Johnny Galecki is going to CBGB, with The Big Bang Theory star playing band manager Terry Ork in the indie punk rock movie. The real CBGB, which stood for “Country, BlueGrass and Blues”, was the legendary New York club where American punk rock and New Wave got its start in the mid-1970s, when bands like the Ramones, Blondie, Television and the Dead Boys took the tiny stage. Malin Akerman, who stars in the upcoming Rock Of Ages with Tom Cruise, has signed to play Blondie lead singer Debbie Harry. Alan Rickman will play the East Side bar’s proprietor Hily Kristal. Harry Potter’s Rupert Grint will play Dead Boys’ guitarist Cheetah Chrome. The film begins shooting in July in Savannah, Ga. Galecki is repped by CAA and Untitled Entertainment.
'Big Bang's Johnny Galecki To Do 'CBGB' Movie
What's Hot on Deadline
Tony Goldwyn, Josh Lucas, Michael C Hall, Marton Csokas & Kate Walsh Surround Liam Neeson For Watergate Thriller 'Felt'
Latest Film News
- ‘Jungle Book’ Still Hot In Third Weekend With $35M-$36M; ‘Mother’s Day’ Has Edge Over ‘Keanu’…
- The Orchard Promotes Paul Davidson To Exec VP
- Home Entertainment Spending Fell 9% In Q1 Not Including Streaming Services
- Will Ferrell Not “Pursuing” ‘Reagan’ Black List Film After All
- Marc Platt To Bring Sega’s ‘Shinobi’ To Big Screen
- Oscar-Winning Cinematographer Robert Richardson Inks With WME