Sony Pictures has announced that after hitting $398.8 million last night, MIB 3 is poised to move beyond $400 million in worldwide revenue today. That will surely put the film on course to eclipse the $441 million worldwide that Men In Black II turned in back in 2002. It was a much better movie than the first sequel, but hasn’t been hailed as a home run because skeptics wonder whether it will ever be in the black financially. MIBII was shot on a reported $140 million budget, while MIB3 carried a reported $225 million budget, with a lot of gross out the door. Certainly, the hiatus taken by the picture to fix the script added to those costs. The original grossed $589 million worldwide in 1997 on a reported budget of $90 million. Even with the benefit of extra revenue for 3D tickets, the movie will need a few more strong weeks around the world to eclipse that total.
Sony's 'MIB 3' Passes $400 Million Worldwide
What's Hot on Deadline
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
Latest Box Office News
- ‘Young Karl Marx’, 'November', 'The Lodgers,' & 'Are We Not Cats' Among Openers – Specialty…
- ‘Game Night’ Wins $1M In Previews, ‘Annihilation’ Takes $900K – Thursday Night Box Office
- ‘Black Panther’ To Pounce Past $500M WW Box Office Today
- Saudi Arabia To Invest $64 Billion In Entertainment Sector
- China’s Wild New Year: ‘Detective Chinatown 2’ Crosses $300M, Eclipses ‘Monster Hunt 2’; ‘Operation Red…
- ‘The Commuter’ Rides Past $100M At Worldwide Box Office