The U.S. Olympics Trials on NBC held steady, while all other originals last night were down. NBC’s America’s Got Talent from 9-11 PM (2.8/8) slipped 13% from Tuesday’s telecast to match its season low but still was the highest-rated series by a mile last night, with the Tuesday and Wednesday editions of the reality series likely to finish as 1-2 for the week. The swimming finals at the U.S. Olympic Trials from 8-9 PM (1.9/7) matched the trials’ fast national from Tuesday night, while the viewership posted an uptick to 7 million viewers. That follows the trend of audience growth for each of the five consecutive nights to date of NBC telecasts, which have been headlined by the Michael Phelps-Ryan Lochte rivalry. NBC easily won the night. Fox’s So You Think You Can Dance (2.0/7) was down 17% from last week. Following comedy repeats, the premiere of ABC’s Final Witness (1.0/3) missed the mark at 10 PM, down 17% from last June’s debut of Primetime Nightline:Beyond Belief. Also off was CBS’ Dogs In The City (0.9/3), down 18% from last week. It was lower rated than the CBS drama repeats that followed it.
RATINGS RAT RACE: 'Final Witness' Debuts Low, 'Talent', 'Dance' And 'Dogs' Drop
What's Hot on Deadline
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Ant-Man' Scribes Andrew Barrer & Gabriel Ferrari Join 'Transformers' Writers Room: Cybertron Pic In Offing?
Latest TV News
- FIFA President Sepp Blatter Targeted As Visa, Coke Kick Up Pressure
- ABC Signs Talent Deal With NBA Pilot Star Blondy Baruti
- Kate Shepherd Named EVP Content At Contend
- Sky To Invest $20M In Milan Hub For Arts; Fremantle Picks Up Jude Law’s ‘The Young Pope': Global Briefs
- Former MTV Exec Joins CMT As SVP Communications
- ‘Halt And Catch Fire’ Season 2 Review: Series About Dawn Of Digital Era Returns With Way More RAM