Rebekah Brooks and five others arrested on charges related to the phone-hacking scandal at the News Of The World will enter their pleas at a hearing on Sept 26. Along with Brooks, her husband Charlie and four others have been charged with perverting the course of justice amid the investigation into phone hacking at the News Corp-controlled newspaper. A longtime ally of Rupert Murdoch, Brooks was formerly the chief exec of News Corp’s UK press arm, News International. She and her husband are also close friends of Prime Minister David Cameron. She is expected to know by the end of August if she will face further charges related to the police investigations into allegations of phone hacking and illegal payments, The Guardian reported.
Rebekah Brooks Plea Hearing Set In Phone-Hacking Investigation
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Wastes No Time Responding To Donald & Hillary; Megyn Kelly & Rosie O'Donnell Get The Last Word, For Now
Latest International News
- Barry Jenkins’ ‘Moonlight’ To Shine On Rome Film Fest’s Opening Night
- ‘Das Boot’: Sonar Acquires Rights To Event Series; Boards As Co-Producer
- Netflix’s Ted Sarandos Says Company’s Creative Involvement Is “Always Invited”
- Bart & Fleming: How Will Wanda & Other Chinese Backers Change Movie Content?
- NBCUni CEO Steve Burke Applauds Presidential Debate Moderator Lester Holt
- Global Media Reacts To Trump Vs. Clinton Debate