Richard Lynch, best known for playing villainous characters in a career that spanned more than 40 years, has died. He was 76. Lynch’s rep Mike Baronas says the actor’s body was found today at his Palm Springs home by a friend and no investigation was planned into the cause of death. With his platinum hair and scarred face, Lynch was cast in dozens of sci-fi and horror films, including the Halloween franchise. Among his roles was serial killer Michael Myers’ high school principal in Rob Zombie’s Halloween remake in 2007. His most recent role was in Zombie’s upcoming movie, The Lords of Salem. His other films include Bad Dreams, The Sword and the Sorcerer, Scarecrow, The Ninth Configuration, and Little Nikita. TV series include Battlestar Galactica, The A-Team, Six Feet Under and Star Trek: The Next Generation. Lynch had said he permanently scarred his face in 1967 when he took LSD and set himself on fire.
R.I.P. Richard Lynch
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Create Advertising Group Ups Carrie Gormley & Jonathan Gitlin
- Karen Pittman Joins 'The Americans'; Gloria Reuben In 'Mr. Robot'
- 'Below Deck' Renewed For Third Season By Bravo
- 'Shark Tank' Spinoff 'Beyond The Tank' Ordered At ABC
- 'Cold Justice' Spinoff Greenlit By TNT
- Hollywood Film Awards Sets 18 Categories