A power outage in Studio City left KCBS and KCAL without power tonight according to AP and multiple Twitter feeds. The outage occurred around 8 PM. Freelance reporter/anchor Edward Lawrence posted this YouTube video of the stations’ shared newsrooms and facilities. The video says an emergency generator the stations were using inexplicably shut down, leaving them in darkness. AP said KCBS aired national programming as usual but that KCAL’s local newscast was knocked off the air. Twitter postings suggest power is being restored. The DWP was working to re-route electricity from another circuit. Cause of the outage was not known.
Studio City Power Outage Leaves KCBS, KCAL In The Dark
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Brothers Grimsby': Trailer Or Titillating Clip "Shown" On 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' – Which Works Better?
Four Studios Bidding On 'Gone Girl' Author Gillian Flynn's Short Story 'The Grownup': Hot Package Du Jour
Latest TV News
- Obama Declines To Dance For Ellen DeGeneres’ Show; Republic Still Standing
- ‘Good Place’ NBC Comedy Series Casts William Jackson Harper
- Mark-Paul Gosselaar To Star In Fox Pilot ‘Pitch’
- CBS Comedy Pilot 'Superior Donuts' Casts Maz Jobrani
- Laura Dern To Star In HBO Death Row Drama In Development From Alex Gibney
- CBS Order For Matt Nix Drama Scrapped When Co-Production Deal Falls Through As Ownership Rules Pilot Season 2016