FX has acquired first-run TV rights to movie sibling 20th Century Fox’s Prometheus, the Ridley Scott sci-fi movie that premiered this weekend and grossed about $50 million domestically. The deal gives FX the current No. 1 and No. 2 movies at the North American box office as it already acquired DreamWorks Animation’s Madagascar 3 through its output deal with DWA. The cable network also has rights to this year’s box office tentpoles The Avengers, Snow White And The Hunstman, Battleship and The Dictator.
FX Acquires 'Prometheus' TV Rights
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Jon Lindstrom Joins 'True Detective'; Dan Buran Boards TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot
- 'Unfinished Business' Redband Trailer: Vince Vaughn And Company Invade Europe
- 'Late Late Show' Guest Hosts Include Drew Carey & Judd Apatow Ahead Of Corden Debut
- Richard Linklater To Receive Palm Springs Visionary Award For 'Boyhood'
- MPTF's Night Before Oscar Fundraiser Setting Up Shop On Fox Lot
- Matt Barr Joins TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot; Katie Sarife In 'The Michelle Knight Story'