Yvette Wilson, best known for portraying Andell Wilkerson on the UPN sitcom Moesha, has died in Los Angeles following a long battle against cervical cancer. Wilson, who was 48, died June 14. Moesha starred the singer Brandy as the title character. Wilkerson also played Andell on the Moesha spin-off The Parkers, which also starred Mo’Nique and ran from 1999 to 2004. In addition to The Parkers, Wilson also appeared in the series Thea as well as the movies Friday, Poetic Justice and House Party 2 and 3, Wilson, a Los Angeles native, began her career as a stand-up comedian.
R.I.P. Yvette Wilson
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Morgan Freeman “Devastated” Over Allegations, Says “I Did Not Assault Women” In New Statement
- Conan O’Brien Casts Roger Ailes Movie: Who Will Gary Sinise Or Mick Jagger Play?
- ‘Sesame Street’ Bosses Grouchy With STX Over Melissa McCarthy Flick ‘Happytime Murders’
- ‘American Exit’ Picked Up For Distribution By Lionsgate, Grindstone Entertainment
- Haley Bennett-Starring ‘Swallow’ Rounds Out Cast
- Netflix And Telefónica Confirm Their Partnership On Twitter