Yvette Wilson, best known for portraying Andell Wilkerson on the UPN sitcom Moesha, has died in Los Angeles following a long battle against cervical cancer. Wilson, who was 48, died June 14. Moesha starred the singer Brandy as the title character. Wilkerson also played Andell on the Moesha spin-off The Parkers, which also starred Mo’Nique and ran from 1999 to 2004. In addition to The Parkers, Wilson also appeared in the series Thea as well as the movies Friday, Poetic Justice and House Party 2 and 3, Wilson, a Los Angeles native, began her career as a stand-up comedian.
R.I.P. Yvette Wilson
What's Hot on Deadline
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Ant-Man' Scribes Andrew Barrer & Gabriel Ferrari Join 'Transformers' Writers Room: Cybertron Pic In Offing?
Latest Film News
- ‘Aloha’ Review: Cameron Crowe Fights Bad Buzz, Summer Tentpoles With Hawaii-Set Romantic Comedy
- Peter Heller Novel ‘The Painter’ Lands With ‘Fighter’ Scribe Paul Tamasy, ‘Blackfish’ Helmer…
- Universal Hires Telemundo Film Music Exec; Starz Acquires Tribeca Fest Rom-Com ‘Tumbledown’
- CAA Adds Maren Olson To Film Finance & Sales Group
- ‘Pawn Sacrifice’ Trailer: Bobby Fischer Vs. The World In Bleecker Street’s Chess Drama
- Robert E. Howard’s Conan The Barbarian, Kull And Other Creations Acquired By Fredrik Malmberg