A power outage in Studio City left KCBS and KCAL without power tonight according to AP and multiple Twitter feeds. The outage occurred around 8 PM. Freelance reporter/anchor Edward Lawrence posted this YouTube video of the stations’ shared newsrooms and facilities. The video says an emergency generator the stations were using inexplicably shut down, leaving them in darkness. AP said KCBS aired national programming as usual but that KCAL’s local newscast was knocked off the air. Twitter postings suggest power is being restored. The DWP was working to re-route electricity from another circuit. Cause of the outage was not known.
Studio City Power Outage Leaves KCBS, KCAL In The Dark
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean CyberTerror Attack
More From Team
- Loretta Devine Joins Jerrod Carmichael Comedy Pilot; Hemky Madera In 'Queen Of The South'
- Fox Business Network Will Receive 'Strange Inheritance' In January
- Charlie Sheen To Reprise His 'Ferris Bueller's Day Off' Role On 'The Goldbergs'
- Hulu Inks Streaming Deal For FX Series, Including 'Tyrant', 'The Strain' & 'AHS'
- Byron Pitts Replacing Dan Abrams As 'Nightline' Anchor
- 'Orphan Black' Season 3: “This Is War” — Video