Shamrock Capital Growth Fund III, from the private equity investment firm for the family of Roy E. Disney, has acquired global research firm MarketCast, which collaborates with entertainment marketers and researchers on marketing strategy. Terms were not disclosed. Shamrock Capital Advisors’ fund holds $400 million raised last year and has stakes in such entertainment entities as Screenvision and Real D. MarketCast had been a part of Reed Business Information and is part of a growing field of competitors in the entertainment marketing space. Said RBI Global CEO Mark Kelsey: “MarketCast continues to perform well, but as a company RBI is increasingly focused on building paid content, whether in data, subscriptions, conferences or events, and we felt that MarketCast could best continue to thrive with existing management and a new owner for whom marketing research is a core priority”.
Shamrock Buys Marketing Data Firm MarketCast
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: 2nd Best Sunday $60M+; 3-Day $201M+; 4-Day To Shred 'Jurassic World' & Possibly 'Last Jedi'
Winter Olympics: Adam Rippon Turns Down NBC Correspondent Position, Net Struggles With Broadcast Gaffes — Update
Olympic Curling Medalist From Russia Busted For Doping; Wardrobe Malfunction Leaves French Ice Dancer Exposed
Latest Film News
- SAG-AFTRA Closes “Wigging” Probe, Says It “Remains Committed” To Ending Practice Of Men Doubling For Women
- Activist Organization Hosts Voter Registration Events At ‘Black Panther’ Screenings
- Blue Fox Hires Myriad Pictures’ Audrey Delaney As Marketing & Distribution SVP – Berlin
- José Padilha Lifts The Lid On ‘7 Days In Entebbe’ – Berlin
- ‘Black Panther’ Blasts Off With $169M Overseas; $371M WW Weekend – International Box Office
- ‘Black Panther’ Goes Wild: 2nd Best Sunday $60M+; 3-Day $201M+; 4-Day To Shred ‘Jurassic World’ & Possibly ‘Last Jedi…