Rebekah Brooks and five others arrested on charges related to the phone-hacking scandal at the News Of The World will enter their pleas at a hearing on Sept 26. Along with Brooks, her husband Charlie and four others have been charged with perverting the course of justice amid the investigation into phone hacking at the News Corp-controlled newspaper. A longtime ally of Rupert Murdoch, Brooks was formerly the chief exec of News Corp’s UK press arm, News International. She and her husband are also close friends of Prime Minister David Cameron. She is expected to know by the end of August if she will face further charges related to the police investigations into allegations of phone hacking and illegal payments, The Guardian reported.
Rebekah Brooks Plea Hearing Set In Phone-Hacking Investigation
What's Hot on Deadline
Popular Japanese Title 'Attack On Titan' Eyed By Warner Bros. For 'Fantastic Beasts' Producer David Heyman
'Split' And 'xXx' Merge Into Market While 'The Founder' May Get Lost In Heavy Traffic - Box Office Preview
'Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee' Moves To Netflix As Part Of Big Jerry Seinfeld Deal That Includes Specials & Series
Latest International News
- Thomas Tull Exiting As Legendary’s Chairman & CEO
- ‘XXX: Return Of Xander Cage’ Nabs Investment From China’s Huahua & SFG
- Ed Norton, Bella Thorne & More Join Meryl Streep To Voice TWC’s ‘Guardian Brothers’
- Curzon To Be Honored At BAFTA Film Awards; Maisie Williams Joins Aardman’s ‘Early Man’…
- Benelux Distributor The Searchers Signs Slate Co-Financing Deal With Anton Corp.
- China President Warns On Trade War: “No One Emerges A Winner” – Davos