The Jersey Shore franchise is validating the old adage that “The whole is greater than the sum of its parts.” The second spinoff from the blockbuster reality series, Snooki & JWoww, drew 2.4 million viewers in its debut last night. That was a third of the audience that tuned in for the most recent Jersey Shore season premiere. Snooki & JWoww also debuted lower that the first Jersey Shore spinoff, The Pauly D Project, which opened with 2.9 million viewers in March, a sign that the multiple spinoffs are likely diluting the franchise. Overall, 2.4 million is an OK number, on par with MTV’s reality staple Teen Mom, but given Snooki’s status of a pop culture and tabloid fixture, the premiere probably should’ve done better. In its defense, Snooki & JWoww had the tentpole 10 PM position while Pauly D aired at 10:30 behind Punk’d. Among persons 12-34, Snooki & JWoww averaged a 2.1 rating to rank as Thursday’s No. 1 original series of the day in the demo. Starting next week, the reality comedy will be used as a lead-in for the second season of scripted comedy Awkward.
MTV's 'Snooki & JWoww' Off To So-So Start
What's Hot on Deadline
SAG Awards: 'Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri' Wins For Film Ensemble - Complete Winners List
Jason Blum's Advice To Burgeoning Producers At Sundance: "Don’t Worry About Your Movie Getting A Theatrical Release"
SAG Awards Analysis: 'Three Billboards' Rebounds From PGA Loss, But Oscar Race Still Too Close To Call; NBC's 'This Is Us' Shakes Things Up On TV Side
'Jumanji' At $768M WW Intensity & 4th #1 In A Row Overseas; 'Maze Runner: Death Cure' Debuts - International Box Office
PGA Awards: 'The Shape Of Water' Wins Outstanding Producer; 'Handmaid's Tale', 'Mrs. Maisel' Tops In TV - Full Winners List
White House Correspondent April Ryan Tells CNN News Organizations Have Police "On Speed Dial" For Death Threats
Latest TV News
- SAG Awards Analysis: ‘Three Billboards’ Rebounds From PGA Loss, But Oscar Race Still Too Close To Call; NBC’s ‘This Is Us’ Shakes…
- SAG Awards Backstage: Allison Janney Calls #MeToo Movement “Watershed Moment” For Hollywood
- SAG Awards: ‘Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri’ Wins For Film Ensemble – Complete Winners List
- Philadelphia Eagles Demolish Minnesota Vikings 38-7 In NFC Championship
- SAG Awards Stunt Ensemble Winners: ‘Wonder Woman’ & ‘Game Of Thrones’
- New England Patriots Top Jacksonville Jaguars 24-20 in AFC Championship