The Jersey Shore franchise is validating the old adage that “The whole is greater than the sum of its parts.” The second spinoff from the blockbuster reality series, Snooki & JWoww, drew 2.4 million viewers in its debut last night. That was a third of the audience that tuned in for the most recent Jersey Shore season premiere. Snooki & JWoww also debuted lower that the first Jersey Shore spinoff, The Pauly D Project, which opened with 2.9 million viewers in March, a sign that the multiple spinoffs are likely diluting the franchise. Overall, 2.4 million is an OK number, on par with MTV’s reality staple Teen Mom, but given Snooki’s status of a pop culture and tabloid fixture, the premiere probably should’ve done better. In its defense, Snooki & JWoww had the tentpole 10 PM position while Pauly D aired at 10:30 behind Punk’d. Among persons 12-34, Snooki & JWoww averaged a 2.1 rating to rank as Thursday’s No. 1 original series of the day in the demo. Starting next week, the reality comedy will be used as a lead-in for the second season of scripted comedy Awkward.
MTV's 'Snooki & JWoww' Off To So-So Start
What's Hot on Deadline
Keaton Jones Facebook Video Gone After Mom's Confederate Flag Photos Surface: Is Hollywood Still "KeatonStrong"?
Skirball Fire: Officials Determine Cause Of Bel-Air Blaze; Thomas Fire Still Unchecked; Apple Donates $1M - Update
Latest TV News
- Netflix Fires Executive For “Careless” Remarks On Danny Masterson Allegations
- Fox Developing Soap From ‘No Good Deed’ Writer & Chernin Entertainment
- ‘Lady In The Mask’ Psychological Thriller Drama From Amblin TV Set At the CW
- Shelter PR Launches Film & TV Division With Hire Of Former Paramount Exec
- ‘Saturday Night Live’: Colin Jost & Michael Che Named Co-Head Writers Of NBC Show
- Donald Trump Looks Like A Real Winner If Disney & Fox Deal Gets Done