Sony Pictures has announced that after hitting $398.8 million last night, MIB 3 is poised to move beyond $400 million in worldwide revenue today. That will surely put the film on course to eclipse the $441 million worldwide that Men In Black II turned in back in 2002. It was a much better movie than the first sequel, but hasn’t been hailed as a home run because skeptics wonder whether it will ever be in the black financially. MIBII was shot on a reported $140 million budget, while MIB3 carried a reported $225 million budget, with a lot of gross out the door. Certainly, the hiatus taken by the picture to fix the script added to those costs. The original grossed $589 million worldwide in 1997 on a reported budget of $90 million. Even with the benefit of extra revenue for 3D tickets, the movie will need a few more strong weeks around the world to eclipse that total.
Sony's 'MIB 3' Passes $400 Million Worldwide
What's Hot on Deadline
Keaton Jones Facebook Video Gone After Mom's Confederate Flag Photos Surface: Is Hollywood Still "KeatonStrong"?
'Jumanji: Welcome To The Jungle' Review: Dwayne Johnson, Kevin Hart & Jack Black Are In The Game, But Laughs Don't Come Easily
Seth Rogen To Play Walter Cronkite In 'Newsflash;' David Gordon Green-Helmed Pic On CBS JFK Assassination Coverage
Latest Box Office News
- Broadway B.O.: Mark Rylance & SpongeBob SquarePants Join The Starry Field & The Boss Is Back
- MoviePass Reports B.O. Impact On ‘Justice League’, ‘Coco’, ‘Three Billboards’ & More
- ‘Coco’ Sweet With $390M Global, Scores China Hat Trick; ‘Justice League’ Tops $600M WW – International…
- 'I, Tonya' Blades To Robust Bow; 'The Shape Of Water' & 'Call Me By Your Name' Expand Solidly – Specialty…
- December Still Asleep Before ‘Last Jedi’ Awakens: ‘Coco’ $18M+, ‘Disaster Artist’ $6M+, ‘Wonder…
- Warner Bros. Becomes First Major Studio To Cross $2 Billion This Year At Domestic B.O. Propelled By ‘Wonder Woman’, ‘It…