Rebekah Brooks and five others arrested on charges related to the phone-hacking scandal at the News Of The World will enter their pleas at a hearing on Sept 26. Along with Brooks, her husband Charlie and four others have been charged with perverting the course of justice amid the investigation into phone hacking at the News Corp-controlled newspaper. A longtime ally of Rupert Murdoch, Brooks was formerly the chief exec of News Corp’s UK press arm, News International. She and her husband are also close friends of Prime Minister David Cameron. She is expected to know by the end of August if she will face further charges related to the police investigations into allegations of phone hacking and illegal payments, The Guardian reported.
Rebekah Brooks Plea Hearing Set In Phone-Hacking Investigation
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest International News
- AT&T-Time Warner Merger Antitrust Review Casting Pall Over Fox Talks
- ‘Justice League’ Unites $27.3M After Two Days At International Box Office
- Warner Bros Launches China Exchange Program With Casting, Management Focus
- ‘White Sun’ EP Danny Glover On The Hope Children Bring For The Future Of The Political Process
- Streaming Service BritBox Launches Xmas Specials and Simulcasts UK Shows
- Al Franken Apologizes After Radio Host Posts Photo Of Him Groping Her During ’06 USO Trip