Sony Pictures Television is upping its stake in Indian TV group Multi Screen Media. SPT will acquire a further 32% of shares in MSM from Grandway Global Holdings and Atlas Equifin in a transaction valued at $271M. Subject to government approval, the deal will see SPT’s interest in MSM jump to a little over 94%. MSM operates TV networks in India with channels that include Sony Entertainment Television; premium movie and events channel MAX; Hindi entertainment channel SAB; PIX, which airs Hollywood films; music channel MIX and sports channel SIX.
Sony Pictures Television To Pay $271M For Increased Stake In India's MSM
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland' Bows Overseas With $26.7M, 'Ultron' Dominates With $45.8M, 'Mad Max' Adds $38.2M, 'Spy' Nabs $12.5M
Cannes Winners: The French Did Well, The Italians Didn't - But Who's Complaining After Cinema's World Cup?
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
Hot Cannes 'Circle' Package Imperiled As Alicia Vikander In Talks To Star In 'Assassin's Creed', New 'Bourne' Film
Latest TV News
- Netflix Rumored To Want Gerard Depardieu For French ‘House Of Cards’
- Anne Meara Dies; Actress, Comedian Of Stiller Family Was 85
- Marty Pasetta Dies: Longtime Director Of Academy Awards Telecasts Was 82
- ‘X-Factor’ Producers Hit With $2M Lawsuit By Contestant; Says Performance Was “Altered”
- Showrunner Jennie Snyder Urman On Almost Passing On ‘Jane The Virgin’, Pace, Title Change & How Will It End
- ‘Fuller’ Brush-Off: Olsens Won’t Head Home For ‘Full House’ Sequel