Sony Pictures Television is upping its stake in Indian TV group Multi Screen Media. SPT will acquire a further 32% of shares in MSM from Grandway Global Holdings and Atlas Equifin in a transaction valued at $271M. Subject to government approval, the deal will see SPT’s interest in MSM jump to a little over 94%. MSM operates TV networks in India with channels that include Sony Entertainment Television; premium movie and events channel MAX; Hindi entertainment channel SAB; PIX, which airs Hollywood films; music channel MIX and sports channel SIX.
Sony Pictures Television To Pay $271M For Increased Stake In India's MSM
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- The China-Hollywood Poker Play: Is There A Sucker At This Table?
- 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Brings The Dark Side, And The Light: Hot Teaser
- James McAvoy Has Company In 'The Ruling Class'; 'Rocky Horror' Sequel Time Warps To Stage: West End Briefs
- Cannes Pics Vie For Delluc Prize; China Plans 6 'Three Body' Films: Global Showbiz Briefs
- Frank Yablans, Former Paramount President, Dead At 79