A power outage in Studio City left KCBS and KCAL without power tonight according to AP and multiple Twitter feeds. The outage occurred around 8 PM. Freelance reporter/anchor Edward Lawrence posted this YouTube video of the stations’ shared newsrooms and facilities. The video says an emergency generator the stations were using inexplicably shut down, leaving them in darkness. AP said KCBS aired national programming as usual but that KCAL’s local newscast was knocked off the air. Twitter postings suggest power is being restored. The DWP was working to re-route electricity from another circuit. Cause of the outage was not known.
Studio City Power Outage Leaves KCBS, KCAL In The Dark
What's Hot on Deadline
Bravo Renews & Expands 'Southern Charm', Sets More 'Shahs Of Sunset' & 'Million Dollar Listing New York'
Latest TV News
- Donald Trump To Bill O’Reilly: NBC Releasing 2005 Bus Tape “Was An Illegal Act”
- Rhys Ward, Thomas Cadrot & Anjali Jay Join Lifetime’s ‘Midsummer's Nightmare’ Pilot
- SAG-AFTRA Teams With ATA To Pay Actors’ Unclaimed Residuals
- Mike Pence’s Plane With Press Aboard Skids Off NY Runway; No Injuries
- NBCUniversal & Comcast Slapped With Age Discrimination Suit By Ex-E! SVP
- New Orleans’ French Quarter Gangster Past Getting TV Treatment From Vermilion & Rubicon