai International Film Fest