A power outage in Studio City left KCBS and KCAL without power tonight according to AP and multiple Twitter feeds. The outage occurred around 8 PM. Freelance reporter/anchor Edward Lawrence posted this YouTube video of the stations’ shared newsrooms and facilities. The video says an emergency generator the stations were using inexplicably shut down, leaving them in darkness. AP said KCBS aired national programming as usual but that KCAL’s local newscast was knocked off the air. Twitter postings suggest power is being restored. The DWP was working to re-route electricity from another circuit. Cause of the outage was not known.
Studio City Power Outage Leaves KCBS, KCAL In The Dark
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland' Bows Overseas With $27.5M, 'Ultron' Dominates With $46.4M, 'Mad Max' Adds $38.2M, 'Spy' Nabs $12.5M
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
Cannes Winners: The French Did Well, The Italians Didn't - But Who's Complaining After Cinema's World Cup?
Latest TV News
- Max Greenfield Makes Reservation For ‘American Horror Story: Hotel’
- NASCAR 600 Ratings Slow Down, ‘Battle Creek’ Ends Even, ‘A.D.’ Ratings Dip
- Charter Nears $55B Deal To Buy Time Warner Cable: Reports
- Netflix Rumored To Want Gerard Depardieu For French ‘House Of Cards’
- Anne Meara Dies; Actress, Comedian Of Stiller Family Was 85
- Marty Pasetta Dies: Longtime Director Of Academy Awards Telecasts Was 82