Raleigh Studios announced today it has entered into a long-term management agreement with Wuxi Studio in Wuxi, China, located in the Jiangsu province, to create a full service production and entertainment complex opening this August. The studio will serve as a hub for foreign productions seeking Chinese co-production opportunities as well as servicing the local Chinese domestic film and TV market. Phase One of the 2 million square foot complex consists of six soundstages and production offices, visual effects, post and editing facilities, as well as space for digital media initiatives like digital film processing and distribution. A commercial area housing movie theaters, restaurants and night clubs will also be part of Phase One. The second phase is currently planned to have five purpose-built sound stages large enough to accommodate any major international production, a water tank, and a dual purpose Hollywood-style city back lot for filming as well as a studio tour attraction. Raleigh Studios already has locations in Hollywood, Manhattan Beach, Playa Vista, Baton Rouge, Atlanta, Michigan, and Budapest.
Raleigh Studios To Manage Chinese Studio
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Abrams Artists Sues 'Ghost Adventures' Producer Over Unpaid Commissions
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'
- A+E Networks Outbids Time Warner For 10% Vice Media Stake
- HBO Miniseries 'Olive Kitteridge' Sets November Premiere Dates
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Is “Resting Comfortably”, Says Daughter Melissa