EXCLUSIVE: Ray Winstone has been offered the role of Noah’s nemesis in the Darren Aronofsky-directed Biblical epic Noah. Negotiations are underway for Winstone to go mano a mano against Russell Crowe in the film, which also stars Logan Lerman, Douglas Booth and Emma Watson. I’m told that Aronofsky considered a number of actors — Val Kilmer was among them — but wanted a thesp with the grit and size to be convincing as he goes head to head against Crowe’s Noah character. And here I thought Noah’s main nemesis was bad weather. I expect this deal will work out. It’s a big job for Winstone, who’s coming off Snow White And The Huntsman and Hugo. Winstone has shown his macho chops though in films that include 44 Inch Chest, Sexy Beast and The Departed. Still to be cast by Aronofsky is Noah’s wife. I’d heard that Jennifer Connelly was among those being considered — she and Crowe starred together in A Beautiful Mind – but nothing has been decided. Noah is being co-financed by Paramount and New Regency. Winstone is repped by ICM Partners.
Ray Winstone Gets Villain Offer In 'Noah'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Me And Earl And The Dying Girl' Takes Top Dramatic Honors At Sundance; Is It The Next 'Whiplash'? - Winners List
ADG Awards: 'Birdman', 'Grand Budapest Hotel', & 'Guardians' Take Top Film Prizes - 'Game Of Thrones', 'True Detective Among TV Winners
More From Fleming Jr
- Robert Redford-Nick Nolte Pic’ A Walk In The Woods’ Lands Whopping Broad Green Deal – Sundance
- Bleecker Street Acquires ‘I’ll See You In My Dreams’ – Sundance
- Sundance Pic ‘Digging For Fire’ Acquired By The Orchard & Sony Pictures Worldwide Acquisitions – Update
- Steinbeck’s ‘In Dubious Battle’ Helmed By James Franco With Strong Cast – Berlin
- Peter Berg In Talks To Replace JC Chandor On ‘Deepwater Horizon’ – Update
- Crowd Funding Effort Aims To Restore Debut Of ‘Meek’s Cutoff’ Helmer Kelly Reichardt