The expected news came this morning, one day after Ann Curry’s tearful goodbye on Today. Savannah Guthrie‘s upgrade is effective immediately, putting her on the NBC morning show’s anchor team of Matt Lauer, Al Roker, Natalie Morales. The group’s first official show together is July 9. “In just a few short years Savannah has become a standout member of the news division as well as the ultimate team player”, NBC News president Steve Capus said in the release today. “She’s anchored for Brian on NBC Nightly News, moderated for David on Meet The Press, co-hosted the 9 a.m. hour of Today, reported for Rock Center and Dateline, and provided legal insights in our Supreme Court Special Reports – and that was all within the last week! She’s got an undeniable range, and she’s earned the trust of the news community, her colleagues and our viewers alike”. Guthrie joined Today in June 2011 as co-host of the third hour and chief legal correspondent. She had been NBC News White House Correspondent from December 2008 to June 2011 and served as co-host of MSNBC’s The Daily Rundown from January 2010 to June 2011. She came to NBC from CourtTV.
It's Official: Savannah Guthrie Named 'Today' Co-Anchor
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
Jennifer Aniston May Be On The Fast Track To Oscar As Awards Groups Shower Her With Best Actress Nominations
More From Team
- Republicans To Exhibitors: Play 'The Interview'
- 'Orange Is The New Black' Inmates Croon A Zany 'Twelve Days Of Christmas' – Watch
- North Korea Wants To Work With U.S. To Find Hacker; Obama Admin Asks China For Help – UPDATE
- Sony Hack: Guardians Of Peace YouTube Video Jeering FBI Sent To Journalists
- Emmy-Winning Daytime TV Director Larry Auerbach, Dead At 91
- Embeth Davidtz & Jack Noseworthy Join 'Marilyn' Miniseries; 'Lumen' Pilot Rounds Out Cast