Yvette Wilson, best known for portraying Andell Wilkerson on the UPN sitcom Moesha, has died in Los Angeles following a long battle against cervical cancer. Wilson, who was 48, died June 14. Moesha starred the singer Brandy as the title character. Wilkerson also played Andell on the Moesha spin-off The Parkers, which also starred Mo’Nique and ran from 1999 to 2004. In addition to The Parkers, Wilson also appeared in the series Thea as well as the movies Friday, Poetic Justice and House Party 2 and 3, Wilson, a Los Angeles native, began her career as a stand-up comedian.
R.I.P. Yvette Wilson
What's Hot on Deadline
'Devil's Bargain': Blumhouse TV Acquires Book About Steve Bannon & Donald Trump For Limited Series Adaptation
Venice Film Festival Sets Lido Launch For Aronofsky, Clooney, Del Toro, Payne & More As Awards Buzz Begins - Full List
Netflix 'Triple Frontier' Eyes August Start; Mark Wahlberg, Charlie Hunnam, Garrett Hedlund, Pedro Pascal In Talks
Latest Film News
- Marty Sklar Dies: Longtime Imagineer, Theme Park Designer & Walt Disney’s “Right-Hand Man” Was 83
- Peter Bart: Police Sadism In ‘Detroit’ May Stir Audiences, But Will It Also Provoke Them?
- ‘LBJ’ Trailer: Woody Harrelson As 36th President In Rob Reiner’s Next Film
- Fox & 21 Laps Land John Kamps Novel ‘The Prince’s Guard’
- Pablo Schreiber Joins Dwayne Johnson In ‘Skyscraper’
- ‘Brigsby Bear’s 3311 Productions Sets Two Movies