Shamrock Capital Growth Fund III, from the private equity investment firm for the family of Roy E. Disney, has acquired global research firm MarketCast, which collaborates with entertainment marketers and researchers on marketing strategy. Terms were not disclosed. Shamrock Capital Advisors’ fund holds $400 million raised last year and has stakes in such entertainment entities as Screenvision and Real D. MarketCast had been a part of Reed Business Information and is part of a growing field of competitors in the entertainment marketing space. Said RBI Global CEO Mark Kelsey: “MarketCast continues to perform well, but as a company RBI is increasingly focused on building paid content, whether in data, subscriptions, conferences or events, and we felt that MarketCast could best continue to thrive with existing management and a new owner for whom marketing research is a core priority”.
Shamrock Buys Marketing Data Firm MarketCast
What's Hot on Deadline
DC Digital Service To Launch With 'Titans' Series From Greg Berlanti & Akiva Goldsman And 'Young Justice: Outsiders'
Trevor Noah On Trump Ignoring First 100 Days: If Voters Chose The Number They Preferred "You Wouldn’t Be In The White House”
'Bates Motel' Shuts Its Doors With Bloody Series Finale; Will Other Hitchcock Pics Find Their Way To TV?
Latest Film News
- WGA Establishes Strike Fund In Preparation For Walkout
- ‘Star Wars,’ ‘Frozen 2’ And ‘The Lion King’: Disney Unleashes A Barrage Of Release Dates
- WWE Ring Titan Vince McMahon Getting His Close-Up With ‘Pandemonium’
- IFC Midnight Nabs ‘Darkness Rising’; Music Box Tunes Up ‘Chavela’ Docu
- Roman Polanski Rape Victim Joins Director’s Latest Effort For U.S. Return
- Alexandra Shipp Boards Simon Kaijser's Thriller ‘Spinning Man’