The 3D technology company says this morning that it will install its systems at 100 screens operated by SMI Corporation’s Stellar International Cineplex. “This agreement adds to RealD’s growing traction in the Chinese exhibition market where we recently announced four new exhibitors, giving RealD a total commitment of 2,000 RealD 3D-equipped screens in China,” says RealD’s Edman Chan. Last month RealD announced a similar deal with HNA Group to equip up to 500 screens across HNA’s new theater circuit. Stellar has 250 auditoriums at 40 locations in 20 provinces and cities. Exhibition technology companies are eager to capitalize on the fast-growing demand for movies in China — especially since February when the government agreed to relax trade barriers on U.S. productions. RealD competitor IMAX has also been moving aggressively into the market.
RealD To Have 2,000 Screens In China Following Deal With Stellar International
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Excessive Force,’ Carl Franklin To Direct With Ice Cube Starring, Is Latest On CubeVision Slate
- WME Signs Anthony Byrne; ‘In Darkness’ Helmer Set For ‘Peaky Blinders’ Season 5
- Allison Janney & Jim Gaffigan To Co-Star In Amazon’s 'Troupe Zero'
- James Comey’s ‘A Higher Loyalty’ Selling Three Times What ‘Fire And Fury’ Did In First Week
- Disney Previews Opening Scene Of 'Incredibles 2 – CinemaCon
- ‘Solo: A Star Wars Story’ Extended Footage Unveiled: When Han Met Lando – CinemaCon