FX has acquired first-run TV rights to movie sibling 20th Century Fox’s Prometheus, the Ridley Scott sci-fi movie that premiered this weekend and grossed about $50 million domestically. The deal gives FX the current No. 1 and No. 2 movies at the North American box office as it already acquired DreamWorks Animation’s Madagascar 3 through its output deal with DWA. The cable network also has rights to this year’s box office tentpoles The Avengers, Snow White And The Hunstman, Battleship and The Dictator.
FX Acquires 'Prometheus' TV Rights
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Global Showbiz Briefs: South Korea Submits 'Sea Fog' For Foreign-Language Oscar Race; Winnie Lau Joins Jet Tone Films
- Peter Dinklage Set For 'The Thicket'; John Magaro Joins 'The Finest Hours'; Celebrity Death Pool Pic Adds 6 To Cast
- John Candy's Son Takes The Lead In 'Bar America': Hot Trailer
- John Travolta, Kate Bosworth & Devon Sawa Wired Up For 'Life On The Line'
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 5: Hot TV Teaser