Studiocanal has acquired UK rights to The Alan Partridge Movie. A maladroit radio and TV host created by Steve Coogan and Veep‘s Armando Iannucci, Partridge has been played by Coogan since the 90s, most notably in the British TV series I’m Alan Partridge. In his first move to the big screen, Partridge will attempt to salvage his public career and negotiate a potentially violent turn of events at his Norfolk radio station. Coogan is best known to US audiences for getting blown up in Tropic Thunder and doing impressions of Michael Caine in 2010’s The Trip. Alan Partridge starts shooting in January for an Aug 16, 2013 release. Coogan and Iannucci penned the script with frequent Sacha Baron Cohen collaborator Peter Baynham and Neil and Rob Gibbons. Declan Lowney is directing. Producers are Kevin Loader and Henry Normal. Exec producers are Iannucci, Danny Perkins, Joe Oppenheimer and Christine Langan. Embankment Films is handling international sales. The Baby Cow/Studiocanal production is backed by BBC Films with development support from the BFI.
Studiocanal Sets U.K. Release Date For Steve Coogan's 'The Alan Partridge Movie'
What's Hot on Deadline
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
Jeffrey Tambor Accused By 'Transparent' Actress Of Sexual Harassment; Actor Admits "Flaws," Says "Misinterpreted"
'The Royals' Female Cast & Crew Members Speak Out, Accuse Showrunner Mark Schwahn Of Sexual Harassment
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest Film News
- ‘The Greatest Showman’ Songwriters Benj Pasek & Justin Paul On The Revitalization Of The Original Hollywood…
- Oscars 2018: A Look At Contenders In The Best Animated Feature Race
- Josh Hartnett & Margarita Levieva To Star In Crime Thriller ‘Inherit The Viper’
- Costume Designer-Turned-Helmer Courtney Hoffman To Direct Feature From Her ‘The Good Time Girls’ Short
- Deadline’s Podcast New Hollywood: Race-Specific Characters & ‘The 15:17 To Paris’ With Sinqua Walls
- Mahershala Ali To Star In Anonymous Content’s A.J. Wolfe Crime Tale ‘Burn’