The Jersey Shore franchise is validating the old adage that “The whole is greater than the sum of its parts.” The second spinoff from the blockbuster reality series, Snooki & JWoww, drew 2.4 million viewers in its debut last night. That was a third of the audience that tuned in for the most recent Jersey Shore season premiere. Snooki & JWoww also debuted lower that the first Jersey Shore spinoff, The Pauly D Project, which opened with 2.9 million viewers in March, a sign that the multiple spinoffs are likely diluting the franchise. Overall, 2.4 million is an OK number, on par with MTV’s reality staple Teen Mom, but given Snooki’s status of a pop culture and tabloid fixture, the premiere probably should’ve done better. In its defense, Snooki & JWoww had the tentpole 10 PM position while Pauly D aired at 10:30 behind Punk’d. Among persons 12-34, Snooki & JWoww averaged a 2.1 rating to rank as Thursday’s No. 1 original series of the day in the demo. Starting next week, the reality comedy will be used as a lead-in for the second season of scripted comedy Awkward.
MTV's 'Snooki & JWoww' Off To So-So Start
What's Hot on Deadline
'Nashville' Creator Callie Khouri On Tragic Twist, Its Inevitability & Aftermath And Why Fans Should Keep Watching
Bill Maher Under Gun Over Late-'90s Video Condoning Sex Between 33-Year-Old Teacher And 12-Year-Old Student
Latest TV News
- Pondering The Imponderable: How A Restructured Hollywood Would Deal With Striking Writers
- Univision Pulls Ads For Pulse Shooting Show Segment; Club Owner, Mothers, Victims, GLAAD Press Network To Stop “Blood Bath”…
- Republican Congressman Darrell Issa’s ‘Real Time’ Surprise Call For Special Prosecutor Gains Traction
- ‘The Good Fight’ Adds Nyambi Nyambi As Recurring
- 'American Girl': Gwendoline Yeo To Star In Amazon's Special 'Ivy & Julie 1976: A Happy Balance'
- ‘MacGyver’ Rebounds In Demo Ratings, ‘Shark Tank’ & ‘Hawaii Five-0’ Top Night