Yvette Wilson, best known for portraying Andell Wilkerson on the UPN sitcom Moesha, has died in Los Angeles following a long battle against cervical cancer. Wilson, who was 48, died June 14. Moesha starred the singer Brandy as the title character. Wilkerson also played Andell on the Moesha spin-off The Parkers, which also starred Mo’Nique and ran from 1999 to 2004. In addition to The Parkers, Wilson also appeared in the series Thea as well as the movies Friday, Poetic Justice and House Party 2 and 3, Wilson, a Los Angeles native, began her career as a stand-up comedian.
R.I.P. Yvette Wilson
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
Jennifer Aniston May Be On The Fast Track To Oscar As Awards Groups Shower Her With Best Actress Nominations
More From Team
- Republicans To Exhibitors: Play 'The Interview'
- 'Orange Is The New Black' Inmates Croon A Zany 'Twelve Days Of Christmas' – Watch
- North Korea Wants To Work With U.S. To Find Hacker; Obama Admin Asks China For Help – UPDATE
- Sony Hack: Guardians Of Peace YouTube Video Jeering FBI Sent To Journalists
- Emmy-Winning Daytime TV Director Larry Auerbach, Dead At 91
- Embeth Davidtz & Jack Noseworthy Join 'Marilyn' Miniseries; 'Lumen' Pilot Rounds Out Cast