The 3D technology company says this morning that it will install its systems at 100 screens operated by SMI Corporation’s Stellar International Cineplex. “This agreement adds to RealD’s growing traction in the Chinese exhibition market where we recently announced four new exhibitors, giving RealD a total commitment of 2,000 RealD 3D-equipped screens in China,” says RealD’s Edman Chan. Last month RealD announced a similar deal with HNA Group to equip up to 500 screens across HNA’s new theater circuit. Stellar has 250 auditoriums at 40 locations in 20 provinces and cities. Exhibition technology companies are eager to capitalize on the fast-growing demand for movies in China — especially since February when the government agreed to relax trade barriers on U.S. productions. RealD competitor IMAX has also been moving aggressively into the market.
RealD To Have 2,000 Screens In China Following Deal With Stellar International
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Marty Sklar Dies: Longtime Imagineer, Theme Park Designer & Walt Disney’s “Right-Hand Man” Was 83
- Peter Bart: Police Sadism In ‘Detroit’ May Stir Audiences, But Will It Also Provoke Them?
- ‘LBJ’ Trailer: Woody Harrelson As 36th President In Rob Reiner’s Next Film
- Fox & 21 Laps Land John Kamps Novel ‘The Prince’s Guard’
- Pablo Schreiber Joins Dwayne Johnson In ‘Skyscraper’
- ‘Brigsby Bear’s 3311 Productions Sets Two Movies