Just in time for the potential end of the world later this year, Spike TV has greenlighted Last Family On Earth, a new competition reality series in which families vie for a spot in an underground fortified Vivos bunker. Produced by Craig Piligian’s Pilgrim Studios, the six-episode one-hour series will premiere this fall, with the finale, in which the winning family move into their bunker, airing just before December 21 — when some expect potential cataclysmic demise as allegedly predicted by the Mayan calendar. The competition will showcase survival techniques and, in addition to endurance and physical skills, test the contestants’ leadership abilities, integrity and character. The doomsday scenarios that will be played out on the show include a pandemic, global government or economic collapse, nuclear war, reactor meltdowns, solar flares, massive asteroids, lethal climactic change, a pole shift, calamitous earthquakes, and even widespread anarchy. A panel of three survivalist-expert judges, along with viewer input via social media, will help determine which family is eliminated each week. The participating families, which come from a variety of backgrounds, are among the 15% of the world’s population who believe the end of civilization is near.
Spike TV Survivalist Reality Series Has Families Compete For Underground Bunker
What's Hot on Deadline
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
'Justice League' Currently Stumbling With $97M+ Opening: Are 'Wonder' & 'Thor' Cutting Into Business?
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Jeffrey Tambor Accused By 'Transparent' Actress Of Sexual Harassment; Actor Admits "Flaws," Says "Misinterpreted"
Latest TV News
- ‘True Detective’: Carmen Ejogo To Star In Season 3 Of HBO Anthology Series
- AT&T-Time Warner Merger Antitrust Review Casting Pall Over Fox Talks
- Eva Longoria Teams With David Schulner & Nisha Ganatra For ‘Lucky Boy’ Immigrant Drama Series Based On Book
- Ryan Seacrest Denies Behaving “Inappropriately” To E! Stylist, Channel Investigating
- Actress Accuses ‘Girls’ EP Murray Miller Of Sexual Assault; Showrunners Lena Dunham & Jenni Konner Defend Him…
- Netflix Orders Comedy Series Starring Rev Run From Amblin TV & ABC Signature