The expected news came this morning, one day after Ann Curry’s tearful goodbye on Today. Savannah Guthrie‘s upgrade is effective immediately, putting her on the NBC morning show’s anchor team of Matt Lauer, Al Roker, Natalie Morales. The group’s first official show together is July 9. “In just a few short years Savannah has become a standout member of the news division as well as the ultimate team player”, NBC News president Steve Capus said in the release today. “She’s anchored for Brian on NBC Nightly News, moderated for David on Meet The Press, co-hosted the 9 a.m. hour of Today, reported for Rock Center and Dateline, and provided legal insights in our Supreme Court Special Reports – and that was all within the last week! She’s got an undeniable range, and she’s earned the trust of the news community, her colleagues and our viewers alike”. Guthrie joined Today in June 2011 as co-host of the third hour and chief legal correspondent. She had been NBC News White House Correspondent from December 2008 to June 2011 and served as co-host of MSNBC’s The Daily Rundown from January 2010 to June 2011. She came to NBC from CourtTV.
It's Official: Savannah Guthrie Named 'Today' Co-Anchor
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pacific Rim: Uprising' Doesn't Create Waves At $26M+; 'Black Panther' Sets Marvel Record & Beats 'Avengers'
Latest TV News
- ‘Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D.’ Showrunners Talk How ‘Infinity War’ Might Affect The ABC Marvel Series…
- John Cena, Millie Bobby Brown Salute ‘March For Our Lives’ At Kids’ Choice Awards
- FX Pulls the Plug On Marvel's Deadpool Animated TV Series From Donald Glover
- ‘Fear The Walking Dead’ Showrunners & Cast On Season 4: “A Journey From Isolation To Community”…
- ‘Chicago Fire’ Family Mourns Death Of DuShon Monique Brown – Reactions
- ‘Lost In Space’: Netflix Debuts Remake At Wondercon With Leading Women And Intergalactic Family Dysfunction