EXCLUSIVE: First they made the movie and now Steven Soderbergh and Channing Tatum are taking Magic Mike to the stage. The film’s director and star are producing a musical adaptation of their male stripper movie. Distributed by Warner Bros, Magic Mike opens Friday. The plan at this point is to have Magic Mike: The Musical on stage and Broadway bound by the summer of 2013. WME’s theatre head John Buzzetti is currently putting together the package. Soderbergh and Tatum will produce with partners Gregory Jacobs, Nick Wechsler and Reid Carolin. Carolin, who wrote the screenplay for the Magic Mike movie and is Tatum’s partner in Iron Horse Entertainment, will write the book for the musical. Magic Mike is partially based on the now-32-year old Tatum’s experiences as a stripper in Tampa, Fla, when he was 19. The movie stars Tatum, Matthew McConaughey, Olivia Munn and Alex Pettyfer. Carolin is repped by UTA and Management 360. Soderbergh is repped by Anonymous Content. Tatum is repped by UTA and Management 360.
Steven Soderbergh & Channing Tatum Making 'Magic Mike: The Musical'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fate Of The Furious' Will Win Third Weekend Lap With $20M, But It's 'Baahubali 2' That's Surprising - Box Office
Director Jim Sheridan's Next: 'H-Block' Coming Together With Cillian Murphy, Jamie Dornan, Pierce Brosnan
Latest Film News
- Untitled Robert Zemeckis Project Starring Steve Carell Eyes Thanksgiving 2018 Release
- WGA: “The Cost Of Settling Is Reasonable”
- ‘A Thousand Junkies’ Stars On Rehashing A Painful Period In Their Lives And The AA Meeting Where They Met…
- Graham Phillips, Miles Robbins & Jimmy Bellinger Join ‘The Pact’ From Universal
- Kate McKinnon, ‘Atlanta’s Brian Tyree Henry, Allison Tolman & More Join Laura Steinel’s ‘Fam-i-ly…
- ‘Can’t Stop, Won’t Stop’ Director Daniel Kaufman On The “Fierce Pursuit Of The American Dream”…