Shamrock Capital Growth Fund III, from the private equity investment firm for the family of Roy E. Disney, has acquired global research firm MarketCast, which collaborates with entertainment marketers and researchers on marketing strategy. Terms were not disclosed. Shamrock Capital Advisors’ fund holds $400 million raised last year and has stakes in such entertainment entities as Screenvision and Real D. MarketCast had been a part of Reed Business Information and is part of a growing field of competitors in the entertainment marketing space. Said RBI Global CEO Mark Kelsey: “MarketCast continues to perform well, but as a company RBI is increasingly focused on building paid content, whether in data, subscriptions, conferences or events, and we felt that MarketCast could best continue to thrive with existing management and a new owner for whom marketing research is a core priority”.
Shamrock Buys Marketing Data Firm MarketCast
What's Hot on Deadline
Keaton Jones Facebook Video Gone After Mom's Confederate Flag Photos Surface: Is Hollywood Still "KeatonStrong"?
Golden Globes Nominations: 'The Shape Of Water' & 'The Post' Tops In Film, 'Big Little Lies' Leads TV
Latest Film News
- ‘Jumanji: Welcome To The Jungle’ Review: Dwayne Johnson, Kevin Hart & Jack Black Are In The Game, But Laughs Don’t…
- Who Reps The Black List 2017 Scripts: The Charts
- ‘Darkest Hour’s Gary Oldman Joins Director Joe Wright And Tells Why He Almost Turned Down The Role Of Churchill – The…
- ’13 Reasons Why’ Star Katherine Langford To Topline YA Film ‘Spontaneous’
- ‘Detective Pikachu’ Gets Summer 2019 Release Date
- Saudi Arabia: Theater Owners Trade Group Has “Extensive Plans” For Kingdom’s Cinemas