Raleigh Studios announced today it has entered into a long-term management agreement with Wuxi Studio in Wuxi, China, located in the Jiangsu province, to create a full service production and entertainment complex opening this August. The studio will serve as a hub for foreign productions seeking Chinese co-production opportunities as well as servicing the local Chinese domestic film and TV market. Phase One of the 2 million square foot complex consists of six soundstages and production offices, visual effects, post and editing facilities, as well as space for digital media initiatives like digital film processing and distribution. A commercial area housing movie theaters, restaurants and night clubs will also be part of Phase One. The second phase is currently planned to have five purpose-built sound stages large enough to accommodate any major international production, a water tank, and a dual purpose Hollywood-style city back lot for filming as well as a studio tour attraction. Raleigh Studios already has locations in Hollywood, Manhattan Beach, Playa Vista, Baton Rouge, Atlanta, Michigan, and Budapest.
Raleigh Studios To Manage Chinese Studio
What's Hot on Deadline
Winter Olympics: Adam Rippon Turns Down NBC Correspondent Position, Net Struggles With Broadcast Gaffes — Update
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: 2nd Best Sunday $60M+; 3-Day $201M+; 4-Day To Shred 'Jurassic World' & Possibly 'Last Jedi'
BAFTA Awards: 'Three Billboards' Wins Best Film, Tops Night With Five Nods - The Complete Winners List
Latest Film News
- M.I.A & Ed Sheeran Films Drum Up Global Interest in Rock Docs – Berlin
- ‘Dunkirk’, ‘Blade Runner 2049’ Take Home Top Honors At MPSE Golden Reel Awards – Complete Winners…
- Idrissa Ouedraogo Dies: Noted Director Of African Film Was 64
- BAFTA Awards: ‘Three Billboards’ Stuns ‘Shape Of Water’ But Does This Mean Oscar Is Next? – Hammond…
- History Is Already Written: Film Comedies Came Back In 2018
- Greenwich Entertainment Acquires Lorna Tucker Docu ‘Westwood: Punk, Icon, Activist’