Sony Pictures Television is upping its stake in Indian TV group Multi Screen Media. SPT will acquire a further 32% of shares in MSM from Grandway Global Holdings and Atlas Equifin in a transaction valued at $271M. Subject to government approval, the deal will see SPT’s interest in MSM jump to a little over 94%. MSM operates TV networks in India with channels that include Sony Entertainment Television; premium movie and events channel MAX; Hindi entertainment channel SAB; PIX, which airs Hollywood films; music channel MIX and sports channel SIX.
Sony Pictures Television To Pay $271M For Increased Stake In India's MSM
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- Venice: '99 Homes' Takes On The 1% With Andrew Garfield, Michael Shannon (Video)
- Global Showbiz Briefs: DreamWorks Signs 4- Series Deal With South Korea's Studio Mir; Veteran Aussie Actor Bill Kerr Dies; More
- Venice: Bogdanovich Unveils Screwball Comedy 'She's Funny That Way', Riffs On 'Lost Hollywood'
- Global Showbiz Briefs Chinese Web Giant Youku Launches Heyi Film; eOne Acquires 'Seed' Producer Force Four; More
- Venice: Lido Digs Story Of Charlie Chaplin Graverobbers 'The Price Of Fame'
- World Film Community Joins Hands In Support Of Shuttered Beijing Festival