Yvette Wilson, best known for portraying Andell Wilkerson on the UPN sitcom Moesha, has died in Los Angeles following a long battle against cervical cancer. Wilson, who was 48, died June 14. Moesha starred the singer Brandy as the title character. Wilkerson also played Andell on the Moesha spin-off The Parkers, which also starred Mo’Nique and ran from 1999 to 2004. In addition to The Parkers, Wilson also appeared in the series Thea as well as the movies Friday, Poetic Justice and House Party 2 and 3, Wilson, a Los Angeles native, began her career as a stand-up comedian.
R.I.P. Yvette Wilson
What's Hot on Deadline
Bravo Renews & Expands 'Southern Charm', Sets More 'Shahs Of Sunset' & 'Million Dollar Listing New York'
Latest Film News
- Hounds At His Heels, Brad Grey Has Decided To Fight For His Survival At Paramount–Part 1
- Doug Liman On The Challenges Of Shooting In The Virtual Reality Format
- SAG-AFTRA Teams With ATA To Pay Actors’ Unclaimed Residuals
- Topher Grace Joins Cast Of ‘Under The Silver Lake’
- Eric Bana To Star Opposite Forest Whitaker In Desmond Tutu Pic ‘The Forgiven’
- The Night State Sen. Ron Calderon Offered To Sell Out The Film Industry For A Bribe