The Jersey Shore franchise is validating the old adage that “The whole is greater than the sum of its parts.” The second spinoff from the blockbuster reality series, Snooki & JWoww, drew 2.4 million viewers in its debut last night. That was a third of the audience that tuned in for the most recent Jersey Shore season premiere. Snooki & JWoww also debuted lower that the first Jersey Shore spinoff, The Pauly D Project, which opened with 2.9 million viewers in March, a sign that the multiple spinoffs are likely diluting the franchise. Overall, 2.4 million is an OK number, on par with MTV’s reality staple Teen Mom, but given Snooki’s status of a pop culture and tabloid fixture, the premiere probably should’ve done better. In its defense, Snooki & JWoww had the tentpole 10 PM position while Pauly D aired at 10:30 behind Punk’d. Among persons 12-34, Snooki & JWoww averaged a 2.1 rating to rank as Thursday’s No. 1 original series of the day in the demo. Starting next week, the reality comedy will be used as a lead-in for the second season of scripted comedy Awkward.
MTV's 'Snooki & JWoww' Off To So-So Start
What's Hot on Deadline
‘Boyhood’, 'Grand Budapest', 'Lego Movie' Score Big At 65th ACE Eddie Awards -- Complete Winners List
Bryan Cranston & David Shore's ‘Sneaky Pete’ Civil Rights Crime Drama From Rene Balcer Get CBS Pilot Orders
More From Andreeva
- Bryan Cranston & David Shore’s 'Sneaky Pete' Civil Rights Crime Drama From Rene Balcer Get CBS Pilot Orders
- Johnny Knoxville, Jermaine Fowler Projects, NBA Buddy Show Among 7 ABC Comedy Pilot Orders
- ABC Picks Up 4 Drama Pilots
- Busy Philipps Joins HBO Comedy Series 'Vice Principals'
- Medical Drama ‘LFE’ Gets CBS Pilot Order
- Idina Menzel To Star In ‘Happy Time’ Comedy Produced By Ellen DeGeneres