EXCLUSIVE: Stephen Moyer has joined the cast of Devil’s Knot in a lead role. The True Blood star will play prosecutor John Fogelman in the film about the wrongfully convicted and imprisoned West Memphis 3. He joins Colin Firth, Reese Witherspoon Alessandro Nivola and more in the cast and will begin work on the Atom Eyogen-directed film immediately to fit in shooting around his schedule for the HBO vampire series. Devil’s Knot tells the true story of how, despite no psychical evidence, teens Jason Baldwin, Damien Echols and Jessie Misskelley were found guilty and jailed for a triple homicide in 1993. They were finally released last year. The movie is based on the 2003 book Devil’s Knot: The True Story Of The West Memphis Three by investigative reporter Mara Leveritt. Moyer is repped by WME and managed by Lubor Roklin Entertainment.
'True Blood's Stephen Moyer Tied To 'Devil's Knot' In Key Role
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $277M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- Costume Designers Guild Awards: 'La La Land,’ 'Hidden Figures' & ‘The Crown’ Among Winners…
- Martin Scorsese's Robert De Niro Pic 'The Irishman' Heading To Netflix?
- Leah Adler Dies: Steven Spielberg’s Mother Was 97
- Uma Thurman Regrets Turning Down ‘Lord Of The Rings’ Role
- UCLA Diversity Report Downplays Gains Made By Industry’s Women and Minorities
- ‘Logan’ Review: The Marvel Comic Book Movie For People Who Hate Marvel Comic Book Movies