Sony Pictures Television is upping its stake in Indian TV group Multi Screen Media. SPT will acquire a further 32% of shares in MSM from Grandway Global Holdings and Atlas Equifin in a transaction valued at $271M. Subject to government approval, the deal will see SPT’s interest in MSM jump to a little over 94%. MSM operates TV networks in India with channels that include Sony Entertainment Television; premium movie and events channel MAX; Hindi entertainment channel SAB; PIX, which airs Hollywood films; music channel MIX and sports channel SIX.
Sony Pictures Television To Pay $271M For Increased Stake In India's MSM
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- Cast Set For BBC & Carnival's 'Game Of Thrones'-Style Epic 'The Last Kingdom'
- Canada's Bell Media Takes 'Manhattan' As SVOD Service Ramps Up To Rival Netflix
- Carey Mulligan, Matthias Schoenaerts In 'Far From The Madding Crowd': Hot Trailer
- ITV Orders Period 'Jekyll & Hyde' Action/Drama Rife With CGI Monsters
- 'Mockingjay', 'Interstellar' Fly High At International Box Office: Update
- 'Jurassic World': The Park Is Open In Hot Teaser To Trailer