Richard Lynch, best known for playing villainous characters in a career that spanned more than 40 years, has died. He was 76. Lynch’s rep Mike Baronas says the actor’s body was found today at his Palm Springs home by a friend and no investigation was planned into the cause of death. With his platinum hair and scarred face, Lynch was cast in dozens of sci-fi and horror films, including the Halloween franchise. Among his roles was serial killer Michael Myers’ high school principal in Rob Zombie’s Halloween remake in 2007. His most recent role was in Zombie’s upcoming movie, The Lords of Salem. His other films include Bad Dreams, The Sword and the Sorcerer, Scarecrow, The Ninth Configuration, and Little Nikita. TV series include Battlestar Galactica, The A-Team, Six Feet Under and Star Trek: The Next Generation. Lynch had said he permanently scarred his face in 1967 when he took LSD and set himself on fire.
R.I.P. Richard Lynch
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Huayi Brothers Spending $130 Million To Start U.S. Subsidiary
- 11 Years Later, Feds Order CNN To Rehire Fired Union Workers
- Hot Trailer: Jason Schwartzman & Elisabeth Moss In 'Listen Up Philip'
- Chiké Okonkwo Set For 'Banshee' Arc; Scott Glenn Joins 'Marvel's Daredevil'
- UPDATE: FCC Weighs In On Local Broadcaster's Rescue Of Dodgers For Stretch Run
- 'Bill Maher: Live From DC' HBO's Most Watched Comedy Special In 5 Years