Raleigh Studios announced today it has entered into a long-term management agreement with Wuxi Studio in Wuxi, China, located in the Jiangsu province, to create a full service production and entertainment complex opening this August. The studio will serve as a hub for foreign productions seeking Chinese co-production opportunities as well as servicing the local Chinese domestic film and TV market. Phase One of the 2 million square foot complex consists of six soundstages and production offices, visual effects, post and editing facilities, as well as space for digital media initiatives like digital film processing and distribution. A commercial area housing movie theaters, restaurants and night clubs will also be part of Phase One. The second phase is currently planned to have five purpose-built sound stages large enough to accommodate any major international production, a water tank, and a dual purpose Hollywood-style city back lot for filming as well as a studio tour attraction. Raleigh Studios already has locations in Hollywood, Manhattan Beach, Playa Vista, Baton Rouge, Atlanta, Michigan, and Budapest.
Raleigh Studios To Manage Chinese Studio
What's Hot on Deadline
'Alice' Sees $62.7M In Offshore Looking Glass; 'Warcraft' Scores $31.7M; 'X-Men' Cumes $183.4M - Int'l Box Office Final
Moviegoers Turn Out For The 'Apocalypse' Over Memorial Day & Chop Off 'Alice's Head - Monday AM Update
Latest Film News
- Universal Changes Release Date On ‘Pitch Perfect 3’ Again
- Weinstein Company Blasts Open Road & ‘Little Prince’ Producers Over $35M ‘Playmobil…
- ‘Rogue One’: Re-Shoots But No Test Screening; Release Date Not Impacted
- Viacom Watchers Wonder: Who’d Step In If Sumner Redstone Cleans House?
- Cate Blanchett’s Broadway Debut With Chekhovian ‘The Present’ Sets House & Cast
- WGA West Pencils In $4 Million Surplus For Fiscal 2016