The 3D technology company says this morning that it will install its systems at 100 screens operated by SMI Corporation’s Stellar International Cineplex. “This agreement adds to RealD’s growing traction in the Chinese exhibition market where we recently announced four new exhibitors, giving RealD a total commitment of 2,000 RealD 3D-equipped screens in China,” says RealD’s Edman Chan. Last month RealD announced a similar deal with HNA Group to equip up to 500 screens across HNA’s new theater circuit. Stellar has 250 auditoriums at 40 locations in 20 provinces and cities. Exhibition technology companies are eager to capitalize on the fast-growing demand for movies in China — especially since February when the government agreed to relax trade barriers on U.S. productions. RealD competitor IMAX has also been moving aggressively into the market.
RealD To Have 2,000 Screens In China Following Deal With Stellar International
What's Hot on Deadline
Trevor Noah On Trump Ignoring First 100 Days: If Voters Chose The Number They Preferred "You Wouldn’t Be In The White House”
'Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2' Review: Chris Pratt Leads Best Marvel Cast Ever To Save The Universe (And This Sequel)
'Bates Motel' Shuts Its Doors With Bloody Series Finale; Will Other Hitchcock Pics Find Their Way To TV?
'Kingsman: The Golden Circle' Trailer: Julianne Moore, Channing Tatum & Jeff Bridges Join The Action For Round 2
Latest Film News
- ‘Transformers’ Tom DeSanto, China’s CITIC Guoan Pact On Co-Productions
- Sundance London Announces Lineup; ‘A Ghost Story’ Set To Close Event
- Directors’ Fortnight Adds Title; Karlovy Vary Sets Tributes – Global Briefs
- Dustin Hoffman Grills Noah Baumbach (And Gets Grilled Too): Tribeca Film Festival
- ‘Kingsman: The Golden Circle’ Trailer: Julianne Moore, Channing Tatum & Jeff Bridges Join The Action For…
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2’ Review: Chris Pratt Leads Best Marvel Cast Ever To Save The Universe (And…