A power outage in Studio City left KCBS and KCAL without power tonight according to AP and multiple Twitter feeds. The outage occurred around 8 PM. Freelance reporter/anchor Edward Lawrence posted this YouTube video of the stations’ shared newsrooms and facilities. The video says an emergency generator the stations were using inexplicably shut down, leaving them in darkness. AP said KCBS aired national programming as usual but that KCAL’s local newscast was knocked off the air. Twitter postings suggest power is being restored. The DWP was working to re-route electricity from another circuit. Cause of the outage was not known.
Studio City Power Outage Leaves KCBS, KCAL In The Dark
Trending Now on Deadline
'Ouija' Box Office May Scare Up $20M, 'John Wick' No. 2 With A Bullet, Bill Murray Graces 'St. Vincent' - B.O. Weekend
More From Team
- New York Television Festival Announces 2014 Winners
- UPDATE: Warner Bros Moves Up 'Entourage' Release By A Week
- Terry Keenan Dead: Longtime Business Reporter-Anchor At CNN, CNBC & Fox News
- Film Independent Spirit Awards 2015 To Be Broadcast Live On IFC
- Lyndsy Fonseca Joins 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- Jim Parsons To Star In Animated 'Elf' Holiday Special On NBC