Sony Pictures Television is upping its stake in Indian TV group Multi Screen Media. SPT will acquire a further 32% of shares in MSM from Grandway Global Holdings and Atlas Equifin in a transaction valued at $271M. Subject to government approval, the deal will see SPT’s interest in MSM jump to a little over 94%. MSM operates TV networks in India with channels that include Sony Entertainment Television; premium movie and events channel MAX; Hindi entertainment channel SAB; PIX, which airs Hollywood films; music channel MIX and sports channel SIX.
Sony Pictures Television To Pay $271M For Increased Stake In India's MSM
What's Hot on Deadline
Tucker Carlson Blasts Emmys; Calls It A "Remarkable Triumph Of Identity Politics Over Art & Entertainment"
Latest TV News
- Senator McCain Salutes ‘Morning Joe’ For “10 Years Of Fake News And Deceiving The American People”
- CBS Winning Battle For Australia's Ten Network
- ‘Lockwood & Co’: Big Talk Prods To Adapt Spooky YA Detective Series For Television
- Tucker Carlson Blasts Emmys; Calls It A “Remarkable Triumph Of Identity Politics Over Art & Entertainment”
- ‘The Handmaid’s Tale’: How 32-Year-Old Book Became Timely Drama & Toast Of the Emmys
- Fox News Calls New Charles Payne Lawsuit “Shameful”; Accuser Claims Host Raped Her – Update