Just in time for the potential end of the world later this year, Spike TV has greenlighted Last Family On Earth, a new competition reality series in which families vie for a spot in an underground fortified Vivos bunker. Produced by Craig Piligian’s Pilgrim Studios, the six-episode one-hour series will premiere this fall, with the finale, in which the winning family move into their bunker, airing just before December 21 — when some expect potential cataclysmic demise as allegedly predicted by the Mayan calendar. The competition will showcase survival techniques and, in addition to endurance and physical skills, test the contestants’ leadership abilities, integrity and character. The doomsday scenarios that will be played out on the show include a pandemic, global government or economic collapse, nuclear war, reactor meltdowns, solar flares, massive asteroids, lethal climactic change, a pole shift, calamitous earthquakes, and even widespread anarchy. A panel of three survivalist-expert judges, along with viewer input via social media, will help determine which family is eliminated each week. The participating families, which come from a variety of backgrounds, are among the 15% of the world’s population who believe the end of civilization is near.
Spike TV Survivalist Reality Series Has Families Compete For Underground Bunker
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Raycom Media TV Stations Blacked Out By DirecTV In Carriage Dispute
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over