Rebekah Brooks and five others arrested on charges related to the phone-hacking scandal at the News Of The World will enter their pleas at a hearing on Sept 26. Along with Brooks, her husband Charlie and four others have been charged with perverting the course of justice amid the investigation into phone hacking at the News Corp-controlled newspaper. A longtime ally of Rupert Murdoch, Brooks was formerly the chief exec of News Corp’s UK press arm, News International. She and her husband are also close friends of Prime Minister David Cameron. She is expected to know by the end of August if she will face further charges related to the police investigations into allegations of phone hacking and illegal payments, The Guardian reported.
Rebekah Brooks Plea Hearing Set In Phone-Hacking Investigation
What's Hot on Deadline
'Gods Of Egypt': 'Selma' Director Ava DuVernay Responds To Alex Proyas & Lionsgate Apology For Lack Of Diversity - Update
Thanksgiving Box Office +12% Over 2014, Boosted By 'Mockingjay 2', 'Good Dinosaur' & 'Creed' - Sunday AM Final Update
China Makes Space For ‘The Martian’ As ‘Good Dinosaur’ Snatches Eggs From No. 1 ‘Mockingjay 2’ – Intl B.O. Update
’The Danish Girl’ Bows With Style; 'Janis: Little Girl Blue' Solid In Debut; 'Carol’ Dominates Thanksgiving: Specialty B.O.
Latest International News
- China Makes Space For 'The Martian' As 'Good Dinosaur' Snatches Eggs From No. 1 'Mockingjay 2' – Intl B.O. Update
- ‘The Assassin’, ‘Carol’, ‘Mad Max: Fury Road’ Top BFI Sight & Sound’s Best…
- French Media Dedicates Coverage To Emotional Memorial Service For Victims Of Paris Attacks
- Roman Polanski Will Not Be Extradited To The U.S. From Poland
- ‘Luther’ Trailer: Idris Elba Returns To Track A New Serial Killer
- Apichatpong Weerasethakul’s ‘Cemetery Of Splendour’ Wins At Asia Pacific Awards