Rebekah Brooks and five others arrested on charges related to the phone-hacking scandal at the News Of The World will enter their pleas at a hearing on Sept 26. Along with Brooks, her husband Charlie and four others have been charged with perverting the course of justice amid the investigation into phone hacking at the News Corp-controlled newspaper. A longtime ally of Rupert Murdoch, Brooks was formerly the chief exec of News Corp’s UK press arm, News International. She and her husband are also close friends of Prime Minister David Cameron. She is expected to know by the end of August if she will face further charges related to the police investigations into allegations of phone hacking and illegal payments, The Guardian reported.
Rebekah Brooks Plea Hearing Set In Phone-Hacking Investigation
What's Hot on Deadline
Matt Groening Netflix Animated Comedy A Go With 20-Episode Order, Abbi Jacobson, Nat Faxon & Eric Andre Lead Voice Cast
Latest International News
- ‘Valerian’ And The City Of A Thousand Misconceptions: Who’s On The Hook?
- Wanda Boss Says Company Is Putting The Brakes On Hollywood Investments
- Protagonist Pictures Ups Dave Bishop To CEO After Mike Goodridge Exit
- Toronto Film Festival 2017 Unveils Strong Slate
- Rosemarie DeWitt & Danny Huston Join Johnny Depp In ‘Richard Says Goodbye’
- Venice Days Lineup Includes Works From Chloe Sevigny, Kim Nguyen & China’s Pengfei